NEurope
Charlie

Are you happy with your Wii?

If you had the chance to turn back time to December 8th and not buy the Wii, would you?

I personally feel that there are no good games out for it at the moment apart from Zelda, which you can get on the GameCube anyway, there aren't any quality games coming out in the foreseeable future, there's no online play at all. I think if I had the chance I would take back my Wii for the full-price I paid for it and then buy it again later when some good games are out.

What about you?

I'm glad I got it.

Zelda, Red Steel, Wii Sports and Wario Ware has kept me entertained, and still do. And theres more games I want in the next few months than I can afford (Exite Truck, Sonic, Kororinpa, SSX, Trauma Centre, Mortal Kombat, etc). I don't care much about online, either. If it's there, I'll use it, if not, meh.

If I could take Super Monkey Ball back for full price, I'll get rid of that.

No I'm fully happy with mine, I felt no regrets about buying it. Considering all the hype I built up for myself and the wait I endured, I might have done something rather rash if I didn't get it on launch day.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Of course there'll always stuff to complain about, but it's a nice little machine capable of lots of fun. I wouldn't have missed out on Zelda anyway :smile:

Can't wait for the next batch of good games :smile:, starting with SSX.

I am still enjoying the whole wii experience, I would rather have the wii than the money. As much as I like money... mmm...

But my mate has been trying to get one since launch and has failed over and over again, my advice to him has been to not bother for a few months. There really aren't that many awesome games out right now, I think he'd be better waiting a while to get the best out of it.

Looking back I don't regret buying it, i've enlightened a few people and convinced them to get one themselves though I do agree there is a lack of decent games. If it wasn't for Diddy kong DS i'd probably end up getting one of the mediocre games like Excitetruck, just for something else to play on it. Stupid thing is the next game i'm getting for it is Metal Slug anthology, and it's not because of it's use of the controller more so because it's a bargain at £30.

Yes i would have definately waited until its the same price as GC currently is, since it is a GC.

There is absolutely nothing beyond Wii Bowling that makes the Wii a better gaming experience than the GC was

I'm happy with mine. Gives me the chance to play Gamecube games without looking at something purple.

I probably should have waited. I did with the DS and should have done with this. Hopefully SSX and MK:A will change my mind.

So far the lack of games is ridiculous, and I've not seen anything yet where I go 'wow, this is the future of gaming'. Wii Sports is fun, Zelda I'm still not convinced is actually better with Wii controls.

This will be a very interesting question in a years time.

On the whole , I am more than happy with mine.

So far I only have Madden and WiiSports (Red Steel and Excitetruck to come soon) but despite some issues with Madden (see below) these games and the gameplay experience the Wii-mote offers has made gaming feel fresh again.

Combined with VC , there is very little to dislike about the Wii.

There are a few things that concern me , such as a shortage of must have titles , too many party/mini games , and for games like Madden I find it a bitch to control (on defense anyway , offense is pretty much perfect). All of these things should be rectified over the course of time , if not , then I may end up regretting my purchase.

Yes i would have definately waited until its the same price as GC currently is, since it is a GC.

There is absolutely nothing beyond Wii Bowling that makes the Wii a better gaming experience than the GC was

• Motion controls
  • Downloadable games
  • WiiConnect24 and console to console messages
  • Zelda and a whole host of new third party games
  • Interaction with DS (in Japan at least)
  • Downloadable content for existing games
  • Internet
  • Speaker in the controller

Want me to list some more? :heh:

I'm bored with it now, but hell no would I take it back. I was waiting about 2 years to play on one, and it kept me entertained for a good while, and once a few decent games come out for it, I'll be hooked again.

Yes, but really just for Monkey ball and WiiSports, I could've waited for Zelda. Don't get me wrong I love the game, I just maybe bought into the hype a bit to much.

Oh and I love the internet channel, can't live without it now.

• Motion controls
  • Overpriced Downloadable games
  • WiiConnect24 and console to console messages that are slower than normal mail
  • Zelda and a whole host of last-gen third party games
  • nonexistent Interaction with DS (in Japan at least)
  • Downloadable content for existing games
  • super slow Internet
  • cheap crackly Speaker in the controller

Want me to list some more? :heh:

No thats more than enough

I agree with the motion controls being selling point which is why i gave Wii Bowling a nod

If I had a 360 to compare experiences I can't really say.

