NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

Favourite Mario Kart game?

Mario Kart DS has solid graphics, eight player games, Wi-Fi options, cool items and the best tracks from the old games. Who could want more?

my favorite is Mario kart 64 because it was the first one i played and it was the funnest but Mario kart ds is also good awell

I always regarded the original Mario Kart as my favourite. It did something new, was constantly interesting, with creative courses and loads of detail. Sure, as we've progressed the games have been refined with Mario Kart DS being the pinacle of the Mario Kart series.

Mario Kart DS is by far my favourite, if only because it has online multiplayer which rocks, then it would have to be Mario Kart 64 just cos thats the its the one I probably spent the most time on. Having said that have got the original on my SNES still reel that out from time to time.

For me it's a tie between Mario Kart DS (for obvious reasons) and Mario Kart 64 which, for me, still has the best battle mode!

Also, some of the tracks on MK64 were fantastic!

For me it's...

supermariokart1ai1.png

:love:

If I had to put them in order it'd be:

1/ Super Mario Kart

2/ Mario Kart DS

3/ Mario Kart Super Circuit

4/ Mario Kart 64

5/ Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

(I've not played the Arcade versions.)

Mario Kart DS comes really close to Super Mario Kart, but there's just something about the SNES game, a certain vibe that makes me love it so much, it's actually my favourite Nintendo game ever! :hehe:

Wouldn't this be better suited in retro gaming?

I'll always consider the original Super MarioKart to be my favourite. Though MarioKart64 is the one I always play with my family.

Super circuit was ok but double dash was disappointing. The DS version is great though, online play - hooray!

I suppose in order it would be:

Super MarioKart

MarioKart 64

MarioKart DS

MarioKart Super Circuit

MarioKart: Double Dash

Super Mario Kart, the original and still the best! After that Mario Kart 64, that was true gaming greatness, and the 4-player rocked.

Mario Kart DS is definatley my favourite. Wifi, great graphics, great tracks, great gameplay. I love them all though.

If I had to put them in order, it would be:

DS

Double Dash

Super Circuit

Super

Crash Team Racing beats them all.

(Though I haven't played the original MK)

CTR was awesome! Totally underrated!

MKDS is definately the best one though: eight-player, online, fast pace, old courses with great new ones, snaking...

(Though I haven't played the original MK)

very very true.finally i found another unblind person!

its true crash team had it all.

very very true.finally i found another unblind person!

its true crash team had it all.

Heh, what's with all the crash loving going on? CTR was good, but never as good as mario kart in terms of gameplay. The story thing was a good idea though (I remember completeing it 100%).

MKDS. In the face. Twice.

That's exactly what 2 screens are for.

I think it really was the story.Something that mario kart games are STILL lacking and really pisses me off everytime they release one.

But obviously the ds one is the best but still not good enough really

The DS one had missions, which kept me playing a while longer (not much though). But it's a step in the right direction.

Er the misson mode was dull.A nice addition but still dull.it is a step in the right direction but its a baby step

I think Diddy Kong Racing blended storyline and racing together perfectly. I'm glad it's getting remade.

MarioKart is still better though in terms of pure racing fun.

Heh, what's with all the crash loving going on? CTR was good, but never as good as mario kart in terms of gameplay. The story thing was a good idea though (I remember completeing it 100%).

Yeah...but CTR has decent shortcuts, many that require skill rather than just mushroom/star equivelents all the time, a better boost system (especially since there are 2 ways to boost), and better, more interesting tracks.

Playing competitivly against 3friends that know what they're doing is amazing.

Also, bombs are way better than shells (you cant aim them properly when there's 3 spinning round you), and missiles less cheap than red shells:heh:

Yeah...but CTR has decent shortcuts, many that require skill rather than just mushroom/star equivelents all the time, a better boost system (especially since there are 2 ways to boost), and better, more interesting tracks.

Also, bombs are way better than shells (you cant aim them properly when there's 3 spinning round you), and missiles less cheap than red shells:heh:

Completely agree! CTR was very competitive compared to the "even n00bs can win with red shells" mario kart. CTR>MK64.

Agreed seriously people.for those who think we are joking track it down.more characters and tracks than mario kart 64 and double dash.more difficult.Better weapons.

Yeah, it sure does. Shame that Nitro Kart didn't have same kind of quality as first one had.

Sign in to follow this