NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

I think the fortune teller is brilliant. Her hut/house/room is very nice visually and the idea of her telling you where heart pieces are is a nice touch.

Haven't caught the loach yet.

I hadn't had my romance fortune told yet, so thanks mate. I haven't caught the fish either, apparently it is really rare

Couldn't agree with you more. I had the idea of doing the final story in two parts. The idea is (if we go with the gametrailers storyline) you have to beat Ganondorf in both realities. After being Link in one of the realities, you somehow travel to the other and beat him there as well. The coolest thing about that would be the idea that evil transcends reality.

This is an idea i've had for a while. You could use the Wiimote to direct troops in battle (birds eye view, RTS style) then fight out the battle yourself.

To be honest, about that child-timeline, didn't Link warn the world for Ganondorf? That means that he was never a treat in that timeline, no? Help me on that one, please.

Good point Jasper.

Apparently the theme inside her little hut is the Spirit Temple theme from Ocarina. After reading all those eastereggs that are floating around I'm surprised so many little touches were put into the game.

Thought it rung a bell. I wished more OOT Ocarina songs made it through though. The Song of Storms?? That has to be a staple tune in every Zelda from now on ;)

Should have spent the time on side quests and explaining certain holes in the story though, not decoring areas of the game with Nintendo nostalgia.

Very true.

To be honest, about that child-timeline, didn't Link warn the world for Ganondorf? That means that he was never a treat in that timeline, no? Help me on that one, please.

I don't understand.

Is there anything to do re: those two guys looking at each other in Castle Town? Is that like a small side quest or something?

Also, I had not idea what to do with the place in Castle Town that wouldn't let me in because of the state of my shoes (I only noticed the kid AFTER I did the Malo Mart donation)... so my question is... what was in that place before Malo Mart once you had shiny shoes?? Please don't tell me another shop?

I don't understand.

As in... when Zelda sent Link back in time... didn't Child Link warn everyone about the danger Ganondorf posed? Hence the bit at the end of the end credits in OOT. And if that were the case, surely Ganon would never be a problem in that (or any really) timeline.

I'll give it a go: at the end of Ocarina of Time life goes on in Hyrule. But Ganondorf doesn't tak over, because in the past timeline Lnk warns the King and Zelda of Ganondorfs Malicious plans, wich cncludes in him never even getting the Triforce. Wich means Ganondorf does't make it anyway, because the past timeline, wich is before Ganndorf grabs his mitts on the Triforce of Power, 'ends' with the door of time closing, even before Ganondorf can get the Triforce. You see? There are no two timelines, because the Triforce was never obtained by Ganondorf in the 'past' timeline.

That makes sense but then it also means that Ganondorf shouldn't be the enemy in ANY Zelda game ever.

Plus Aonuma has gone on record saying there were two Zelda timelines :(

I have apoligised to Motion and would like to apoligise to everyone : I was out of order and am sorry. But lets get on with the thread, and please Jasper try not to change the subject. Did you mean Shino too? Cos he rules. I have caught another reekfish(AGAION)

I've caught the loach. It was very hard and annoying since the stupid basses kept getting the bait instead. But there is an overwhelming satisfaction at seeing the picture in the house.

I don't understand.

What a funny bunch of made up words.

You people know nothing!!!!!! That clawshot game rules!!!!!

As in... when Zelda sent Link back in time... didn't Child Link warn everyone about the danger Ganondorf posed? Hence the bit at the end of the end credits in OOT. And if that were the case, surely Ganon would never be a problem in that (or any really) timeline.

This is my theory. I've posted it before and it contains spoilers so read at your own caution.

After Link and Zelda exposed Ganondorf's plot he was obviously being punished for his evil intentions by the sages in the Mirror Chamber by means of execution. But the Triforce piece he was always destined to obtain one way or another awoke inside of him at the very moment of his impalement through a sheer lust for power. He had then become a genuine threat and was expelled to the Twilight for all eternity, or so they thought.

