NEurope
Charlie

Are you happy with your Wii?

Seriously, buying console at launch is never thing that sane human being would do.

A) Launch titles always suck, no matter what console is. There is maybe one or two great titles.

B) Launch titles seldom take advantage of console's power. Just look first PS2 titles. Most of them looked only marginally better than last PSone titles. Same was with Xbox 360.

C) You pay more for console without gaining anything else than possibility to wave your e-pen.

D) You pay more for both games and accessories.

E) First 12 months are always slow with only maybe 50-70 releases.

F) You have people who complain about points A, B, C, D and E, because they didn't really understand what they were doing.

G) If you are trying to have civilized discussion about your new console, your thread is probably spammed by woefully ignorant idiots like Pit-Jr and solitanze. These guys preach their opinions as gospel, and if you disagree with them, they push harder. "If you aren't on my side, you are against me". They also try to use "you are fanboy" card, and dodge every logical and well-thought answer.

can still sell or trade at a profit.

x360 looks tempting. Not enough games really and novelty of wavey remotes gone. Spending most my time on the cube.

More than happy, Zelda ruled, Red Steel is pretty good, so is rayman and Wario Ware, Wii sports and Wii play get played a lot with my friends and family. So, for a console with 2 months it far surpasses any other. And the games that are coming just make it more sweet.

F) You have people who complain about points A, B, C, D and E, because they didn't really understand what they were doing.

G) If you are trying to have civilized discussion about your new console, your thread is probably spammed by woefully ignorant idiots like Pit-Jr and solitanze. These guys preach their opinions as gospel, and if you disagree with them, they push harder. "If you aren't on my side, you are against me". They also try to use "you are fanboy" card, and dodge every logical and well-thought answer.

:bowdown: to Teppo.

Seriously, buying console at launch is never thing that sane human being would do.

So youd prefer that everyone give a warm, glowing 5-star opinion of the Wii? If everyone loved it then this thread would be irrelevant. I gave my opinion without calling out anyone for being a fanboy. The only spam here is your constant lawyer-like defense of Nintendo. Go work for them and shut the fuck up

I'm really happy with my Wii. But I must admit at the moment I play a whole lot Cube on it / Just cube. MAN i love playing cube on it.

So youd prefer that everyone give a warm, glowing 5-star opinion of the Wii? If everyone loved it then this thread would be irrelevant. I gave my opinion without calling out anyone for being a fanboy. The only spam here is your constant lawyer-like defense of Nintendo. Go work for them and shut the fuck up

You just basically proved what I said. Because I disagreed with you, you just try to push harder. You also used "you are fanboy" card, blaming me Nintendo lawyer. You have done that quite often, and tried to invalidate my answers. There is difference between having opinions, and woefully ignorant opinions.

I must admit after I completed Zelda I have played my Wii less. The thing I seem to do the most on my Wii lately is load up the internet and watch simpsons, family guy or American Dad...

I have been playing my DS more or football manager on my PC...

as an 'xperienced' gamer, I haven't touched my Wii in three weeks now. I just don't use the thing. I bought Super Monkey Ball and have a playtime of, say, half an hour on it? Zelda got me in, but I'm out of that again and now Wii is just like the GameCube turned out to be three years ago. And empty hole in your pockets and not much of playing being done. But, there's an upside. My brother isn't an 'experienced' gamer, and yet he seems to play it almost every day. he's into Wii Sports. i think that our initial fear has come true: Wii is a console for the non-gamer. We, gamers, need a Xbox 360 or a PlayStation 3. If I had the money, i'de opt for the second.

Nintendo, i'm not happy. make me excited about Wii. Make it steal my love for a girl. Make me fall in love with Wii and not Stephanie. Still, you don't really seem to do that.

I love my Wii every day. Wii and mii. Mii and Wii.

The thought of going back to GameCube controls for Zelda gives me nightmares. The Wii controls does add alot to the gameplay, and makes Zelda a much more immersive and fun experience.

The Virtual Console is a godsend. I have access to alot of brilliant games from the comfort of my couch. It takes mere minutes to download and start playing.

I use my Wii everyday. I play Zelda, Virtual Console games, and browse the internet. And once in a while I have hysterical sessions of Wii tennis with my family.

All in all, Im very pleased with my Wii.

Substeinar also plays upside-down Zelda.

I was thinking, seing as there's only 1 out of 9 games that i have and didn't like, it's been good. I took Monkey sucks balls back yesturday (and Red Steel because i ahven't played it since i finished it). ANd in Feb there are 2 more games i like the look of. It's a good system.

