N-Europe

Wiimote used to play OOT TP style! (Vid inside)

Dcubed

Now that indeed looks kind of odd. Nice to see, but I wouldn't want to do it. Somehow I think it would ruin my understanding of Ocarina of Time. Nice to see that nerds still exist, though, and that, in their spare time, they work on making old games to Wii-enable them. No offense, but that's simply freaky. That's something only done by people with fangs like beavers and eyes like cats who are afraid of any social contact and eat coockies, crumbling them with their fangs. Or nerds.

Possibly the later.

you mean like in, someone - out of camera-sight, apparantly - is playing the game and another person is holding the Wiimote? I'n not even trying to describe people spending their free time like that. I'de say pathetic, but they'de think of it as a compliment. So I say: Nevermind.

Wow, that's awesome. Cool how the function of the Wiimote really changes with the context of the game. I guess they have a program running to convert the Wiimote operations to buttons of the N64 emulator based on variables in the game.

Is this more accurate than the sensor bar included with the console?

The sensor bar has nothing to do with accuracy. The sensor bar is two infrared lights the Wiimote sees to calculate its position. The Wiimote does all the sensing itself.

It's not a sensor bar really, it's just a beacon for the Wiimote. It has nothing to do with quality as it's just two leds and a power cord.

They probably used the Wii sensor bar for the laptop.

The sensor bar has nothing to do with accuracy. The sensor bar is two infrared lights the Wiimote sees to calculate know its position. The Wiimote does all the sensing itself.

It's not a sensor bar really, it's just a beacon for the Wiimote. It has nothing to do with quality as it's just two leds and a power cord.

They probably used the Wii sensor bar for the laptop.

Explains why my Wii remote was going SPASTIC when I first got the console when I placed some candles near the television.

Ten infrared lights, actually.

But it only needs four. The others are there in case you are not straight in front of your tv (when you're playing with friends, for example). That has being proven with the four-candle testing. Or was it two lights?

http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie

That program + Bluetooth Dongle + Emulator = Any Game with use of Wii Remote

makes me wonder why i bought a Wii and not just a remote, nunchuck, and bluetooth dongle...

...then i remember that the Remote, Nunchuck and a Bluetooth dongle would set me back 1/3rd of what the Wii cost in the first place and the happiness balance is restored :)

I did a diagonal read of the thread but... Didn't anyone notice that the wiimote was off, and that he turns it on in the middle of the video?

It's quite possible that the Remote was just confused - a button press (left d-pad in that video) seemed to turn it on. With no signal from the Wii to tell it what player it is, it probably didn't have any lights on. A button press could activate the LEDs (like how they turn the remote into "search mode").

edit:

Watch the second one, button presses mess around with the LEDs in an odd way there, too.

Isn't it legal if you own an N64 and the game?

technically, you are allowed to own backup's of your possessions (ie the games you own, like with CD, DVD's etc...) but it's a grey area, you are still breaking the law unless you actually rip the ROM yourself for your own back up purposes (otherwise both the distributor/hoster and the downloader are still breaking the law) and even then playing it on an emulator is still abit of a no no, its meant purely for storage that law, altho say if you lost the game, wot use is the ROM?

I remember I did a project on games piracy once way back at college....

the remotes off at the start of vid. looks fake

The Remote doesn't turn on correctly either - Either the Remote is confused by the bluetooth signal, or its a fake remote. (Second vid shows the remote changing from p2 to p1 for seemingly no reason)