Well, what happened next we all know about. He spent a while milling about in the Twilight until he found Zant, whom he began to use to engineer his return to Hyrule. There's some stuff about him being weak and using the suffering of the Twili as his nourishment to grow strong again and other Ganonbabble.

Ironically the power that had saved him from death after impalement on a legendary blade failed to do so a second time. So overwhelmed was Ganondorf after his battle with Link that his precious Power of the Gods abandoned him along with his ability to remain alive after such an injury and he fell still, dead.

Zant, who Ganon had resurrected with his Power after Midna killed him, also died at this point. The power sustaining their lives gone. Pretty symbollic ending, really.

---

Hardly concrete, but for me it makes enough sense to be worth posting.

OMI dayz! I have just seen the username Tim-NOE! Can he be Tim from The old NOM? Sorry if its off topic, but I just gotta know.

What a funny bunch of made up words.

You people know nothing!!!!!! That clawshot game rules!!!!!

And you do it again.

And I didn't change the subject, I just saw this reply on the post and told what I thought. If I don't do that immediatly, i forget it anyway. You silly fool.

3rd: Yeah that sounds like a good theory. I suppose he spent a while in the Twilight realm while Majora's Mask (+ other games?) took place with child Link.

OMI dayz! I have just seen the username Tim-NOE! Can he be Tim from The old NOM? Sorry if its off topic, but I just gotta know.

Tim-NOE was the old head of this site.

After Link and Zelda exposed Ganondorf's plot he was obviously being punished for his evil intentions by the sages in the Mirror Chamber by means of execution. But the Triforce piece he was always destined to obtain one way or another awoke inside of him at the very moment of his impalement through a sheer lust for power. He had then become a genuine threat and was expelled to the Twilight for all eternity, or so they thought.
I think your theory stands quite strong as Ganondorf actually managed to get the Triforce in Child Link's time already. Remember that Ganondorf was given access to the Sacred Realm by Link pulling the Master Sword out of the pedestal for the first time - he slipped in right after Link was stored in the Room of the Sages. When Link warps back to Child Link time, he goes back seven years exactly, not to the exact moment Link pulls out the Master Sword. That means the days you have spend adventuring as Adult Link also pass in Child Link time, even though you're not there. Therefore, by the time Adult Link gets warped back at end of the game, Ganondorf has already escaped with the Triforce of Power in Child Link's time.

OK, I think it is Tim. Also, MM is supposedly supposed to be with child Link.

And I am going to ask you this: Who is cooler Majora or Ganon?

I think your theory stands quite strong as Ganondorf actually managed to get the Triforce in Child Link's time already. Remember that Ganondorf was given access to the Sacred Realm by Link pulling the Master Sword out of the pedestal for the first time - he slipped in right after Link was stored in the Room of the Sages. When Link warps back to Child Link time, he goes back seven years exactly, not to the exact moment Link pulls out the Master Sword. That means the days you have spend adventuring as Adult Link also pass in Child Link time, even though you're not there. Therefore, by the time Adult Link gets warped back at end of the game, Ganondorf has already escaped with the Triforce of Power in Child Link's time.

Excellent reasoning. Hadn't thought of that.

Well firstly I highly recommend that people watch the Gametrailers retrospective part 6, which gives their view on the timeline, which i'm quite happy to expect.

Click

The jist is that Ganon eventually returns in both realities, meaning that his rise is inevitable, which has a kind of cool Terminator-esque ring to it.

You need to get the sinking lure to get the loach, check gamefaqs :P

Stop linking to Gametrailers version of timeline because its so wrong.

Okay, you gonna back that up with an argument?

I quite like the gametrailers version, though I'm slowly coming around to the idea that the two oracle games probably should be in the same timeline.

GameTrailers made a good point when it concerns the 3D games and The Minish Cap; I don't think the rest of the stories was fitted convincingly in the timeline. They might not have to do anything with the timeline at all.