NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

I think some people misunderstand what makes a Zelda game. A Zelda game is about a lone hero, not the commander of an army.

Yeah, Link's always been a solitary hero, wouldn't feel right to me. Would be kinda hard to command an army when you are speech-impaired. He'd have to cast orders through his manerisms.

Yup, no LOTR style battles please. It's all about Link.

Lord of the Rings is, actually, also all about Frodo's lonely journey - yet there are epic battles involved in it. Epic is the keyword, not commanding. I just want a story wich gives me the feel that the entire world wants to help save itself - and Link is the clue to linking it all together. Really, give me some epic battles - maybe just Link fighting hordes of enemies (there were too few of those battles in Twilight Princess). But I'de love to see some Epicness in this world we call Hyrule. I want to feel the end of the world and the rise of Evil...

I need some help, i'll be vague as to not give any spoilers away. On the last dungeon at the start when you get the item and you have to take it back somehwhere, how do i prevent something else taking it?

Get it stuck behind a wall, or, if you see that you ain't gonna make it, pick up the thing and walk to a corner of the room, wait for the thing to try and grab and then run away. it will buy you time.

Couldn't help but laugh at this :

I cast for something random and, surprisingly, got a bite. I wanted to know if Nintendo had considered incorporating the popular Nintendo Wii player avatars, the Miis, into the console’s launch title, “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.†“The ‘Twilight Princess’ team [has completed] development,†Miyamoto said. “With the popularity of the Miis, they’ve been having fun just fiddling around with Miis in the ‘Twilight Princess’ engine. This is something our development teams do all the time once they get done with a game and start thinking about other ideas. It’s kind of funny because you can see Miis running around in the [’Zelda’] world of Hyrule, but there’s no telling that would ever actually come to fruition. It’s just our team members having fun and taking off some stress after a tough development cycle.â€

Would be so funny to see Miis in Twilight Princess.

Would be so funny to see Miis in Twilight Princess.

Well, It's entirely possible for Nintendo to create Miis in the style of TP characters - Wario Ware shows that different Mii styles are possible.

Damn, I saved in a temple and now I've totally lost what the feck I was doing. I hate when that happens.

Mii's in Zelda? They've just hit the jackpot! Maybe they can make a new RPG with Mii's you created in a world like Zelda's - that would be awesome. And then you can get a party of them and fight other Mii's that populate your system, or make them NPC's! Nintendo, there's a great idea on stake here - beat LittleBigPlanet with you great Mii's!

Awesome, yes.

Long, yes.

Easy, yes.

Epic... meh. Not as epic as OOT I reckon.

Just finished this game with Caris yesterday, not been playing it since it crashed at the last boss in Jan.

I didnt feel Ganon was rushed at all, it was quite hard working out what to do, but it only took three or four hits for him to change forms. They legnthed it with the zelda/beast/horse/sword fighting. I also liked the way they incorporated the 1st special move into the storyline, where link 'finishes' him.

Finally finished the game this morning. 52hrs it took, but there's still loads the game has to offer even after finishing it.

The game was amazing though, and the boss battles stand out to me as the best ever in a Zelda game. Especially loved the

battle against Zant with the environments changing, and with it having to change tactics each time.

Is there going to be a date or some sort of indicator where we don't have to use spoiler tags any more? As I'm pretty sure I must be one of the last around here to finish it, and open discussion about the ending and all that would be great for this thread.

Sorry, Colin, but I've not got the game completed yet. :heh: And I'm positive that I'm not the only one. I reckon it should take me less than 52hours though... well unless I take time out to go heart piece hunting, I really cant see myself getting all the bugs or Poes. But maybe I'll do the fishing...?

Well. Just finished it (it's a bout time too but Uni got in the way and all, set me back 2 months :p).

Well. The scene with the mirror breakage affected me almost as much as Link's Awakening did which - for the record - hit me harder than most films have emotionally. Well, having read up on the theories of tying the series up I hope we get something regarding it, whether it be in game form or an internet release...

Anyways, being highly unobservant I missed many of the subtle touches and hark backs to OoT/MM etc. because I've always - until now - regarded the games as pretty separate. I was thinking though...with Ganon implicitly defeating (but not killing) Midna maybe that implies that the Twili's magic was created or evolved by Ganondorf himself? Eh. Speculation can't hurt :)

Since I got lost in a dungeon I really can't be bothered to play this game. Hopefull yI look at a guide and find where I'm meant to be going cus I do like it I'm just a bit sort of.. meh towards it.

Well you know what? I completed it!! Fantastic game, and a fantastic end sequence. :love:

Nineteen hearts, forty odd Poes, not all the bugs, not all the fish... no Cave of Ordeals... what else is there in it? Well, theres room for improvement anyway. I'll probably go back and do some fishing and the Cave o' Ordeals at some point or another. As for the Poes, how am I meant to know where to look like, I just got the ones I came to. :heh:

did anyone else think the end was anti climactic after the brilliant narrative in the rest of the game?

did anyone else think the end was anti climactic after the brilliant narrative in the rest of the game?

Not really, I almost cried! Zelda's always touched me emotionally and TP rivals Link's Awakening for the most heartwrenching sequence.

I didn't think there was ENOUGH ending (just 1 scene??) - but that scene with Link/Zelda/Midna was fantastic so sorta makes up for it. Very very emotive.

Still there should have been more either before or after that.

Wind Waker and Ocarina had better endings though I think.

I didn't think there was ENOUGH ending (just 1 scene??) - but that scene with Link/Zelda/Midna was fantastic so sorta makes up for it. Very very emotive.

Still there should have been more either before or after that.

Wind Waker and Ocarina had better endings though I think.

Thats pretty much what I mean.

Has anyone got 100% in this game? All hearts, Poe souls, Giant Wallet, Quiver etc etc.