N-Europe

Playing Wii on a Cinema Screen

Mokong

Just found some videos on youtube, first some guys who i'm guessing either work in or own a cinema living a dream and actually using the cinema screen as their TV. god damn i would love to try that.

Second this guy uses the Wii's internet channel to control his smarthome

I work at a cinema and its already been discussed how we could hook up our Wii (we have one for the staff room) to a cinema screen. The only problem would be the sensor bar.. need a home-made one I think, which is far beyond my expertise.

I work at a cinema and its already been discussed how we could hook up our Wii (we have one for the staff room) to a cinema screen. The only problem would be the sensor bar.. need a home-made one I think, which is far beyond my expertise.

If you don't want to make a whole new sensor bar, you could just extend the current one. The cable just has a positive and return wire, so you can easily solder on two cheap multi-core wires in the middle of the original cable.

The cinema one was cool, but I was more impressed with the Smart Home thing.

Doesn't the controller communicate with the Wii using Bluetooth? I mean, look at how far away the players are from the console. It's WAY longer than the maximum 8 feet.

Bluetooth goes 8 feet? There's probably little in the way of it... not sure how it works.

I think its 8 feet from the sensor bar, for pointer functionality.

plus the Wii/sensor bar don't have to be as far away as the screen. I have access to a 10 foot screen, and actually the easiest solution involves popping the Wii/sensor bar about 15 feet in front of the projected image.

will be awesome when we get round to setting everything up :)