NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Blue Dragon

King Poo is in the cave that you start the game in but you have to beat 2 other Giant Poos before he appears.

I thought I'd pop into this thread and garner some impressions on the game and this is the first sentence I see.

I'm in the castle now, and had to pause it at the cut scene when they send the ship out to use that device.

It's realy unbelievable how good the graphics were at that point. The water, the ship, everything looked so polished and amazing.

Haven't played this in a day or two.Time to get cracking again I think.I'm looking for that plant to cure Marumaros village.

Ah! Completely forgot that cave you find at early, tried to battle the King Poo but it was too strong for me.

Two of the Five Legandary Dragons, the one near Kelaso Village totally destroyed me.

Heres a tip...

[spoiler=]I beat the Dragons when I was around level 70+ and I had learnt every move/spell in the game. You really need to have double cast and the highest healing spells to even stand a chance.

Just got the game yesterday, played about 6 hours and stopped when i was on the way to that forest where you have to find the plant to cure the marumaru´s village.

So far it´s a good game, all my opinions of the game based on the demo have gone.

That whole poop thing is kinda disturbing though.... like monster that drop poo on the ground that you can search trough.

I've just got up to the Mechat mini game and the controls are just too floaty.

I'm just used to the firm turning of rainbow 6 and gears. It doesn't feel right.

I think I've screwed up the all Items achievement. I'm on the second disk and I'm sure I havnt got one item that a guide says is on the first disc.

H-o-t if you read this, did you follow a guide for all the items, or did you actually get them by just searching anywhere and everywhere?

I've just got up to the Mechat mini game and the controls are just too floaty.

I'm just used to the firm turning of rainbow 6 and gears. It doesn't feel right.

I think I've screwed up the all Items achievement. I'm on the second disk and I'm sure I havnt got one item that a guide says is on the first disc.

H-o-t if you read this, did you follow a guide for all the items, or did you actually get them by just searching anywhere and everywhere?

As always when I play RPGs I used a guide, for this I bought the official one. I wouldnt care I just threw it out the other day aswell as I will never be going through BD again ( never play through 70+ hour games more than once especially when I do everything in them :) ) There are a few items that have to be stolen of bosses aswell and if you miss them then you miss the achievement.

I guess I'll go through it again with a guide another time then.

Just have to skip all the cutscenes.

King Poo is in the cave that you start the game in but you have to beat 2 other Giant Poos before he appears. Golden Mecha appears in Ancient Factory near end of the game. Both are the hardest battles in the entire game.
Can you get back to that cave later on? (I've just started recently)

Can you get back to that cave later on? (I've just started recently)

Yeah. I think just about everywhere you can access all the time as there are Barriers that you can dispel later on in the game that you couldnt earlier.

So angry at the moment, seems I won't manage to get 1000/1000 on first playthrough.

What happened was that I made a second save file, just before the Moon Laser Mini-game thingie, since I was getting owned at it and just wanted to progress in the story, with the save file I could just come back to it at a later time...

But ofcourse, playing Blue Dragon in the early hours of the morning is not a good idea, managed to save over it -.-

Does anyone know if the addon is gunna be avaiable for download for us in the UK? I know you can still download it if you have a Japanese account, but just can't be doing with the hassle.

Wouldnet mine playing through the game again with the Addon (Able to do New Game Plus, and an added "Hard Mode")

I've just reached the laser field. The graphics when it did the cut scene for the laser looked sublime.

I think I'll be staying there for a while and leveling up. Those flying moles give you 3/4 SP each kill. Fighting 3 sets at once got me 12 SP I think.

Also what's that big scorpion that's round some corner. It looks gold it's not one of those achievement ones is it?

Also what's that big scorpion that's round some corner. It looks gold it's not one of those achievement ones is it?

Nah your safe. If you have levelled up the field barrier to level 50 then you can start boosting for SP as the Laser Field has an endless supply of them mole enemies in a little corner. Just fire up the field barrier and leave your character standing there as the moles pop up and reward you :)

I've read about that somewhere, I've left Jiro with the barrier magic class to get that up to 50 so I can do as you say.

I should have had Negotiate on all the time. I just bought a few spells, they should have been over 13,000 gold, but I got them all for 6000. Awesome.

Plus it helped me with the horse straight after that.

I've read about that somewhere, I've left Jiro with the barrier magic class to get that up to 50 so I can do as you say.

It was probably in this topic, I gave an explainationon how to do it earlier.

i won this game in a eurogamer competition and im glad i did as im enjoying it thoroughly, im also at the bit where i need the plant to cure the sick village people.

I defeated the legendary lightning dragon but then moved on to the blizzard one.

I was kicking his ass up till he started getting 3 moves in a row which destroyed my party even though some of them have 999hp. Very cheap.

I defeated the legendary lightning dragon but then moved on to the blizzard one.

I was kicking his ass up till he started getting 3 moves in a row which destroyed my party even though some of them have 999hp. Very cheap.

Its all about agility when it comes to the secret bosses. Make sure your characters have equipment or items that will boost their speed stat so you get more turns than the bosses. This is very important when fighting King Poo as he gets loads of turns.

Yea Jiro for me is too slow compared ot the rest even with accessories maybe I should level up his assasin class like I did with Kluke.

Shu seems to have naturally high agility luckily and Zola has her assassin class levelled up already.

Holy crap I was just doing some levelling up on some island and I came across a load of Poo snakes. A Platinum one came out from no where with 2 other different ones so I entered a battle with 3 of them, the platinum one ran away but at the end of the battle I got a massive 47 SP!

Holy crap I was just doing some levelling up on some island and I came across a load of Poo snakes. A Platinum one came out from no where with 2 other different ones so I entered a battle with 3 of them, the platinum one ran away but at the end of the battle I got a massive 47 SP!

What you should do is find the island a little way from that and kill the Golden Poo snake over and over again. Make sure you have massive amounts of agility so that you always get first go and have the Poo Bracelet equiped so that you kill it in 1 shot. This nets you great EXP and great cash. The cash sometimes changes, sometimes you get 100 other times you can get 10,000!

I managed to level up from level 57 to 69 last night and beat the crap out of the Blizzard Dragon and also the one in Gul Mountain although that one was pretty tough

Agility, casting Quickus with Kluke and having some hard hitters helped greatly.

Two more side bosses to go..

The downloadable content is now out on marketplace which makes the game harder and also gives you a NEW GAME + option.

02102007037.jpg

02102007038.jpg

SP grinding ftw.

Need to get this completed before Eternal Sonota gets released, but with Halo 3 out, kinda hard to find time to play Blue Dragon xD

Sign in to follow this