NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Blue Dragon

Does anyone have a press release from microsoft saying its september?

If you guys have one then it show it - otherwise I remain cynical and I'm saying late november

I'm not sure if I'll get this. I probably will, depends if I finish Grandia II by the release date.

Hope it's released September! Looks superb and a really great RPG for beginners as well.

Some interesting new stuff from GameSpot:

GS: You're showing the localized English version for the first time here [at GDC]. Aside from the standard voice acting and text changes, are you making any updates to the game for the American market?

HS: There's no change. There are actually two songs out of the total five that we're modifying, localizing into English. So those two songs in the game are the only things that we're making any changes to.

[in English] And we fixed some bugs. [laughs]

Hees Kyung: We also adjusted the difficulty level around the mechat shooting. That was one of the [pieces of] downloadable content in Japan. But we're actually including that as part of the [North American] game.

GS: Speaking of downloadable content, do you have plans to release more content after the game comes out in the US?

HK: There are plans, and I can speak to that on behalf of Sakaguchi-san. Over the course of five to six months, postlaunch there will be more downloadable content: a set of three [pieces of] downloadable content, the last of which is going to be a dungeon with a lot of randomized patterns. By randomized patterns, I mean each time you enter into the dungeon, you encounter a different environment, a set of new characters, and monsters. So there are eight-plus patterns that have actually been set for the dungeon. So it is a completely new experience, in addition to this great game that we have.

Also, when you go to the start screen, you see [a new difficulty level] "impossible." This is for the gamers who have completed the game, know the game backward and forward, and have their character's levels above 50 points. A lot of other bosses and new items appear in this impossible mode.

GS: Will we see a playable demo on Xbox Live Marketplace?

HS: [in English] Yeah, we are making a playable demo--maybe for June or July.

Thats fricking cool! Are there any trailers on XBL, cos I was snooping around all three, American, English and UK accounts and I couldn't find one?!

God, I'm still really hoping to get back into Grandia II so I can get excited about this.

Not that I have a 360, but I don't know what to think of this game. I'm tired of classical RPGs, yet I loved Dragon Quest 8. Which also has Toryama's artwork.

Haha oh yeah I was going to mention this. Was getting opening the packet of some chinese crispy seaweed earlier and the brand name was 'Blue Dragon' :awesome:

Here's a pic i found online for example hahaha

DSC00401.jpg

You can watch the trailer on XBL if you have a Japanese account.

hoping the singapore version is released may/june. Asian version already out but it is still all in japanese. :(

I've always anted to know this. How long does it take to translate a game? It surely can't take as long as 6 months or whatever. I can kinda understand a game like this taking a fair bit of time but stuff like Pokemon DS, surely that can't take as long as it has?!

Does anyone know if the anime has been subbed yet? And if so do you know where I can get a torrent for it??

I've always anted to know this. How long does it take to translate a game? It surely can't take as long as 6 months or whatever. I can kinda understand a game like this taking a fair bit of time but stuff like Pokemon DS, surely that can't take as long as it has?!

Does anyone know if the anime has been subbed yet? And if so do you know where I can get a torrent for it??

Animal Crossing....was it 4 years?

I'd love to watch the anime to this aswell.

Animal Crossing....was it 4 years?

I'd love to watch the anime to this aswell.

And lets not forget Mother...was it NEVER!? :laughing:

Take with a pinch of salt...

This from gameaxis.com, dont take it as 100% as MS have announced nothing about a date as of yet.

"That's right, this blog header pretty much says it all! Xbox 360 owners in Singapore as well as other westernized countries can soon look forward to playing Sakaguchi's newest RPG masterpiece come May 22nd. We can all take this news as truly official, as one MS exec revealed to me that Blue Dragon have indeed gotten its release date pushed ahead of schedule. So rather than having to wait till August (as previously stated), 360 gamers can finally taste some sweet RPG love at last next month. And here's the sweetener: MS have listened to RPG fans' feedbacks and have stuck to Blue Dragon's native Japanese audio, but with 100% English texts/subtitles! Way to go Microsoft!

But that's not all, as I've also learned that the Americanized (read English translated) version of Square Enix's Wing-Commanderish sleeper-hit, Project Sylpheed, will also be hitting our local shore come June at about the same time as it arrives in the US of A. Fans of car racing should rejoice too, as Forza Motorsport 2 will hit retail some time at the end of May - a date is unconfirmed at this point of writing though. It looks like the Xbox 360 will have a pretty hot summer holiday now, and you've heard it here first at GameAxis."

Great news if its true, now lets hope its region free and if it is its going to be one hell of a summer!

AWE-FUCKING-SOME!!!! I didn't think it would take that long to translate the game. This is an awesome change from the usual 'The game is delayed for another 7 years, though crap!' Microsoft rock!

Please bee region free because another wait for the European translation would suck!

They should put the UK in the same region as America so we don't have to wait for the unnecessary translation!!

Sign in to follow this