NEurope
Charlie

Are you happy with your Wii?

Did i miss some major games out?

Eledees, Sonic, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Strikers, BWii.

Theres more games due out before August than I could possibly afford.

You missed major and minor games, what matters is that Wii is getting a lot of support from 3rd parties even if most are crappy ports and most 1st party games are yet to come. But didn't you forget Tony Hawk, Rayman, Red Steel and Wario Ware. I own these and I really like them all. I've always bought consoles at launch but I never had 6 games in less than 2 months and liked them all. Not to mention VC titles. About big multiformat titles, like you mentioned, forget it, Wii is never going to get them because of the gap in hardware.

Eledees, Sonic, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Strikers, BWii.

Theres more games due out before August than I could possibly afford.

heh, good point.

Didnt think BWii or Metroid were confirmed for Q1 or 2?

TBH even with all those the only titles the only ones i would actually miss not being able to play are Metroid, BWii and possibly Eledees. I'd have bought Zelda on the Cube.

The problem with the Wii is the age-old Nintendo curse. 3rd parties wont commit to porting decent multi-platform games, leaving a massive void between Nintendo titles and exclusive 3rd party releases. This void tends to get filled by whatever dross turns up on the system; it happened with the N64 and Cube, its happening with Wii.

I don't want to do that any more.

About big multiformat titles, like you mentioned, forget it, Wii is never going to get them because of the gap in hardware.

It strikes me that this is Nintendo's new excuse. They've been missing these games since the N64 days. They spent the whole of the Cube's life cycle trying to get multi format games on the system and failed. With the Wii they don't have to be seen trying because everyone knows 'its the hardware difference that's to blame'

Oh, there's plenty out there, and there's going to be plenty out there. Just not the traditional kinds of blockbusters you list above. The Wii's dirty little secret? It's not aimed at people who want to play those games. Sure, games like Mario, Zelda and Metroid will still be around but you're not likely to find many of those ultra-violent blockbusters you so desperately crave here. It's not the hardware, it's the demograph.

Just look at the unrivaled success of the DS. The three best selling games from last year? Brain Training, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing. Why aim for the one teenaged gamer in the house when you can get his girlfriend, Mum, Dad, little Sister, Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents hooked just as easily?

None of those people will ever play MGS or UT, but leave them alone for five minutes with Wii Sports and watch the magic.

I'm still waiting for answers. If you guys can't even back your own opinions with anything, how you can claim that what I said is wrong? It would be same thing as I would say "all afro-americans* are stupid and dense", and when when someone asked why I believed like this, I would answer "just cause". And remember, when I stated that all launches have been bad, I really meant it. Some have been worse, but all have been bad.

* And no, I don't belive on it, but I used it as a example.

Jesus, stop being a little bitch. I god damn well agree with you. Just horsing around for Christ's sake.

Did i miss some major games out?

Battalion Wars II

Cooking Mama

Driver: Paraller Lines

Eledees

Godfather

Heatseeker

Metal Slug Anthology

Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Metroid Prime 3

PGA Tour 2007

SSX Blur

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Super Mario Strikers Charged

Super Paper Mario

Super Swing Golf

... at least these. Having narrow, FPS-esque tastes in games doesn't really help, and neither does having unrealistic exceptations how first six months will look*. Plus we can except at least either Disaster or Project Hammer appear before summer. This is just because Nintendo has after Excite Truck still left 16 titles, and only 9 months left in the calendar.

* It will take about 1½ years before either Final Fantasy XIII or Metal Gear Solid 4 come out, but still some people are acting like they would come soon. Let's look what Wii has gathered by that time...

Nah, i do't regreat buying mine.

However, i thought it was a good idea to release one Nintendo game a month...but now i'm not sure....It depends on how long the games are...I mean you could literally complete Wario on 12/01/07 but we then have to wait over a month till another game come out...which is Excitetruck. It's perhaps just a little too long?

Still it is Jan/Feb so i'm going to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt.

HOWEVER if we don't Metroid or Super Paper Mario soon, i may scream.

AND they better have alot to give in March, which is a big month for Sony and 360, with alot of games coming out.

Wii Tennis and Zelda have saved the day for me....

mean you could literally complete Wario on 12/01/0.

Shortness has always been problem with WarioWare. I finished MicroGame$ in 1½ hours. :hmm:

Shortness has always been problem with WarioWare. I finished MicroGame$ in 1½ hours. :hmm:

But reaching the final boss has never been the aim of Wario Ware games. I knew this when I got Smooth Moves, and I'm really pleased with it. I'm still playing it nearly every day, too.

But reaching the final boss has never been the aim of Wario Ware games. I knew this when I got Smooth Moves, and I'm really pleased with it. I'm still playing it nearly every day, too.

So true! I can remember when i first got twisted on ds, i was playing that for months! Me and my girlfriend got alot of fun out of it!

So true! I can remember when i first got twisted on ds, i was playing that for months! Me and my girlfriend got alot of fun out of it!

Twisted... Never released out here in Europe, though. There were twists (see what I did there?) about the motion-sensing in it, in a court of law. I think you're referring to the fabolous Touched!, wich sadly enough got bored after two hours - sorry, but you ahd seen it all. However, all my friends seem to enjoy that game every single time again. Great while it lasted.

Twisted... Never released out here in Europe, though.

But he could have imported it?

I see that Video Games Plus are still selling it for £13.

But he could have imported it?

I see that Video Games Plus are still selling it for £13.

I'm combining DS + Wario Ware, wich results (in my half-brain and a copy of 'Windows Calculator' on the nearby computer) into '1009890x', or 'Touched!' in a non-calculator-type-of-person's words. I think i replied saying that he probably meant it because it wasn't releazsed in Europe? Ah well. My Calculator say '1'. Probably 'yes', using Altavista's babbelfish translator.

