NEurope
conzer16

Wii gets COLOUR

http://www.gamedrift.com/articles.php?a=201

From gamedrift.com via Kotaku

An anonymous Nintendo rep revealed to GameDrift that a plan is running through the pipeline to colourize the, as of now, rather bland colouration of its hit console, Wii. The rep did not reveal detailed specifics, however did remark that a red and black console have been confirmed.

No exact date or pricing information has yet been revealed. But, these rainbow Wiis are expected by the end of the year.

[/Quote]

wii.jpg

I read this on gonintendo as well, Nintendo have apparently refused to comment- so no official confirmation, seems like it might be more rumour at the moment to me-but we shall see.

lol, I knew this would happen. A lot of people are going to end up selling their consoles in order to buy one in a different colour. I'm waiting for a black wii with dvd playback...almost there.:awesome:

Wonder if these will launch with the updated Wii-motes?

Black Wii - Launch with Metroid Prime 3 (bundle)?

Red Wii - Launch with Mario Galaxy (bundle)?

I wanted a black wii, now it's too late. Hopefully they'll sell the coloured controllers seperately too so I can get a black one.

I wonder if you'll be able to trade in your old Wii for a coloured one (at an extra cost of course).

If so I'd probably go for a black one.

Think it's a bit unfair to wait a few months until everyone's got a Wii and then release the coloured versions. More money for them.

I wonder if you'll be able to trade in your old Wii for a coloured one (at an extra cost of course).

If so I'd probably go for a black one.

Think it's a bit unfair to wait a few months until everyone's got a Wii and then release the coloured versions. More money for them.

Problem with trading is you lose your VC purchases, wii points, reward stars, messages, friends list etc.

Bugger hadn't thought of that. You'd think Nintendo would think of a way of transfering all that over to a new console?

It's possible if you've connected your Wii to your VIP Account.

edit: As in, then you'll have proof of purchase

Motion, they're not going to do that. They'de rather sell them to new consumers full-price than having fricking' second-hand consoles sold for a lower price.

Why not the Lime Green? I'de have bought it if it had launched on day one. I do like the red one, and the black - well, it's black.

But surely Nintendo will be wanting to get as much money as possible from these colourful Wiis. They've got two target markets:

- People who already have a Wii but are tempted by a coloured one.

- People who don't have a Wii.

Releasing them in colour + some clever marketing will shift consoles to the second one.

Having the ability to transfer saves etc... to another machine will sell to the first one.

If they can cater for both possibilities, double the money.

teh black one is the one id go for by far

also whats this about a new controller?

never mind I just found the topic.

I want a lime green controller and a black Wii with a green neon. Or just have a plain white one with a mult-colored neon.

I prefer the white one, i think the red and green one look a bit tacky and daft..

But surely Nintendo will be wanting to get as much money as possible from these colourful Wiis. They've got two target markets:

- People who already have a Wii but are tempted by a coloured one.

- People who don't have a Wii.

Releasing them in colour + some clever marketing will shift consoles to the second one.

Having the ability to transfer saves etc... to another machine will sell to the first one.

If they can cater for both possibilities, double the money.

its not gonna happen there is no way they will let u trade it officially with them, when have you ever known that to happen when a new colour has been released of any console? They'd sooner you either keep your full price one or trade it in for a spanking new one(after all they just sell the wii's to stores for the dealer price, Nintendo doesn't lose any money if a store takes something in part exchange as they have already made their money, ok so guess in a round about way they lose money from the customer who in the end buys the preordered one by meh!)

And you can transfer saves already using an SD card can't you? (thought it was on VC, thats individual wii specific)

personally I think all this talk of new colours is premature, I'll wager it doesn't happen till xmas build up at the earliest

The problem with new colours is that you see it and you think - "Wow! That looks cool compared to this old one" - But, think about it the other way around. If it started black, and they released a white one, you would be of the thinking that the black was bland, and the white was a sort of iPod-sleek design. So it's all really a gimmick, which will wear off quickly enough. I'd rather buy a decal which I can remove.

The problem with new colours is that you see it and you think - "Wow! That looks cool compared to this old one" - But, think about it the other way around. If it started black, and they released a white one, you would be of the thinking that the black was bland, and the white was a sort of iPod-sleek design. So it's all really a gimmick, which will wear off quickly enough. I'd rather buy a decal which I can remove.

That's only true in the case of shallow people, people who just follow trends, who listen to what the radio feeds them, etc. People who know what they like don't change their tastes based on what's available or what comes first.

Back when the Wii was supposed to be released in multiple colours, I and many others didn't care for the white one. The colour I would most prefer for myself is grey, as in the SNES and the N64 controller. If that isn't possible then I'll take the black one. But I never really wanted a white one, even though I think it's pretty, I just don't want it if I can get the other one.

That's only true in the case of shallow people, people who just follow trends, who listen to what the radio feeds them, etc. People who know what they like don't change their tastes based on what's available or what comes first.

Back when the Wii was supposed to be released in multiple colours, I and many others didn't care for the white one. The colour I would most prefer for myself is grey, as in the SNES and the N64 controller. If that isn't possible then I'll take the black one. But I never really wanted a white one, even though I think it's pretty, I just don't want it if I can get the other one.

I'm the complete opposite, wanted white from the start. everything is always either silver or black wanted something different that would stand out so it's always been white for me

there will no doubt be skins or replacement cases soon. So as soon as the warranty is over I'll be modding like the internal geek with LED