N-Europe

Knights of Cydonia

Fierce_LiNk

Its a gift! Seriously I hear all these people saying they liked a song but then it was played too much so they got fed up with it, i have never had this - if I like a song then I like it for good (unless my tastes change over the years)!

I'll quite often just listen to song over and over again, did the same with Welcome To The Black Parade!

I thought I had that gift with Panic! At The Disco, I could listen to their album for hours on end and not get bored of it. I did though, after 2/3 months.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on surely you must get bored of that song.

nope, not at all it's on my compilation so every time I listen to that it gets played!

I have decided to call it a night and as such the Knights of Cydonia marathon shall end at around 5 hours, which is 50 plays, however I may well pick it up again when I return tomorrow.

Now for a bit of The OC to help me go to sleep!

Same thing happened with Infra-Red [Placebo]

I don't think I'd get bored with that or something like The Feast by Enter Shikari or most songs but Welcome to The Black Parade just got really annoying when it was on every channel all the time when everyone started bumming it saying its amazing(which it isn't especially not when compared to anything from I Brought You My Bullets or Three Cheers).

Knights and Citizen only got slightly boring because they are long songs and I'd listened to them repeatedly for a total of over 8 hours.

Oh my god, it plainly sucks. A whole thread dedicated to it?

Heavy Metal or no metal at all

Wimps and Posers:

...Leave the hall!

:heh:

YAAAAY, I was just wondering where you might be. It seems you have a full set of pins to knock down. Go Bard!!

Anyway, I still lovin' it. My Facebook status currently reads: Callum is one of the Knights of Cydonia, but don't tell anyone, he's in hiding from space cowboys. Man, if any of my friends get what I'm talking about I'll be impressed. I hate and curse you all for introducing me to this phenomenal song of the doomed.

I said that ages ago in another Muse thread we had and everyone ignored me. :heh:

(I like Muse more than you like Muse)

Completely of-topic, but does anyone here like Meat Loaf? I've been listening to him loads recently and love the album I have.

Meatloaf is a god.

(I like Muse more than YOU)

Ok chillun, just for the sake of clearing this little petty disagreement up: I LOVE Muse more than the both of you added together and multiplied by infinity...! :heh:

The Meat is quality too, I was listening to his latest album - Bat Outta Hell Vol 3 a while ago, did ya not see it on me lastfm thingy? Also if you like the Meat, you should check out some of Jim Steinmans material.

One other thing, Invincible has been my favourite song of the album since my second or third listen through when I managed to start getting a feel for it.

My Top Three Muse Songs:

1: Citizen Erased

2: Stockholm Syndrome

3: Invincible

You cant argue with that! :yay:

Ok chillun, just for the sake of clearing this little petty disagreement up: I LOVE Muse more than the both of you added together and multiplied by infinity...! :heh:

The Meat is quality too, I was listening to his latest album - Bat Outta Hell Vol 3 a while ago, did ya not see it on me lastfm thingy? Also if you like the Meat, you should check out some of Jim Steinmans material.

One other thing, Invincible has been my favourite song of the album since my second or third listen through when I managed to start getting a feel for it.

My Top Three Muse Songs:

1: Citizen Erased

2: Stockholm Syndrome

3: Invincible

You cant argue with that! :yay:

Yes I can.

Very good call with Space Dementia. I heard that it was gonna be getting a sequel of sorts on Blackholes and Revelations but I cant seem to find it. Its most disappointing that Space Dementia seems to have slipped off their setlist these days.

Im not sure if Id put Newborn so far up, though its vintage Muse.

Muscle Museum and Showbiz are two classics that would probably make up the top five. :smile:

I love KOC - though on BHAR I prefer Supermassive Blackhole and Exo-Politics, both of which no one seems to particularly like. My alltime favorite Muse song is Time is Running Out - dear God I love it so. Now I want to listen to Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black-Holes.

Oooh, top 3 song lists seem to be the rage:

1. Time is Running Out

2. Hysteria

3. Bliss/Supermassive Black-hole

(I hate Invinsible and Citizen Erased, both the worst song on their album)

I love KOC - though on BHAR I prefer Supermassive Blackhole and Exo-Politics, both of which no one seems to particularly like. My alltime favorite Muse song is Time is Running Out - dear God I love it so. Now I want to listen to Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black-Holes.

Oooh, top 3 song lists seem to be the rage:

1. Time is Running Out

2. Hysteria

3. Bliss/Supermassive Black-hole

(I hate Invinsible and Citizen Erased, both the worst song on their album)

When did anyone say they dont like Supermassive or Exo-politics they're both great. Also how the fuck can you hate Citizen Erased?

When did anyone say they dont like Supermassive or Exo-politics they're both great. Also how the fuck can you hate Citizen Erased?

Well, whenever I talk to people about Black-holes they always seem to say it's excellent apart from a few poor songs, which most seem to say are Exo-Politics, Supermassive Blac-hole and Soldiers Poem. That's what I always hear anyway, maybe just my weird friend group.

And Citizen Erased is incredibly dull. It's just so much guitar and so much soloing - both of which I despise. One of the reasons Franz Ferdinand are my favorite band, they have very little soloing and long guitar breaks. Ewww.

Sarka my dear boy, what are you thinking? Well, if you like Franz Ferdinand that explains alot :heh:

You like the cheesy Muse stuff do ya? Well Ill tell you one thing, know how Knights o' Cydonia grew on me after seeing em in November? Well the same thing happened with Exo-Politics. Soldiers Poems really good, and was all the better when they performed it on piano. :hehe:

Citizen Erased though, show it some love and restore some of our confidence in you!