And, for the record and off topic, this forum is acting strange. '30 seconds between posts'? If you type something like this, you've managed to use the keys for about three minutes...

I find it surprising how many people seem dissatisfied with the Wii, with all the build up surrounding it from all sections of the media i was half expecting it to cure cancer.

It's great fun as far as i'm concerned, TP isn't capturing my imagination like OOT did, but it still is a great game, though not earth shattering:sad:

Teppo's right, launch line-ups are never particularly strong, and it amazes me how every single time Nintendo(or most other companies for that matter) release a console they manage to leave huge gaps between killer aps. I will most likely get a 360 too, mainly due to an undying love for PES and Halo, along with being able to get what i'm sure will be better versions of the multi-format titles than the Wii can deliver. Lauches are such missed oppratunties for several great games which will surely sell. Who here has bought a launch game which under regular circumstances they wouldn't have? I know i have. (Call of Duty 3, it has a mind of it's own at times...)

Also am not here (again that is, i used to write for c-e but have since lost my forum account:sad: ) to attack anyone, but Pit-Jr you seem to be a rather miserable fellow.

I regret buying it. Honestly could've waited. Outside of Zelda there's next to nothing at the moment. It wasn't really worth it to buy it so early. Then again, it never is.

I regret buying it. Honestly could've waited. Outside of Zelda there's next to nothing at the moment. It wasn't really worth it to buy it so early. Then again, it never is.

Yeah. If you feel so, you can easily sell your Wii on Ebay. You probably will get more money back with interest. :)

I know what you mean, as I feel the same. But the console is just ay to pretty and my brother seems to play it a lot. So i'm not kicking it out just yet, but gaming on it is waiting for great things like Metroid prime 3: Corruption or Super Mario Galaxy.

I dont regret buying it, Red steel is an awesome game and Wii sports is fun now and then.

But, lately I find myself playing Cube games on it. I have no online support for my Wii, so therefore I cannot take advantage of the Virtual Console. Maybe thats were my problem is, but when I look at the upcoming release list, I think to myself "Was there any point of buying the Wii this early?".

I'd rather a 360 though, even if I had online support.

No way. I love my Wii to bits. If you don't want it sell it, plenty of people are still waiting in line to get one, my brother being one of them. The system is a sellout globally. In the UK it sells out in minutes of getting restoked so sell it to someone who really wants it. Quit complaining, I'm sure you can get your money back if not make a profit.

No way. I love my Wii to bits. If you don't want it sell it, plenty of people are still waiting in line to get one, my brother being one of them. The system is a sellout globally. In the UK it sells out in minutes of getting restoked so sell it to someone who really wants it. Quit complaining, I'm sure you can get your money back if not make a profit.

I'm sorry to say, but I believe that Sony might just be right. They're always sold-out because there just aren't many units delivered. Our local store gets units in about 10-11 every once in a while (it isn't even certain when they'll get some). There aren't many units around and that's why they keep selling out. In America, Sony is shipping 100k per week and this assures enough in stores to have something remaining on the shelves...

I kinda regret buying it at such an early stage, could have got a 360 instead, a better console at this point in time.

December - Zelda

January - Nowt

February - Excite Truck

March - Mortal Kombat

April - Nowt

May - Nowt

June - Trauma Center

Traume Centre is out in Q1 btw.

Also Eledees is out in April aswell.

They're always sold-out because there just aren't many units delivered. Our local store gets units in about 10-11 every once in a while (it isn't even certain when they'll get some).

Have you considered that there is over 10 000 retail outlets in the UK? If every store gets 5 units* per week, we are talking about 50 000 units. That is quite lot, and only for UK which is below Germany and France in Nintendo's priority list. In Japan, Wii has moved over 80 000 units per week, and region is only second in priority when it comes to shipped units (USA is first on the list).

* On average, naturally. Bigger chains always get more on the expense of small chains and invidual stores.

In America, Sony is shipping 100k per week and this assures enough in stores to have something remaining on the shelves...

Well, it is doing much way worser than PS2, if it can't sold 100 000 units this early in the game. Plus that number is from Karaker, so I would take it with grain of salt, as whole article was basically meant for investors. Probably goes pretty much in same category that "DS is trailing PSP" talk. But we will see, new NPD sales numbers are out next thursday.

Then again, so are Nintendo's talks about their sales. I'm really sure that they're not really giving enough to make the demand, though there is enough. They have the same GameCube hardware in house for years! I'm sure that not everything can be rosetint. Sorry to sound negatif, but hey, my movie is on and this response is a quicky.

Then again, so are Nintendo's talks about their sales. I'm really sure that they're not really giving enough to make the demand, though there is enough. They have the same GameCube hardware in house for years! I'm sure that not everything can be rosetint. Sorry to sound negatif, but hey, my movie is on and this response is a quicky.
But Wii is not a gamecube, the CPU is done by IBM and comes from a diferent production plant, it's not a overclocked gekko, so you can't just "use those", Also; hollywood is not a flipper, and the DVD drive seems to be done from ground for it, from what I heard most slot loading ones don't support mini-dvd slot-loading, I wouldn't be surprised by DVD drive shortages.

Even DS can only be manufactured at a 2,5 (soon to be 2,7) million units a month, and that's a lot.

4 million sold in a month? that's huge for any console standards, not even DS could pull it, remember they first got these IBM chips mass manufactured in July 2006?

That makes it; "almost" 6 months manufacture equaling 670.000 chips a month. (counting December 31st), this launch was build up so it had stock, Zelda was gold for a while, and "almost ready" for the other part, and well... Wii sports was more than ready; both these could ship when they wanted it to, but there wouldn't be enough stock.

Also:

Nintendo has said that they will up the production number of Wii units this April.
Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=12281