NEurope
system_error

New hints at Revolution graphics?

Let me rephrase then, I stopped caring about graphics once I saw what the supposed next-gen was capable of. There was no "wow" factor, it was just like... "Cool that looks nice, next". I'd be content if it was just the graphics from this gen as long as the gameplay was good.

Very agreed. Graphics have stopped wowing me.

well if res 4 had higher res textures it would probably look next gen anyway and with even better lighting it would look mightly nice:)

Just one thing guys... 4 or 5 times RE4 or metroid prime is not bad in any way, so stop moaning that the revolution wont be any good graphicly

iwata said revolution will make u say WOW why cant we just trust the man!

Yeah, and I'm sure if Rev's graphics were to look worse than 360's we wouldn't say WOW

Sounds to me that Matt Cassamina has chatted with some industry insiders and has drawn his own conclusions. Of course Too Human would be able to run on the Revolution, else it would be underpowered really badly, and that can't happen. As Iwata said 'I don't think Revolution graphics will be inferior in any way.' Sure, it might be weaker, but the gap won't be big.

I am sure we will all be pleasantly supprissed as ninty would say. I am not to concerned as i dough there will be much of a differnce between the top 3.

This is not surprising. Nintendo is more interested in keeping the Revo within a certain pricepoint, than going berserk with specs. I dont think higher specs equals better games.

Games will be just as great or greater on the Revolution, even without monster specs.

Specs will be more like todays best home computers I think.

To be honest it won't be quite as good as the 360 at the same time I don't think you will see much of a difference, the next gen consoles will be able to use higher textures and effects of course but I doubt it'll be such a giant leap.

What we need Nintendo to do first is to get some decent games out that will make use the Rev controllers functions to it's best, the specs are the least important thing right now.

Plus they need to make it affordable, buying a high range computer right now costs tons and so would a console with high specs as they would need to make some kind of profit just for manufacturing a machine of that kind of power, so I wouldn't pay more than £300 for the next gen consoles.

remember, the revolution will be at least 6 months behind the 360, you can do alot in 6 months....

Just one thing guys... 4 or 5 times RE4 or metroid prime is not bad in any way, so stop moaning that the revolution wont be any good graphicly

2 times isn't bad either.

also, when was the cube released? 2001 wasn't it? every 2 years power doubles, basically.

so, 2003 revolution would be double, 2005 it could be four times, 2007 it would be 8 times as good.

at the very very least I expect the graphics to be twice as good, ie even looking in say a monkey ball game not seeing the polygons etc.

but then that relies on enough poly's being used.

unless(until?) gaming expands by a factor of 2/4 this coming generation there's little point in the next next gen.

To be honest it won't be quite as good as the 360 at the same time I don't think you will see much of a difference, the next gen consoles will be able to use higher textures and effects of course but I doubt it'll be such a giant leap.

What we need Nintendo to do first is to get some decent games out that will make use the Rev controllers functions to it's best, the specs are the least important thing right now.

Plus they need to make it affordable, buying a high range computer right now costs tons and so would a console with high specs as they would need to make some kind of profit just for manufacturing a machine of that kind of power, so I wouldn't pay more than £300 for the next gen consoles.

wow £300 squid ther would be no way i pay £300 squid for a console not now not ever these next gen machines may have more power and technolage but thats why phones arnt bricks any more because the hard wear and soft wear is a lot chaper to produce for around the same price so for £300 i would rather buy a pc to spec and have more power especialy if its the sex box

i was lookin to buy :heh:

All this times the graphics makes no sense IMO. How the *beep* do you calculate how many times some graphics are better then the other? Polygon count (but in many cases, that's just wrong) etc... I just can't take a screen and imagine 2 times the better graphics, it makes no sense in my mind.

wow £300 squid ther would be no way i pay £300 squid for a console not now not ever these next gen machines may have more power and technolage but thats why phones arnt bricks any more because the hard wear and soft wear is a lot chaper to produce for around the same price so for £300 i would rather buy a pc to spec and have more power especialy if its the sex box

i was lookin to buy :heh:

What on earth are you on about I was just saying more than £300 is a bit too much for a console, people buy consoles because it's cheaper, affordable and relatively easy to use even if you're not technically aware.

£300+ isn't overly expensive but at most they should be £200 with accessories or £250 with accessories, an extra controller and a game.

PC's are more expensive but you can do alot more of course I like consoles but there is a limit to how much I pay for a PC or for a console.