NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Blue Dragon

So, this or Bioshock, that's a toughie!

Bioshock i say 2 months later.

BD got 6/10 in EDGE this month. I wont be buying this game now the reviews are out. Too samey, old fashioned, dull looking, the battle system in the demo is VERY slow and painful to use. So for me it's a miss, while i instead go play FF VI on GBA and wait for Eternal Sonata.

So, this or Bioshock, that's a toughie!

I would say Blue Dragon simply because it has alot more charm than Bioshock. Plus you have to buy it continue allowing MS to release jrpgs in europe.

Hope that makes sense.

Didn't plan on buying it since the demo anyway, and the reviews for both Bioshock and this have convinced me.

I'll probably get this. Getting a little bored of shooters anyway and if there no multiplayer in Bioshock then im even less interested...

I would say Blue Dragon simply because it has alot more charm than Bioshock. Plus you have to buy it continue allowing MS to release jrpgs in europe.

Hope that makes sense.

Are you ZeldaFreak or a different Mr X?

Whos ZeldaFreak I'm confused.:confused:

Hope that makes sense.

Bioshock has a mountain of charm in it's art deco stylings that make it unlike any other game i can think of, and it's gorgeous too.

I prefer toriyamas art cel shaded or better-2D!

Its ZF due to his Gamertag description he had on recently, that and everyone was calling him MR X on Rainbow Six the other week :)

Its ZF due to his Gamertag description he had on recently, that and everyone was calling him MR X on Rainbow Six the other week :)

Indeed i was enlightened to this earlier, and i remember seeing him playing gears with people from here. Just i'm not fancying being a tattle tale.

Just picked up OXM this got 9

shame it got such mediocre scores by all the multiformat mags etc. I think people would be wise to wait a couple months for Eternal Sonata.

I don't really care about the reviews that much, I liked the demo more so than Eternal Sonata. Blue Dragon seems to have more depth, a better battle system, seems more epic despite being cliche and it lasts longer.

I want both though but if not I'd get Blue Dragon first.

I don't really care about the reviews that much, I liked the demo more so than Eternal Sonata. Blue Dragon seems to have more depth, a better battle system, seems more epic despite being cliche and it lasts longer.

I want both though but if not I'd get Blue Dragon first.

Just basing it off what people have said who've played the japanese versions. The story is meant to be really shit in blue dragon-which is the thing that made this game effectively dead to me.

I'm on spend 20 hours, waiting for a game to start, for it to have a shit story as well as a slow assed battle system-slow even for turn based imo- and unattractive environments.

you the first person i've heard of who enjoyed the demo. I was really looking forward to it but it disappointed. I said i'd wait for most of the reviews to come out and not base it on moments hours and hours into the game. Now they have come out, it's an easy don't buy decision for me.

Just basing it off what people have said who've played the japanese versions. The story is meant to be really shit in blue dragon-which is the thing that made this game effectively dead to me.

I'm on spend 20 hours, waiting for a game to start, for it to have a shit story as well as a slow assed battle system-slow even for turn based imo- and unattractive environments.

you the first person i've heard of who enjoyed the demo. I was really looking forward to it but it disappointed. I said i'd wait for most of the reviews to come out and not base it on moments hours and hours into the game. Now they have come out, it's an easy don't buy decision for me.

I really enjoyed the demo! As for calling the battle system slow, I found it to be a lot better than other turn based RPG's such as Skies of Arcadia and Final Fantasy III.

Just i'm not fancying being a tattle tale.

Cheers Takeo, I answer your question and then you call me that. Besides its not as if the Mods and Admins dont know, they have known for weeks and if they were going to do anything they probably would have done it already.

Cheers Takeo, I answer your question and then you call me that. Besides its not as if the Mods and Admins dont know, they have known for weeks and if they were going to do anything they probably would have done it already.

lol, i didn't mean anything bad to you about that! i just meant i'm not all that bothered by it. Least not as much as some other people may be who were celebrating as if voldemort had just been defeated after he got banned. And it is against the rules to create two users.

Anywho, I may have to give Blue Dragon demo a third try, can't see much changing though. I find the battles in FF3 enjoyable and pretty fast to play through compared to say a pokemon one.

When is persona 3 out? It looks uber pretty. . .

lol, i didn't mean anything bad to you about that! i just meant i'm not all that bothered by it. Least not as much as some other people may be who were celebrating as if voldemort had just been defeated after he got banned. And it is against the rules to create two users.

Sorry bud, thought you were having a go at me.

Anyway you should try the demo again. Once I figured out the battle system ( thought I could just press A ) I started to enjoy it more and the more I play the demo the more I fall in love with the game.

Sorry bud, thought you were having a go at me.

Anyway you should try the demo again. Once I figured out the battle system ( thought I could just press A ) I started to enjoy it more and the more I play the demo the more I fall in love with the game.

Tell me this little nuance please.

I want to like this game, which is the worst of it, i just can't feel good enough to buy it at £40 yet.

Only 20 days to go. . .

Alot of people know abou tthe way the battle system works its just that I thought it was like an old skool RPG where I could press a button and sit back. You have to charge your attack by holding the button but it you look at the gaugeyou can see it moving past various people. This indicates the strength of your attack but also when you will attack. So say you stop your gauge before the enemy picture at the top you will attack before it but it wont be as strong as if you had waited to attack after it.

Like I said, you probably already knew all of that :)

Alot of people know abou tthe way the battle system works its just that I thought it was like an old skool RPG where I could press a button and sit back. You have to charge your attack by holding the button but it you look at the gaugeyou can see it moving past various people. This indicates the strength of your attack but also when you will attack. So say you stop your gauge before the enemy picture at the top you will attack before it but it wont be as strong as if you had waited to attack after it.

Like I said, you probably already knew all of that :)

I knew you held it down to make it stronger but didnt have a clue that that was the battle order! Cheers! Which of the two areas is better to gain a good opinion of the game in?

I knew you held it down to make it stronger but didnt have a clue that that was the battle order! Cheers! Which of the two areas is better to gain a good opinion of the game in?

Cant remember which level I play on, think its the Ruins. Its where the lass has a bomb on her neck and you enter a massive structure at the start of the demo.

Sign in to follow this