Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Classic controller or gamecube controller?

CompSci

CG controller = Perfect for N64 games. Much better than the N64 controller IMO.

You! You! How dare you. The M-controller is a classic! It was one of the best ever, even though the D-Pad never got any use (except in pokémon Stadium). The N64 controller was a beaut. It's still one. Shame the analogue sticks are all worn out and don't really know what you're doing aanymore. Ah well.

i'de prefer thee GC controller, because the Classic controller will make my wallet cry. i can hear him right now, while I'm typing it. He's such a sentimental little chap. I just told him he wouldn't be fed for quite a while. He cried. So, no Classic for mùe, though they look delicous. Oh, and the Classic Controller also needs the Wiimote wich needs batteries. You know, the things that cost a lot and will make my pocket cry the entire time. People find it scary when it cries, so i'll just leave it be.

Guest Stefkov

I've yet to get any games that involve using the CC or the CubeC.

I might pick up a CC and some points in the holiday so i can get some more VC goodness and see what this hassle is about.

Oh my god, the Controls for DK Country on the gamecube pad are dire!

"Lets just put the attack button on the Y, and the Jump button on the B, theyre only a mile apart!"

Seriously though, if you want to run on this game you have to position your hands at a 75 degree angle and sortof "slide" your thumb down the controller alllllllllllll the way to the B Button and back up again to let go.

Classic Controllers in the post.

Table:

NES - Wiimote

SNES - Virtual Console? (Cube SUX with DKC and I think that the SNES shaped Virtual Console controller will suit this MUCH better)

N64 - Cube? (haven't downloaded Mario 64, I already have 64 DS and the original for crying out loud :heh:)

TurboGFX16 - Dunno

Sega Mega Drive - Dunno

So basically you need all the 3 controllers for best VC controlling experience, tricky by the big N eh?

Oh my god, the Controls for DK Country on the gamecube pad are dire!

"Lets just put the attack button on the Y, and the Jump button on the B, theyre only a mile apart!"

Seriously though, if you want to run on this game you have to position your hands at a 75 degree angle and sortof "slide" your thumb down the controller alllllllllllll the way to the B Button and back up again to let go.

Classic Controllers in the post.

Exactly!

I have no idea how they even thought that mapping the SNES Y button to the GC Y button seemed physically logical.

I mean.. look!

[ATTACH]773[/ATTACH]

You have to put your index finger on the Y button and your thumb on the B button!

(try it yourself if you don't have DKC for Wii VC. Its horrible)

Table:

NES - Wiimote

SNES - Virtual Console? (Cube SUX with DKC and I think that the SNES shaped Virtual Console controller will suit this MUCH better)

N64 - Cube? (haven't downloaded Mario 64, I already have 64 DS and the original for crying out loud :heh:)

TurboGFX16 - Dunno

Sega Mega Drive - Dunno

So basically you need all the 3 controllers for best VC controlling experience, tricky by the big N eh?

Exactly!

I have no idea how they even thought that mapping the SNES Y button to the GC Y button seemed physically logical.

I mean.. look!

[ATTACH]773[/ATTACH]

You have to put your index finger on the Y button and your thumb on the B button!

(try it yourself if you don't have DKC for Wii VC. Its horrible)

Preach Brudda, the art of Criminally insane logic needs a good :horse:

You! You! How dare you. The M-controller is a classic! It was one of the best ever, even though the D-Pad never got any use (except in pokémon Stadium). The N64 controller was a beaut. It's still one. Shame the analogue sticks are all worn out and don't really know what you're doing aanymore. Ah well.

i'de prefer thee GC controller, because the Classic controller will make my wallet cry. i can hear him right now, while I'm typing it. He's such a sentimental little chap. I just told him he wouldn't be fed for quite a while. He cried. So, no Classic for mùe, though they look delicous. Oh, and the Classic Controller also needs the Wiimote wich needs batteries. You know, the things that cost a lot and will make my pocket cry the entire time. People find it scary when it cries, so i'll just leave it be.

Thanks, you made me laugh.

I haven't actually tried the CC myself, due to similar wallet issues, but then again I never got DKC, due to similar wallet issues. That is quite unbelievable they'd do that though, what does A and X do on it? I think £15 for a controller what has to run through the wiimote and can only be used for VC titles is too much for me. If they're made it so you could wire it through the gc ports or something, then I wouldn't have minded at all.

alright guys i just got my wavebird (from play for £17.99) and i must admit its awesome for n64 games its a must no doubt about it, however for snes games like DKC it a no no, to award controls any how money well spend, once summer 2k7 approachs i am goner have a resident evil game month where i beat all the resi games in chronological order (story wise) i.e 0,1,2 ,3,code veronica, 4 its goner be awesome and hopefully they will have progressive scan support

Thanks, you made me laugh.

So did my wallet when he found out I defended him. He smiles, actually. And then we went for a drink (out of, the fridge, you know) and made a walk. and we laughed.

Let's stop talking about my living wallet. I'm not Harry Potter. In fact, I'm not British at all and in no way affiliated to the weirdos at the Twycross' rare offices. So no reason to talk about him and make him staring in his own game, like Mr. Pants.