Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Heroes hath returned! *SPOILERS!*

Dan_Dare

Ah but Molly said Parkman saved her from the boogieman. I doubt she was talking about the time he found her in the cupboard, but rather the time he actually chased the guy away in the FBI building. And to Molly, boogieman blatantly = Sylar. Of course that doesn't discount your theory, you could be right - but I get the feeling the 'other guy' is someone for the next series, and that was just Sylar after Molly's ability.

Yeah, I don't really think my theory is true either. As much as I love foreshadowing, nine times out of ten it ends up being coincidence rather than intent.

I hope the second series attracts a bigger budget, as there have been quite a few situations that I felt justified special effects they presumably couldn't fund. I don't want needless showboating, but taking the scene in the lobby from Hiro and Ando's trip to the future as an example, it felt like the show had to cut back from what it wanted to show.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the second series attracts a bigger budget, as there have been quite a few situations that I felt justified special effects they presumably couldn't fund. I don't want needless showboating, but taking the scene in the lobby from Hiro and Ando's trip to the future as an example, it felt like the show had to cut back from what it wanted to show.
Agreed, I had hoped they were saving budget for the finale, but really I didn't get quite what I expected from the 'final battle' either. On the other hand, TV quality CG can often ruin parts of a series, so I'm glad it's not heavily overused or anything :) Heroes has always used its CG fairly subtly and I think that's managed to sidestep it becoming cartoony.

From E! Online Kristin:

What Lies Ahead

Spoiler Alert! I have it on good authority that both Milo Ventimiglia (Peter) and Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) will be back next season. I’m also 99 percent certain Greg Grunberg (Matt) will be back, but not so sure about D.L. (Leonard Roberts). I have a sneaking suspicion Linderman’s blood or heart may heal him, but that could just be my wishful thinking, for I love Leonard so.

Glug! Glug!

The script called for Nathan to drop Peter into the ocean after he exploded, which should explain my “swim” reference in today’s chat. We’ll see next season if that is indeed where P.P. landed.

Spoiler Alert Part Deux!

I’m told next season will begin four months into the future and two of the main characters will be in deep despair—one having completely lost his memory (bring on the Bourne Identity storyline!) and the other having developed a major drinking problem. Told ya Sylar wasn’t this show’s only demon.

Did I Mention Hiro Will Be in 17th-Freaking-Century Japan? That’s just awesome! I’m hearing it could be as many as six episodes that he’ll spend there. Sans Ando.

sunnys1td3.gif

I was fine with the scene in the future not being in it because I thought they were holding back for the finale, obviously we didnt really get it in this episode either.

Of course it does make more sense this way, Peter knows how to use some of his powers but he is still mastering them. If he had full control of everything straight away in Volume 1 then the character might be less interesting and we'd just be waiting for everytime he absorbs a new power.

Guest Stefkov

Don't know if it's come up but

Hiro goes back in time to when the Kensei was still alive. I just thought would it be possible if Hiro's dad was somehow connectd to the Kensei?

Plus the shadow going over Hiro's face, I'm sure I remember that from another episode. I think it's when he teleported back to the top of his works tower. He looks up and saw the eclispe.

Also, rambling, I thought the giant shadow was the dragon...

Don't know if it's come up but

Hiro goes back in time to when the Kensei was still alive. I just thought would it be possible if Hiro's dad was somehow connectd to the Kensei?

Plus the shadow going over Hiro's face, I'm sure I remember that from another episode. I think it's when he teleported back to the top of his works tower. He looks up and saw the eclispe.

Also, rambling, I thought the giant shadow was the dragon...

yeah in Chapter 22 some people made the connection, because of the training thing and weird eyes in the reflection on the sword, also people saying he had a lot of power or something in one of the chapters :S Still we don't know till we know.

Guest Stefkov
yeah in Chapter 22 some people made the connection, because of the training thing and weird eyes in the reflection on the sword, also people saying he had a lot of power or something in one of the chapters :S Still we don't know till we know.

Aye, how else would he know about that symbol an his adventures and what Hiro can do.

