NEurope
taiomi

official rare gamecube game thread!

Probably my rarest would be darkened skye

but lost kingdms I and II aren't that common either.

Got Phantasy star III too ( too bad I haven't got 1&2, they are way better)

Oh and maybe skies of arcadia legends, but not sure about that one

PS does Baten Kaitos count as rare.

have tried to get a hold of Lego Starwars I for the GameCube.. impossible.. at least if I want to buy it in a shop.. ill have to import i think..

I didn't realise twin snakes was rare... I got it a while ago though. I also got doshin the giant, which someone mentioned... OoT master quest with windwaker...

have tried to get a hold of Lego Starwars I for the GameCube.. impossible.. at least if I want to buy it in a shop.. ill have to import i think..

Amazon £24.99

Amazon £24.99

yes yes.. but it will have to be cheaper than that... it's going to cost me with postage and everything.. i don't live in the uk..

yes yes.. but it will have to be cheaper than that... it's going to cost me with postage and everything.. i don't live in the uk..

Ah I see. Thats probably the cheapest you will find it, especially a new copy. On ebay they go for around £50.

yes.. but it's also "only" if I find it cheap.. had hoped to find it cheap for the GameCube (insert laugh track).. but ill just get it for my ps2 or xbox then.. without the possibility to transfer characters.. sucks

Rare titles I have (well I think they're rare because they have a reasonable asking price on ebay)

Fire Emblem

Star Fox Assault

MGS

I think the really rare titles for the 'Cube were Phantasy Star Online, and the second Baiten Kaitos game, oh and Skies of Arcadia.

I just bought some new cube games today cause the look so sweet now when I have component cables :)

And most of them are rare.

NewGames.jpg

And I think I have nearly all the rare cube games now :)

Ikaruga

killer7

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Zelda: Collector's Edition

Paper Mario (I didn't find it the easiest game to come by)

..and soon to be Skies of Arcadia Legends (unless play.com have somehow made a mistake :shakehead)

..if Jungle Beat is rare, add it to this list too :hehe:

I just bought some new cube games today cause the look so sweet now when I have component cables :)

And most of them are rare.

NewGames.jpg

And I think I have nearly all the rare cube games now :)

Can I ask where you got a new Tales of Symphonia from? been looking for a copy for ages....

The two games I'm still looking for are Chibi Robo and Tales of Symphonia. I'm trying to find them for £20 each. 8/

I have 69 Gamecube games... I dont really class any of them rare? what are you classing as rare? by how hard it is to get the game now?

I see some of you have put lego star wars... but I got it not so long ago from play.com...

I have the zelda collection thingy but who doesnt? is it really that rare?

I guess the rarest thing I have is my super mario sunshine as I got it signed by Shigsy.

a lot of people have said lost kingdom 1+2 both of them are on amazon marketplace for less than £10 each.

I have 69 Gamecube games... I dont really class any of them rare? what are you classing as rare? by how hard it is to get the game now?

I see some of you have put lego star wars... but I got it not so long ago from play.com...

I have the zelda collection thingy but who doesnt? is it really that rare?

I guess the rarest thing I have is my super mario sunshine as I got it signed by Shigsy.

To be fair they aint rare as you can get pretty much any game on ebay. The thing is alot of the titles mentioned go for a high price as there were limited printings. Chibi Robo is an excellent example of this. Lego Star Wars ( both of them ) were in the same boat but it seems a few online stores got more stock in so the prices have calmed down a bit. Also titles like Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos tend to cost quite abit aswell.

I'd agree with Ikaragua being rare; there's one in a local gamesshop for £20. I really want it, but that's a lot of money :P it's the only time I've seen it, though.

Luigi's mansion is rare to find under a tenner, which is harsh considering it came out on release and isn't that long a game.

I think the hardest games to find for less than their original price has to be Resident Evil 2 and 3. never seen a copy of either for less than £20.

I think the hardest games to find for less than their original price has to be Resident Evil 2 and 3. never seen a copy of either for less than £20.

They are both always around £16-17 on Gameplay and Play.com

My collection is still growing ;). There's still some "rare" games I'd like to hunt down (and will succeed :P, sealed though). Beyond good & evil ìs one example, and I like to get Killer 7 as well.

In my collection now are Skies of Arcadia & Ikaruga, I got them both through those Amazon shops. A new title I'd like to mention, which I reckon is pretty rare, is Capcom vs SNK.

I must say though, it's much harder to get even the most common titles through conventional means (aka "store") nowadays. Most shops seem to have cleared their inventory of all old titles, and only sell recent titles (the few that are left). Several months ago, I could see plenty player's choice titles like Mario Sunshine (which I also still have to get) and Pikmin, but I don't see them anywhere anymore in stores. At least here in the area (=Rotterdam, Netherlands).

B00008VU71.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgB0007D4MUE.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgphantasy-star.jpg

The rarest game I own is probably Ultimate muscle legends vs new generation (USA), since it was never released here, and sold pretty bad in the states. Awesome game through and the multiplayer mode is probably the 2nd best multiplayer game on the cube (Smash brothers being number 1).

I have Metal gear solid twin snakes but is it really rare? I always see it for sale somewhere.

Other rare games I got are Phantasy star episode 3 C.A.R.D and Donkey Kong Jungle beat (again sold pretty badly here).

Good man I also own Ultimate Muscle. I managed to get it off ebay for like a tenner which was a bargain, I have yet to play it though :heh:

They have a lot of copies of "Ikaruga", "BG&E", "Killer 7" and that "Phantasy Star" card game in my local Gamestation.

Unfortunately they each cost a bang for your buck and I am broken.