NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Atomic Boo

360 or Wii? tempted for 360...

I was thinking a Killer App comparison:

360: Wii:

Halo 3? Mario Galaxy maybe?

Hmmm..

I love my 360 i really do, but i'd pick my Wii over it.

Its hard to compare, one has been out a year and has established itself... the others just getting started.

Also, at the end of the day, the VC is going to be... billions times better than XBLA.

Well, I don't think billions times better is right. XBLA has games in HD, games with online modes, and essentially new games out on it. The games on VC will all have been seen before.

Most XBLA games are fairly crap, but I will play more of Worms and Geometry Wars than anything on VC.

I think there will be more, better games on VC, but then you have to remember the price of paying for games you've played before with no extras.

I was thinking a Killer App comparison:

360: Wii:

Halo 3? Mario Galaxy maybe?

Halo 3 will for me be the far better game (although you can't really compare them), I know I'll play Halo 3 at least 10x more than I play Mario Galaxy.

Halo 3 will for me be the far better game (although you can't really compare them), I know I'll play Halo 3 at least 10x more than I play Mario Galaxy.

Same, but I will probably appreciate Mario Galaxy a whole lot more!:heh:

Same here, but to be fair Halo 3 will be online.

My opinion? If you aren't in hurry, just wait. X360 will have price drop sooner or later and 65 nm will be good improvement over old one. With Wii, pretty much same thing. Just wait library to grow and prices go lower. And of course, there is possibility of purchasing PS2 or Xbox to fill gap. Both have many great titles for dirt cheap prices.

I'd rather have a new Mario game than a Halo 3. Thats honest.

Halo 2 has god damn medicore in terms of an FPS and really really didn't deserve all the praise it got.

I think a lot of its praise was psychological waste from not praising Halo 1 enough. EG's 9/10 sure as hell was a "forgive us for the insane 8/10 on the first game!"

Exactly.

Halo 1 had an amazing and quite epic single player campaign.

Halo 2's as admitted by Bungie was rushed, boring, same room shooting level after level.

Halo 3 better fucking make up for Halo 2.

I thought Halo 2's campaign was better than the screaming fans did to be honest. To me the game was never about master chief, so the fact that it ended with The Arbiter's conclusion to the covenant arc wasn't really a problem at all.

I just missed the awe. Awe was what made Halo 1 special beyond its fantastic gameplay, and the gameplay is fantastic-er in Halo 2 in many ways, it just lacks the awe.

Bring back the awe in Halo 3 and it's another hit. Gears was never inspiring on that level anyway, so beating that in the awe department won't be difficult.

Halo 2 was an amazing multiplayer game that happened to come with a free single player/co-op game.

Jord's just mad because he's not that great.

I'd get both. But in terms of great games at the moment, the Wii's best game can be bought on the GameCube, so shoot for 360 points.

I never particularly liked it, honest. Its just way too floaty, pointless and incredibly unbalanced compared to most FPS i play.

Halo 2 was an amazing multiplayer game that happened to come with a free single player/co-op game.

I'm just worried this notion will in itself destroy the possibility of a Halo 1 quality third game.

I wish they'd just separate them, because if they try to be best at both something will suffer. Multiplayer balanced single player weapons craps all over the arsenal progression that makes a cool solo campaign, and the fact that everything has to "work" in multiplayer means that their hands are completely tied for solo and ensures that no wacky surprises will happen.

Dual wield was great for the solo campaign in 2 and people got EACHOTHER'S panties in a bunch over its awfulness in multiplayer. I smell trouble if Bungie "learned from their mistake".

God this is off topic, sorry. :)

I never particularly liked it, honest. Its just way too floaty, pointless and incredibly unbalanced compared to most FPS i play.

If you'd told us this 2 years ago we might've believed you. :heh:

I always thought it was really balanced, you can put up a good fight with any weapon against any other weapon if you have grenades available.

If you'd told us this 2 years ago we might've believed you.

I did, its more you just thought i was moaning...