Although my Wii hasn't really satisfied me...

I could've waited for Zelda. Don't get me wrong I love the game, I just maybe bought into the hype a bit to much.

I think most people did.

Though i still would kill for a 360. Im very happy with my Wii, next month there are at least 2 games i want, it's fun thinking "i own that new gen console".. sort of anyway. But i have no regrets.

I certainly don't regret getting my Wii - I've had loads of fun with it since getting it on December 8th. Sure, Zelda is just a GC game that's been tinkered with (but still an amazing game), but Wii Sports and Wario Ware have been completely new gaming experiences for me, and they both work much better than I thought they would when the Wii was announced. I even like the speaker, which so many people are complaining about. As long as the volume is turned down low it sounds fine, and it really does add something to the game, especially in Wario Ware (I just love the 'answer the phone' minigame!).

Of course, there are still a lot of things that could be improved, such as getting the online gaming and downloadable demos / add-ons properly up and running, and knowing Nintendo, I'm sure they won't live up to what people are hoping for, but nevertheless, I'm still hugely impressed with the Wii so far. They just need to really get at least one or 2 AAA games out before summer, that have been designed for the Wii from the ground up. Nothing will be released in July or August, and I don't really want to have to wait until nearly a year after the launch before the 'proper' games start coming.

I don't have a Wii, and aside the initial hype, I don't have the need to buy one yet, I played the GC version of Zelda and it was basically the only game I wanted. When games like Metroid and Smash come out I know I won't be able to resist any longer.

I personally feel that there are no good games out for it at the moment apart from Zelda, which you can get on the GameCube anyway, there aren't any quality games coming out in the foreseeable future, there's no online play at all. I think if I had the chance I would take back my Wii for the full-price I paid for it and then buy it again later when some good games are out.

I'd do exactly what you've said here. Would have just bought Zelda on the GCN back in December, and then bought a Wii towards the end of this year when releases like Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy and Metroid come out.

I'm not pissed off that I ended up getting a Wii, just annoyed again that Nintendo fail to keep decent releases coming. Metroid being delayed towards the end of the year has annoyed me though.

This is a great thread for me to read because I'm currently trying to decide whether to get a Wii or 360.

I'm thinking now that there's every cance I'll wait til later in the year to buy a Wii.

The only games I want at the moment are Zelda, Wii Sports and Wario Ware; then after that it will be a LONG wait before Smash Bros, Mario, Metroid, Resi and Batallion Wars etc...

I must admit, I'm not enjoying the lack of games and if the sub-par multiplatforms such as COD3 are anything to expect I can see sales dwindling on the Wii for third party support and ultimately 3rd parties favouring 360 and PS3.

Sure Nintendo's games are good enough for a Wii alone but with them being released few and far between.

Also don't like the fact that game developers are either forcing themselves to use the Wii mote sensing(On some games its better left alone) and the drop outs from developers for not being "True Next Gen" (I think Free Radical stated the next timesplitters would not be seen on Wii...I think)

So really I'm enjoying it at the moment, got enough games to keep me happy but I am worried about its near future.

No regrets whatsoever.

I spend quality time playing either my 360 or Wii. If I feel the need to slaughter some evil men, play some football, race in sweet graphiccs I'll play my 360. If I want some extreme fun, and laughing to myself (Wario Ware) Then I play my Wii.

I'm glad I bought it on the release date. I have two completely different machines which both give me a laugh.

I only see myself buying a select few games for the Wii. Most probably they will be mainly Nintendo ones. Bar some like EA, SSX. But I can expect quality games from Nintendo. If Nintendo hadn't brought out Zelda at the launch. Hadnt brought any games for it at launch. I may have not gotten it till a later date.

i'm happy with it

i have rayman zelda and excite truck (aside from wii sports) and i've already beat rayman and zelda

now i'm working on turning pro in everything in wii sports and getting all the bonuss in rayman

More than happy with it. :D

For the first time, the whole family is playing games together, and everyone is really enjoying themselves. A bout of Wii Sports with friends, family, even your own parents/grandparents, is priceless.

Tonight, I'm taking the Wii over to a friend's place and we're going to have a big Wii party. :D Most of my friends have never played on Wii before, and this is the first time I can show them the console so this should be really interesting.

To me, Wii isn't just a console with added waggle. It's really brought in a whole new social gaming experience.