NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

General Wii Questions

Thread Suggested By davidredge

My TV slopes at the top and I have no way of placing the Sensor Bar below the TV. Is this going to affect the controls - will the remote think i'm pointing up to the sky?!

I thought this too...I think it comes with a lil double sided sticky thing so you could maybe stick it to the front of the TV or something.

Well you can set it up to tell it if it's below or above the tv, so it won't matter if you do.

It actually comes with a little plastic holder thing that the sensor can slide through, which has sticky tabs on the bottom. So you can put it on the TV at the top and stick it on. Would just be a bit odd playing.

I actually had a question to ask about game saves. Can we just save our progress to the console, or do we NEED an sd card?

whats this about not being able to play your VC games straight from the sd card?

Don't know.

I actually had a question to ask about game saves. Can we just save our progress to the console, or do we NEED an sd card?

My SD card has remained in my PC the whole time, so you don't need oen.

MCJ: do you mean your own virtual console games? You cannot play somebody elses virtual console titles, if i remember right.

yes i think i read something about it on ign wait one sec ill find the part

Limiting the Functionality of the SD Card

Nintendo's Wii console features only 512 megabytes of internal flash RAM, which is a far cry from, say, the 60 gigabyte hard drive on PlayStation 3. But luckily, you can buy external SD cards - up to 2 gigabytes in size, according to official Nintendo documentation - to boost your memory. Unfortunately, Nintendo has put some limitations on how the SD cards can be used with Wii. Although it's possible to store Wii Channels, including Virtual Console games, on the cards, the classics can't actually be played from the SD format. Only Channels stored in Wii System Memory - that 512MBs, in other words -- are accessible by the console. So while you can indeed store your favorite games to SD Card, using the format as a backup for your library, you'll have to copy them back to the Wii System Memory before they'll become accessible in the Channels interface.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/748/748526p1.html

I think each VC game is encrypted in a way, so that you can only play the VC title YOU downloaded on YOUR console. Stops people downloading the games and passing them on, etc.

At least, i think thats it.

Is the Wii as loud as they say it is when playing Zelda/Redsteel? =S

Ash has gone to play Zelda, right now! So, when he comes back, he can answer it for you. :D

Unless Conor comes in here and answers that for you, as he's got Zelda, too.

Or unless an american wii buyer has it and comes in here...

Damn, everyone has the Wii apart from me.

Ash has gone to play Zelda, right now! So, when he comes back, he can answer it for you. :D

Unless Conor comes in here and answers that for you, as he's got Zelda, too.

Or unless an american wii buyer has it and comes in here...

Damn, everyone has the Wii apart from me.

...and me...

Do they say the Wii is loud? I thought Wii was designed to be quiet and affordable? Or is this another "Wow" statement by Iwata?

Is the Wii as loud as they say it is when playing Zelda/Redsteel? =S

do you mean the system itself or the remotes??? if you mean the system then the only way you'll hear it is if you put your ear next to it, if you mean the remotes then they are a bit loud i guess, but you can even adjust the volume for each one so it's not a problem.

do you mean the system itself or the remotes??? if you mean the system then the only way you'll hear it is if you put your ear next to it, if you mean the remotes then they are a bit loud i guess, but you can even adjust the volume for each one so it's not a problem.

They were talking about the Remote's speaker, yes.

How do you adjust the volume? I was up at 1am last night playing Zelda and thought it was a bit loud when it did the classic Zelda 'discovered secret' sound.

Google brought this up for me, i can't say if it's 100% true, because i don't own a Wii.

'There is a volume option for the Wiimote speaker...

Press Home, select the settings option at the bottom and adjust.'

Hope it helps.

There was some confusion about the SD card thing. YES they can be used for gamesaves and you can put VC games on the SD card but if you want to play them you have to put them back on your Wii - that sounds like a pain in the arse but it makes sense as for efficiency, to read the games, it needs to be on something faster, SD cards aren't used for constant data retreival are they?

I have a question - Can game saves be put on the wiimote? And if so what are the limitations of this?

the answers: alright i use an SD card and its true if you want to acess anything besides mp3s in excite truck and photos on the photo channel you need to move it to the wii system memory. now this leaves the question what happens when you fill up the system memory, you buy an sd and transfer your stuff there.

I have a question - Can game saves be put on the wiimote? And if so what are the limitations of this?

Game saves cannot go on your remote the only thing the wii-mote can store is a Mii.