I just wish we could have a factioned multiplayer.

No Spartans and no Elites.

Humans soliders versus Covernant forces of some sort.

laser sword :heh:

I love that weapon so much, especially on cramped maps. Dont own an Xbox but i could still beat all of my 'amazing' mates who 'did' beat the single player mode on the hardest setting using that weapon.

Last time we played it was 3 on me and i won 20 kills to 4 deaths :laughing:

They better bring that back for Halo 3, maybe a little more balanced though

I was just reading through the thread and its just so tough! For me there are 10 really good games that will be released for wii, but then again 360 has already been out for a year and theres 20 games that look really cool.

As for Live, i will not be able to use it (how much it is again?) and everyone says that they're useless without it.

Wii has got mario and metroid which i have cravings for, and then theres all of the cool mystery titles you get which surprise you because they come out of the blue. Im definetly not a handheld person, but it seems with consoles (for me) you get much better value. the DS shelf is the same as it was at launch practically, but the gamecube was pretty good i thought.

In the short term, wii is cheaper than the 360, but when you add up the controller costs, virtual console etc it just adds up.

Im just at a total loss right now.

laser sword :heh:

I love that weapon so much, especially on cramped maps. Dont own an Xbox but i could still beat all of my 'amazing' mates who 'did' beat the single player mode on the hardest setting using that weapon.

Last time we played it was 3 on me and i won 20 kills to 4 deaths :laughing:

They better bring that back for Halo 3, maybe a little more balanced though

It's confirmed to be in Halo 3, but the sword has 'ammo' like it did in the Campaign on Halo 2 even in multiplayer now.

I was just reading through the thread and its just so tough! For me there are 10 really good games that will be released for wii, but then again 360 has already been out for a year and theres 20 games that look really cool.

As for Live, i will not be able to use it (how much it is again?) and everyone says that they're useless without it.

XBL is £40, the price of a game and it will give you so much replay value on all your games. If I had the choice between a game and XBL, I would get XBL.

Wii has got mario and metroid which i have cravings for, and then theres all of the cool mystery titles you get which surprise you because they come out of the blue. Im definetly not a handheld person, but it seems with consoles (for me) you get much better value. the DS shelf is the same as it was at launch practically, but the gamecube was pretty good i thought.

In the short term, wii is cheaper than the 360, but when you add up the controller costs, virtual console etc it just adds up.

Live is about 20 squid if you shop around cos the old Xbox live packs are still being reduced at some retailers (ie. Comet)...I admit I have not yet even bothered to log mine on to transfer my existing live subscription.

As to the amount of titles worth buying, dunno what to say re: my earlier comment....I hate Halo 1 & 2 PGR3 and the range of software on the shelves seems a little bit uninspiring to me atm. The backwards compatibility table looked crap the last time I checked it, Im still waiting for them to add The Warriors and most of my other Xbox collection and Space Giraffe isnt going to be available until about April on Xbox live market place along with Guitar Hero 2 (The only other game that has inspired me to purchase).

Maybe Im just not as easily pleased these days.

Actually, there isnt as big a price difference as you would think.

Once you shop around for bundles the £100 difference in price soon shrinks down, start looking around the £320+ mark and the Xbox 360 actually becomes cheaper!

Halo2 > Any other FPS on xbox

Get a 360

Get a Wii in a year or something, its cheap plus a lot more AAA games will be out.

Actually, there isnt as big a price difference as you would think.

Once you shop around for bundles the £100 difference in price soon shrinks down, start looking around the £320+ mark and the Xbox 360 actually becomes cheaper!

Actually you are wrong. Xbox 360 games retail for 10 pounds* more than Wii's games, and wireless controllers cost only 5 £ pounds less than wiimote + nunchuk combo. So if you start to buy new games, gap just widens and fast. Of course, I don't know anyone these days who would actively buy their games on full retail price. Doesn't make any sense when stuff comes rather quickly to discount bins.

* 39 vs. 49.

Sign in to follow this