Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

New Trailers

Solo

So awesome. At first the lack of the real Payne's voice threw me off, but it looks very faithful to the games. Also, Beau Bridges! Please put the main theme in the movie and Late Goodbye.

Does anyone else think the angel like things seem wrong though? I mean, seriously...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(In case that gets taken down plenty here)

Bloody hell...that actually looks so quality. They might actually do it justice (Although Im not a huge fan, I thoroughly respect and understand the influence of the novel)

Damn.

Most of it does look decent. I just that I burst out laughing every time I see the Batman and Robin lookalikes.

Just watched that Watchmen trailer... just me who thinks it looks nothing like the comic? I've had that graphic novel a long time and love it, but one thing it was never waiting to be, was an action movie with CG nite-owl crafts and rubber suits. Dr Manhattan looks so OTT, the whole point of him is that he's supposed to be simple. Yeah he's blue, but he's also naked because he doesn't want to wear clothes. He's not meant to be glowing like a bunsen burner though. Although his fortress thing looks very accurate.

I always figured the doc would be more...sandy.

Other than that- well you can't really argue with costume updates. It's been 20 years or more, and besides that the cinematography is, like 300, pretty much shot for shot with the book in places. Not really sure where you're coming from.

emphasis on 'in places'

from the trailer:

Doc M's transformation /explosion scene

Doc M in 'Nam, flanked by Huey Choppers

The Comedian being murdered

The riots in Manhattan with Nite Owl and The Comedian

Adrian Veidt vs his Assassin

Ozymandas in front of his tv wall

Rorsarch with his aerosol flamethrower

those shots are all perfect. They're literally the same angles and composition as they used in the novel. There's every reason to assume that's the standard being taken with the rest of the film, too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!