He must have been able to do something...

@ Daft: read previous page. some people talked about it.

thats something that has been annoying me since ever, because it's its logo.

TV Guide Interview:

Q: Does the solar eclipse we saw in the pilot have something to do with the characters' discovering that they have special powers?

TK: "In the pilot, the eclipse was really meant mainly to be a single global event that could connect all these characters visually and in time," says Tim Kring. "But that's not to say that we won't discover that it maybe had some other effects, as well. We will, but it will not be explained for a while."

Sylar's "death" was a bit cheap. The ending felt like it dragged too much, and there wasn't a very imaginative use of powers.

Oh, and Kensei is obviously Hiro's father.

Immortality is a superpower or Hiro's father has more powers with it?

A) That was fucking awesome.

B) ....Dante posted this a few weeks ago...have you all just forgotten it, ignoring it or just...didnt see it? Including Dante Lol.

heroes-opener_l.jpg

Cant believe BBC are paying half a million per episode. Seems a bit crazy...but worth it.

Awesome episode! Main thing that annoyed me? Peter's hair. i swear it's a lot longer than it should be.

Looking forward to the generations episode. I hope we get to see more about everyone's parents. I'm guessing the solar eclipses are peak hero-producing times, or something.

I agree that Matt and Nikki have a lot left to give. And remember something else Dante posted before - that the fight scene between sylar and pete in e20 was cut short because they wanted to save it for later... i'm guessing we'll see a better fight in series 2.

And sylar was killed the same way that Isaac drew in the comic, which incidentally sylar now owns! Gotta wonder how different the future will be now... HOW LONG TO WAIT AAAH

A) That was fucking awesome.

B) ....Dante posted this a few weeks ago...have you all just forgotten it, ignoring it or just...didnt see it? Including Dante Lol.

heroes-opener_l.jpg

Cant believe BBC are paying half a million per episode. Seems a bit crazy...but worth it.

That can't be right, Linderman is in it... unless it's Candice

Guest Stefkov

It looks it and why is Linderman still alive?

Plus whos the one under Nathan?

Also anyone notice..next to Linderman..the bit of ground looks to me like an outline...the person Molly was talking about maybe?

No Ando? :(

It looks it and why is Linderman still alive?

Also anyone notice..next to Linderman..the bit of ground looks to me like an outline...the person Molly was talking about maybe?

No Ando? :(

are you on about behind claire?

Sylar is in a god like pose up there, so maybe he becomes a good guy? and thats what old man wheelchair meant when he was talking about peter being compassionate :S

Sylar is in a god like pose up there, so maybe he becomes a good guy? and thats what old man wheelchair meant when he was talking about peter being compassionate :S

lmao nice.

It's Peter... unless I'm mistaken

Guest Stefkov

Yeah behind Claire, I didnt want to typr Claire cos I didn't think it looked like her. I was thinking it was maybe that guy she was with in the Diner in Hiro's future episode. Where she's a brunette, but then thought it wouldn't.

DL's still alive aswell it seems. Anyone notice when Hiro went into the future and it was Sylar morphed at Nathan at that door. He pulled Peter out through the door. I was like awww DL was killed.

I didn't understand that thing with the guy in the wheelchair. How could he see Peter. Was that his power, surely he has/had a power because he knew Peter's mum. I was totally blank on that bit.

Yeah behind Claire, I didnt want to typr Claire cos I didn't think it looked like her. I was thinking it was maybe that guy she was with in the Diner in Hiro's future episode. Where she's a brunette, but then thought it wouldn't.

DL's still alive aswell it seems. Anyone notice when Hiro went into the future and it was Sylar morphed at Nathan at that door. He pulled Peter out through the door. I was like awww DL was killed.

I didn't understand that thing with the guy in the wheelchair. How could he see Peter. Was that his power, surely he has/had a power because he knew Peter's mum. I was totally blank on that bit.

the guy behind claire is nathan. definitely. I'm just wandering how the fuck linderman could survive a fist in his head, literally.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!