NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

360 or Wii? tempted for 360...

I really like the looks of some of the 360 games out there. They all sound really engagingand fun, and i have two friends that have them who i can swap games with easily.

There's just a few points that i need to let you know that aid me in my decision.

I need to play Metroid Corruption for wii at some point and i doubt i will buy 2 consoles.

It's unlikely that i will get xbox live

I need somewhere that has a smallish price.

There are different types of 360 arent there? Well i need to know which is best for me. Which type is cheapest but still plays well.

Thanks for your help.

First: If you want to buy a 360 I would wait until the new version is out (should be more quiet...

will that be more expensive?

360 over Wii every single time, I own them both. The 360 is by far the better console at the moment, there are so many good games out for it at the moment, on the Wii you'll struggle to get 2 excellent games.

Yes their is a rumoured new version of 360 out, but it depends how badly you want it, if you can wait about 6-12 months then sound

If you get one now get the £280, no YOU MUST get it the other one is a rip off.

If you don't intend to get Live I wouldn't buy one. Without Live an Xbox360 is just a generic console. With Live its a hybrid of highly addicitive online gaming.

Well the only problem with the Wii is that there are currently not that much games released yet but of course that will change.

Yes their is a rumoured new version of 360 out, but it depends how badly you want it, if you can wait about 6-12 months then sound

If you get one now get the £280, no YOU MUST get it the other one is a rip off.

That is not a rumour. It is fact that there will be a new revision with a new processor (just switched to 65nm otherwise same processr but should produce less heat and therefore easier to cool) and as far as I know it should get released this half-year...

What is a rumour is that this console might get a HDMI-Output too...

And no it probably won't be more expensive. They just changed the CPU (to 65nm) and coolers...

Btw.: I own both consoles. 360 bought January last year and now I bought the Wii (release date)... I am happy with both. They are different and both have their advantages and some nice games (XBox360 currently has more games but got also released over a year)...

PS3: No, I won't buy it (at least not for that price maybe after some price drops), especially it is not much better than the 360; if you ask me it is worse than the 360 (it has less memory and as far as I know the graphic card of the 360 should also be more powerful; the processor of the PS3 should be better though but if you have only half the memory you can't do that much)...

But I think of buying a PS2. Never had one and now - or at least after PS3 release in Europe - they are not that expensive anymore and after all it has some great games I am interested in (but I had the PS2 controller - is there a possibility to use a wired XBox360 controller?).

Its a difficult question to answer from my own perspective as the two consoles have different selling points.

I wouldnt be without either, but seriously feel that both machines are lacking in the releases dept atm to make any solid decision (The 360 is dissapointing being it as been on the shelves above 12 months now).

If you buy the 360, as everyone has echoed above, Premium pack is the only one worth its salt as the core pack is very crippled until you get the HDD anyway.

Xbox 360 with Live is so much better than Wii. You either get Zelda on Wii and wait for the next good game which unbelievably is an EA game right now (SSX), or you pick up a 360, grab Halo and Halo 2, and pick up a large selection of excellent games, go on Live and join a community of gamers.

Your choice.

Depends what kind of experience you're after, i'll state the obvious:

Graphics and kick-ass online play: 360

Innovative and fun gameplay: Wii.

They both have their shar of good games, i think at this point in time you personally would ahve more fun with a 360, as i know what you thought of the DS.

I had this problem last week and ended up with a Wii. I regret it now :(

1. More games on 360 and they're available cheaply

2. 360 is online

3. There is hardly any price difference between the 2 consoles. Wii bundles are around £240 with 2 games, 360 Premium bundles can be had for around £280 with 2 games

4. Once you look at multiplayer the Wii becomes very expensive, for a full 4 player set-up it costs £195 over and above the price of the console

5. Xbox 360 plays DVDs and other media

6. With the add-on Xbox 360 is the cheapest HD-DVD player around

Im now thinking about selling my Wii, will buy a new one next year

Online play or no, right now the 360 has tons of quality software, enough to last you at least a year based on its back catalogue alone. The difference between these two consoles - the significant difference - is that one is a conventional console and the other is new and different, with all pros and cons that come with that.

The Wii has enough fun games at the moment to last you until the next couple of fun games come out, but even then the quality of the software right now and the ones coming in a while won't stand a chance against things like Gears of War and Dead Rising from a *quality* perspective alone. Again though, they're new and different and feel fresh despite their relative mediocreness in some areas - and that's actually enough for some people to PREFER them. (me included)

SO

At the end of the day it's up to your own preference here. Are you sort of semi fed up with conventional games that you've been playing over the last fiveish years - enough to not really be bothered by the same games again with added definition and snazzyness on top? Then the 360 isn't for you. Do you want polished to perfection versions of games that are super predictable to a gamer that's been around for a while? Then you should go for it.

Nintendo were exactly right when they said the Wii is about something new for disillusioned older gamers, and if you fit that description then no drought of software will stop you from enjoying what's there, much more than playing essentially the same games again.

I'm facing tne same dilemma right now!

I'm a HUGE Nintendo fan, but at the moment there just aren't many games on Wii that I would get!

The only games would be Zelda and Wario Ware (and possibly Rayman), then there isn't much for a long time apart from Sonic (and possibly SSX and Eledees, but I'm not too fussed with these)!

Then looking into the future there still aren't that many confirmed games I can think of; Though they would all be must buys for me!!

