N-Europe

300: THIS IS SPARTAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

dabookerman

I think it looks faintly naff. Seen too many cheap-Gladiator-esque knockoffs come and go to get overly excited by this one. A Gladiator a-like historical epic with a Frank Miller brand that will appeal to Sin City geeks? The marketing men must have creamed their panties when they concocted that one. In a giant tube of translucent orange goop in an underground laboratory no doubt.

I think it looks faintly naff. Seen too many cheap-Gladiator-esque knockoffs come and go to get overly excited by this one. A Gladiator a-like historical epic with a Frank Miller brand that will appeal to Sin City geeks? The marketing men must have creamed their panties when they concocted that one. In a giant tube of translucent orange goop in an underground laboratory no doubt.

Indeed .

Partly agree with you there. I'm not sold on this just yet. May just wait for the next epic avec more cgi.:hmm:

count me in. is this the gladiator beater?

I doubt it very much. It would have nay of the substinance that Gladiator had (besides its not about the Romans). It wont be anywere near as epic. I imagine it will be pretty entertaining though, and its something im looking forward to.

300 is about one of the most inspiring, and under explored, stories in history. 300 Spartans hoding back the floodgates to the impending Persian invasion. I can understand you might think that the film looks too stylized and that the "marketing men" are just jumping on the Sin City band wagon but that shouldn't deter you from looking for what it is offering and not what others like it have. I've read the comic, and from what I've heard, this is about the brutality of the Spartan nation and its unified commitment to an idea at any cost, non of this sissy-crap-happy endings-nothing-matters-cos-everyone-goes-to-the-afterlife a la Gladiator. (Not taking anything away from Gladiator, cos I think it rocks)

Anyway enough of mmy crappy rant! Read the 'Graphic Novel' before you make any judgment!:p

I doubt it very much. It would have nay of the substinance that Gladiator had (besides its not about the Romans). It wont be anywere near as epic. I imagine it will be pretty entertaining though, and its something im looking forward to.

If 300 is less epic than Gladiator it has already failed as a film. The Story is vastly more epic, you also have to realise the Battle of Thermopylae happened (With variations in the Persian numbers). Gladiator was basically about two men, this is about two Nations, one being a gateway to Europe and the fast track to European expansion.:bouncy:

it is a very cool story. 300 Spartans (plus allies, remember) held of the entire Persian army who basically tried to get through a pass about 3 men wide with a Phalanx of the best soldiers the world has ever seen at the other end. The Spartans only lost because they were betrayed by their allies.

conclusion: Persians are a bit retarded. Spartans are completely fucking hardcore awesome.