And that makes it invulnerable for opinion? Don't be a hypocrit. GameCube didn't have the greatest time, but it did sway me. Sorry, Wii jsut doesn't cope at the moment... I like the idea, now it's time to get it running and make the idea and actual thing. Make it better than it is now. Because if it remains as boring as now, they can have it back. Not that I would sell anything Nintendo...

I have 7 Wii games so far and i'm getting another 3 within the next 2 months,so for me it's a great system.

Took me some time to get 7 games for 1 console before hand.I think it's great,I love Zelda and Wii Sports and when playing it with the family and friends it's great fun.So far no game seems repetitive and i'm glad I got it in launch day.

Games I have don't include VC games.

I am extremly satisfied with my purchase. In between the high adventure of Zelda, the mania of Wario, the cutified sporting prowess of 'Sports and the pofaced machoism of Madden (the control scheme IS amazing by the way) I've got enough quality gaming until the likes of Metroid and Mario lead the next wave of big titles over the horizon. I showed it to my family and they took to it immediatly. On the whole, I am immensily satisfied.

"Awww man! They should've released the console just for this!"

My Bro, while playing with the Mii channel.

Overall I'm happy, but I need more games. Where's Trauma Center and Excite Truck, Nintendo/Atlus?!

Other than the frustrating controls on occasion [CoD3 lockup, unresponsive sometimes etc] I'm extremely happy with my Wii. It doesn't feel exactly how I though it would, though - there's something missing, and I don't know what.

Still, good on you Nintendo. I'd still have a Wii over a PS3 any day.

I'm still not into Zelda. I just don't like it. I don't like Ocarina either. I did really like Wind Waker, but every other Zelda I've ever played I've not liked.

as an 'xperienced' gamer, I haven't touched my Wii in three weeks now. I just don't use the thing. I bought Super Monkey Ball and have a playtime of, say, half an hour on it? Zelda got me in, but I'm out of that again

Experienced gamer. lol

You're meant to actually play the games, before judging the system, not for half hours play on one, and not actually finishing another which is one of the best games in years.

I personally feel that there are no good games out for it at the moment apart from Zelda, which you can get on the GameCube anyway, there aren't any quality games coming out in the foreseeable future, there's no online play at all. I think if I had the chance I would take back my Wii for the full-price I paid for it and then buy it again later when some good games are out.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I wish i bought a 360 instead, games are cheaper, theres more of them and i could rent them as part of my LoveFilm package

The Wii is fun(ish). Zelda is great! Actually really enjoying playing it :D

Wii Sports is OK, but its starting to get infuriating (putting in golf :mad:)

Wii Play is terrible!

Awaiting Monkey Ball to see what i think of that but the way things are going my Wii will be up for sale by the end of next week.

Im not saying i wont buy it again, i'll probably pick one up on Smash Bros Brawl release day

A) Launch titles always suck, no matter what console is. There is maybe one or two great titles.

B) Launch titles seldom take advantage of console's power. Just look first PS2 titles. Most of them looked only marginally better than last PSone titles. Same was with Xbox 360.

C) You pay more for console without gaining anything else than possibility to wave your e-pen.

D) You pay more for both games and accessories.

E) First 12 months are always slow with only maybe 50-70 releases.

And that's not stating your opinion as gospel and saying that everyone should agree with you?

And that's not stating your opinion as gospel and saying that everyone should agree with you?

I was just stating commonly known facts about launches. Launches work always like this and I wouldn't recommend buying console at launch to any sane person. Point G) is especially true, because when Xbox 360 was released, it took about two months, and we had people complaining how game selection was poor, there wasn't anything interesting on the horizon, how X360 is just souped up Xbox and so on. Sounds familiar? :)

Do people realise the machines been out about 8 weeks? I'm not saying people cant be disappointed but people certainly need to be realistic.

I'm more than happy with my Wii - Zelda was amazing and IMO the cube evrsion simply cant match it so its worth it just for that one game. And thats not including the fun Ive had and will continue to have with Mii's, virtual console, the other channels, Sports, Play and the fun of playing with the wiimote on the other games - Monkey Ball, Rayman, Red Steel, Madden, Wario Ware, to me playing these games with the wii mote makes them more fun than equivalent titles on any mahcine simple as that! I love it. And for people to say theres no good games simply isnt giviung games a go cause theres loads of good games.

If you mean AAA games then refer back to my opening sentance - be realistic!! The Wii's laiunch is way better than any other launch inc. 360 and definitely inclusing PS3. Guess people love to moan!

And if people look at the release list of the coming months and cant find a handful of good games then....well....youre hard to please.