Smash Bros (ages away)

Mario (ages away)

Metroid (ages away?)

Residen Evil (ages away and no news!)

Batallion Wars.

That's about it I think!

I'm really tempted to get a 360 and then a Wii in maybe 6 (or so) months time; though this news to me of the 'new' 360 has really caused a problem!

For the 360 there are alot of current games that I'd look at getting;

PGR3, GOW, Splinter Cell, GRAW, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Lost Planet, Tony Hawks, Kameo, Viva Pinata (maybe), and Halo 1 and 2.

Then there are alot of future games;

Halo 3, GRAW 2, Banjo Kazooie, Resi 5, Too Human, PGR4, Burnout 5, Turok, BIA: Hell's Highway, Virtua Tennis, Alan Wake, Stranglehold, Assassins Creed, HL2: Orange Box, Star Wars: Next Gen, Mass Effect, and probably more aswell!

What to do!! Wii or 360?

Will the revised 360 really be worth the wait?

and what Wii games are gonna be out in the next 6 months?

I don't know if you like RPGs or not but if there is Enchanted Arms already out for XBox360 and Blue Dragon should come out this year in Europe too...

Well: If you think of buying both why don't buy both?

But of course the question is if you shouldn't wait for new XBox360 revision for buying the first of the two consoles...

For Wii will come out Excite Truck next month... And Mortal Combat should also be out soon as far as I know...

The point is just: If you buy a new console WOULD you really buy over 2-3 games at the beginning?

King Boo has the problem that if I understand him right that he will only buy one console at all this console generation and therefore he is looking forward for certain Wii games and wants that "at all price" he necessarily would need to get a Wii...

There's a hundred games coming out for the 360 that look like they're worth owning, not to mention all the fantastic games that are currently out. As the Wii enters a dry patch (and considering theres about 4 games coming out for it this year, it doesn't look like the lack of games problem will be getting fixed any time soon) the 360 is looking better than it ever has.

It's without a doubt the best machine i've ever owned.

Well: If you think of buying both why don't buy both?

But of course the question is if you shouldn't wait for new XBox360 revision for buying the first of the two consoles...

The point is just: If you buy a new console WOULD you really buy over 2-3 games at the beginning?

I'm not sure I would definately buy both, but then I can't see myself EVER wanting to miss out on Zelda:TP, Zelda Wii and Mario! yet the 360 has so much more to offer at the moment!

Your right in that I wouldn't buy any more than probably 2 games with Wii, so the current games drought wouldn't be a problem for a while;

but then once Zelda is completed I think the games drought will still be going for a long while yet! I can't see myself buying much else (other than maybe Sonic! I don't think Excitetruck will last long) until one of Nintendo's First Party games gets a release and who knows when that will be!

Does anyone have any news on the revised 360? Is it really worth the wait?

Also, there's every chance a 360 wouldn't last 12 months anyway and I could get a revised 360 as a replacement!

Mine is still working and it is now about a year old....

Who knows there might be some other games coming out too...

I am interested in Mortal Combat, Excite Truck and Sonic...

I would also be interested in Prince of Persia if I wouldn't already own The Two Thrones for PC...

But probably it is better to currently by a 360 if you look at the avaiblable games... I believe that the next Nintendo-Games (I mean games by Nintendo itself) will get released for the Wii before summer if not even autumn or winter...

I still can't believe Reggie answered the games drought question with 'We've got Mario, Metroid, and Smash Bros.'. As if that's enough...

I'm not sure I would definately buy both, but then I can't see myself EVER wanting to miss out on Zelda:TP, Zelda Wii and Mario! yet the 360 has so much more to offer at the moment!

Your right in that I wouldn't buy any more than probably 2 games with Wii, so the current games drought wouldn't be a problem for a while;

but then once Zelda is completed I think the games drought will still be going for a long while yet! I can't see myself buying much else (other than maybe Sonic! I don't think Excitetruck will last long) until one of Nintendo's First Party games gets a release and who knows when that will be!

Does anyone have any news on the revised 360? Is it really worth the wait?

Also, there's every chance a 360 wouldn't last 12 months anyway and I could get a revised 360 as a replacement!

The updated one will simply be running cooler and might have a HDMI port. So not really worth the wait imo. It's not exactly a DS Lite step up in redesign.

Hmmm..

I love my 360 i really do, but i'd pick my Wii over it.

Its hard to compare, one has been out a year and has established itself... the others just getting started.

Also, at the end of the day, the VC is going to be... billions times better than XBLA.

Hmmm..

I love my 360 i really do, but i'd pick my Wii over it.

Its hard to compare, one has been out a year and has established itself... the others just getting started.

Also, at the end of the day, the VC is going to be... billions times better than XBLA.

Very true what you say about the VC, I keep forgetting about that when I think of the games for Wii, when is the UK VC likely to fully establish itself? by getting games such as Zelda: LTTP, Mario Kart 64 and the Donkey Kong Country series etc... because at the moment the UK VC is pretty limited!

It is difficult to compare the Wii and 360 because of how long they've both been out, but other than Zelda, the 'Must Have' titles for Wii seem such a LONG way away and we here such little news/confirmation for them!

At this moment in time? The 360 is the better right now. Better online service and alot more better games. Ask again 12 months down the line? Who knows?

Sign in to follow this