Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

Just because there were a lot of things to do as you make out, it still doesn't mean they were fun.

Fishing was a bore for me although I got a good amount of entertainment of supplying hot water to the Gorons.

Still though, considering a lot of the game was finished last year it feels like a lot more should have been added to Twilight Princess in the past 12 months.

Maybe Aonuma's team have started development already on the next Zelda and Twilight Princess was kept away for a few months until the Wii release.

Well said. If that 'list' is supposed to prove that there's lots of fun things to do in TP, it's hardly convincing.

I'm convinced this past year has been spent on something other than TP and they just delayed the launch because they wanted to release it on Wii.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the second delay (instead of beginning 2007, end 2007) was I would say damn sure because of the Wii...

Btw.: How long do you think will the need for the Wii-Zelda? And what period will it take place (between which games or after which game)?

And what I would also be interested is if the sword attacks will be more like HOW you move the controller e.g. if I move it from left to right that he swings the sword from left to the right and if I move from up down that he swings the sword that way a.s.o.

Also: What I don't understand is why they didn't put the option into it if you are right or left handed.... Would make also sense where you have the sword (and so you would have been able to make Link left-handed again)...

Hopefully they will include this (especially for left-handed people) next Zelda (real Wii-Zelda)...

Probably the second delay (instead of beginning 2007, end 2007) was I would say damn sure because of the Wii...

Btw.: How long do you think will the need for the Wii-Zelda? And what period will it take place (between which games or after which game)?

And what I would also be interested is if the sword attacks will be more like HOW you move the controller e.g. if I move it from left to right that he swings the sword from left to the right and if I move from up down that he swings the sword that way a.s.o.

Also: What I don't understand is why they didn't put the option into it if you are right or left handed.... Would make also sense where you have the sword (and so you would have been able to make Link left-handed again)...

Hopefully they will include this (especially for left-handed people) next Zelda (real Wii-Zelda)...

I would have rather had the game the way it was meant to be, and held the wii-mote in my left hand. They should have at least given you the option. They had a whole year to do it.

To me:

Bob fishing, lure fishing,

Snore.

rollgoal,

Don't even know what that is.

star catching,

A minigame that gets boring after two gos.

parrot fruit thingy,

That was actually very fun

hearding the goats,

In the first 20 minutes of the game? You really consider that a side quest?

sledding,

Again, you really consider that a sidequest?

poes,bugs, bottles,

Same with any Zelda

cave of ordeals,

Pretty fun but been done before in WW.

secret skills

Not really a sidequest but awesome nevertheless.

heart pieces,

Again, same with any Zelda.

I would say about two of those can be considered sidequests.

I would have rather had the game the way it was meant to be, and held the wii-mote in my left hand. They should have at least given you the option. They had a whole year to do it.

Therefore I said the should have at least given an option in the options menu, I would probably have played left-handed too although I am right-handed because of the Zelda-Feeling... I hope the add this option in the next Wii-Zelda...

(and I also would like to have that sword swing style through Wii-Controller movement added)...

Did the cave of ordeals last night, which I found a lot harder than WW's "savage laberynth" but I still managed to get through it.

Going through the cave of ordeals has made me appreciate the enemies in TP. They're well designed, I especially like the ice people and the Stalfos knights. The darknuts are way in the lead though, very cool when they lose their armour and throw away their massive swords.

Therefore I said the should have at least given an option in the options menu, I would probably have played left-handed too although I am right-handed because of the Zelda-Feeling... I hope the add this option in the next Wii-Zelda...

(and I also would like to have that sword swing style through Wii-Controller movement added)...

I play with the wii-mote in my left hand occasionally... it feels wierd after a while of playing the other way. It feels really weighted.

I think they pretty much got it spot on with Majora's Mask. And there's plenty to do in Wind Waker.

i found mm to rushed to do the sidequests though i agree there was alot to do in wind waker

the one thing i don't like about tp is they show us so many areas that we can't get into

like the hyrule mote and that area near eldin feild

has anyone else found the fire and ice mini caves (fire is like dungeon 2 and has a magnet puzzle) (ice is like dungeon 5 and has an ice and box sliding puzzle)

another thing tp lacks is a trading quest

Why didn''t they just mirror the link-model? There's nothing really that makes it harder because he switched hands - all pots can still be smashes and all bosses defeated. I never understood it, and sadly enough, it means that the original Ocarina-copying setup of hyrule is gone...

By the way, majora's Mask was, to mee, the best Zelda ever. It had everything.

Majora's Mask is without a doubt one of my favourite games ever.

However, I still don't think any Zelda game has got the right balance between sidequests and single player. After all, there were only 4 dungeons in Majora's Mask. Granted, there's a lot of time between each one, so that and the sidequests make up for it.

It's very difficult to place my fave Zelda games in order because of this.

Im kinda confused now, just finished collecting the tears for the last light spirit.

you are taken to a cut scene with thigs regarding "dark power".

can someone explaine what the cut scene was about without spoilers?

all i got is that the light spirits were created to seal the power. my question is where did this power come from, why was link/girl possessed and try to kill each other?

Im kinda confused now, just finished collecting the tears for the last light spirit.

you are taken to a cut scene with thigs regarding "dark power".

can someone explaine what the cut scene was about without spoilers?

all i got is that the light spirits were created to seal the power. my question is where did this power come from, why was link/girl possessed and try to kill each other?

It was to show how the desire for power can corrupt even the purest soul into doing terrible things in order to obtain it. The dark power that is spoken of was wielded by ancient Hylian magic users who the gods deemed too dangerous and had sealed in another world which became known as the Twilight. Midnas people are the descendants of those who were sealed away.

Bah, I'm tired of this thread.

Cool, see ya.

Majora's Mask is without a doubt one of my favourite games ever.

However, I still don't think any Zelda game has got the right balance between sidequests and single player. After all, there were only 4 dungeons in Majora's Mask. Granted, there's a lot of time between each one, so that and the sidequests make up for it.

It's very difficult to place my fave Zelda games in order because of this.

I'd say you're right again Fierce, my heart sunk a bit when I found out there were only 4 dungeons in MM, brilliant ones sure, and there was lots to do in between which in effect made it seem as long as OOT but still there was clearly something missing.

And there's plenty to do in Wind Waker.

like collect them damn stupid figurines you mean?! thats a pile of bollox, the only other side quests were collecting belts and butterflies and that very short trade sequence. wasn't even any fishing :cry: so you can't knock TP for side quests since it has the whole bug collecting, poe collecting and fishing which is better than the collecting stuff in WW.

The game soundtrack rip can be found here. :)

anywhere have the files as a single .zip or anything?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!