NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
conzer16

Apple's iPhone

I think it's a pretty ugly looking thing tbh.

*Omgzzzz on the apple hating bandwagonnnnnn*

I think it's a pretty ugly looking thing tbh.

*Omgzzzz on the apple hating bandwagonnnnnn*

I'm sorry, I think you just confused Sony and Apple here. Apple is top-notch and Sony is not that much top-notch. The iPhone will sell like hotcakes just because when Apple does something, they do it right. Now that's the difference between Apple and it's competitors. Like Windows. Apple does that, only better and more intuitive. Ies in-deed.

At uni in my lecture my teacher was talking about how big a piece of crap this phone is. i agree.

I'm sorry, I think you just confused Sony and Apple here. Apple is top-notch and Sony is not that much top-notch. The iPhone will sell like hotcakes just because when Apple does something, they do it right. Now that's the difference between Apple and it's competitors. Like Windows. Apple does that, only better and more intuitive. Ies in-deed.

I disagree on gadget level.

The Creative Mp3 players (Mentioning just 1 manufacturer) were and still are far superior to iPod in technological terms.

Windows CE mobile platform is plenty intuitive...My last 2 phones have been XDA's and plenty intuitive. Anything iPhone can do an XDA will manage along with an whole lot more.

Regardless, 90% of the population will still perceive it and XDA's as a brick.

At uni in my lecture my teacher was talking about how big a piece of crap this phone is. i agree.

I like it how people can make opinions about how bad a product is before they've even tried it.

I like it how people can make opinions about how bad a product is before they've even tried it.

If you have used a PDA phone, its quite easy to speculate on what the iPhone will be like. You either love em or hate em.

It was more about the nature of convergence and how pointless it is.

Honestly from what ive seen id rather own an mp3 player a phone and a pda as i can get exactly what i want that way.

I want one. Drop dead gorgeous, super intuitive, lovely operating system, huge widescreen display and an ipod all built in.

Perfect.

I really want one of these, but i have a question. If it's on contract, will it be made a bit cheaper like other contract phones (i don't expect it to be free)? Because all that money for the phone and a contract seems too much for me.

I really want one of these, but i have a question. If it's on contract, will it be made a bit cheaper like other contract phones (i don't expect it to be free)? Because all that money for the phone and a contract seems too much for me.

$499 with 2 year contrat ftw. (i think) so not cheap.

lalw.

the price is too high. no one will pick that up its not worth it, especially when you can get phones with card slots you just slip in a card and hey presto...

about 10 ppl in this thread have said they want it. I think this will be well popular/

Course it'll be popular.

1. It's Apple

2. It's an amazing phone, not without flaws of course but it's only the first model.

It was more about the nature of convergence and how pointless it is.

Honestly from what ive seen id rather own an mp3 player a phone and a pda as i can get exactly what i want that way.

Personally,

I want a widescreen video ipod.

I want a cool phone.

This is both plus much more.

Tbh I've gone off this since I first saw it. I'm now put off by the cost, the size, how weird it would look when talking into it, how ridiculously susceptible to damage it must be and how likely you are to get mugged after pulling it out in public.

Tbh I've gone off this since I first saw it. I'm now put off by the cost, the size, how weird it would look when talking into it, how ridiculously susceptible to damage it must be and how likely you are to get mugged after pulling it out in public.

Yea, I've realised I like pressing buttons to type in numbers - you feel that you have pressed them. Also, since my phone broke, I needed a new one...which has a better camera, the music player is better than the iPod's, plus radio, decent video player/mixer, decent phone, no monthly costs, and not expensive at all.

And, the features like the browser...I don't need at all. Like Opera on the Wii, I would use it for a few days, then forget. I can run 3rd Party Applications, too.

For those with an alfabetic challenge, here's my long post short: Apple rocks because they know how put on a rock concert instead of a powerpoint-driven shareholders get-together. Want more on that? Read on...

Yea, I've realised I like pressing buttons to type in numbers - you feel that you have pressed them. Also, since my phone broke, I needed a new one...which has a better camera, the music player is better than the iPod's, plus radio, decent video player/mixer, decent phone, no monthly costs, and not expensive at all.

And, the features like the browser...I don't need at all. Like Opera on the Wii, I would use it for a few days, then forget. I can run 3rd Party Applications, too.

The point is, Apple does things with such flair that you can't really blame them for leading the market with iPods. They produce stylish, modern products and set the bar for others. And some go over it, but sales just don't rack up. Now why's that? Here is why.

Nintendo's succes: a mere guess on untested technology and features causing a 'revolution'. See this pattern? Now copy and paste it on Apple. Yes, that's why Nintendo has a great time with Wii and why Apple has a wonderfull sales record for innovative products. They try things quite differently and are always the first to put emphasis on what the device is capable off for sure. Showing a device that works. It has it's flaws, but it also has it up-points. Apple are a company that has the money to spread the word and tries the revolutions. There may be others trying it too, but mostly, they just lack the funds to get it up there. Big companies always try paths they've walked before. Example? Copy and paste on Sony, please.

So why is the iPhone going to be a succes? Because it's what iPod-users have been craving for for years. Because there have bein intelligently-placed rumors floating here and there. Because they unveiled the product when none expected it. Because we're talking about it right now. And have I mentioned that saying that you own a Samsung GXL-0032 PD+A Alpha isn't as cool as saying 'I own an iPhone'. Now that's where Apple differentiates. I never understood why other companies never gave as simple and easy-to-use names to their porducts. just look at digital cameras names. They're numbered. Now that's not really good, is it?

You wont get mugged for a brick of a phone, lol...To many ppl are all for the tiny phones, they are more desirable. I have never got mugged for using mine and it lights up like a damned xmas tree with a VGA screen.

As to the size, its not a problem....I have had mobiles since they first became popular and the size is roughly the same except thinner.

Damage wise, fear it....your heart will miss a beat every time you see that phone drop.

As I said before, if you desire the features it may be a good purchase.

for me though my mind is made up:

20070130_722c.jpg

3.6" VGA display? You got it. An NVIDIA GoForce 5500 GPU for next-generation mobile graphics? Sure, why not? And how about an Intel XScale PXA270 520MHz CPU, 2GB ROM, 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, USB On-The-Go, a 2.0-megapixel camera, SRS Mobile HD surround sound support, and TV-out support.

Lovely jubbly.:bouncy:

I think its kind of ugly :hmm:

But it's still the prettiest of PDA's around - and that my honest opinion. Not because it's apple, but because it's buttonless and pretty thin. I also love the mobile phone Alex Mahone uses in Prison Break: thin and pretty. Anyone has any idea wich oen that is? I want it, badly.

But it's still the prettiest of PDA's around - and that my honest opinion. Not because it's apple, but because it's buttonless and pretty thin. I also love the mobile phone Alex Mahone uses in Prison Break: thin and pretty. Anyone has any idea wich oen that is? I want it, badly.

Looking at if from angles of the front is nice, but it's rear is ugly.

You wont get mugged for a brick of a phone, lol...To many ppl are all for the tiny phones, they are more desirable.
Eh? People don't mug you to keep the phone, they sell them. $500 or whatever it costs? I think someone's going to steal that.

Heh, that's more powerful than my main family computer up until 2 years ago. :heh:

Lol same here, My original XDA (Running at about 420Mhz) I managed to overclock to around 1Ghz when benchmarked with a few hacks, but i wouldnt have dared run it without an ice pack strapped to its back....

In terms of CPU it isnt any faster than the mobile I am already using, but the GPU gives it an extra edge for watching films on the go and gaming if utilised properly.

As to buttons on a phone, I need them too, it looks like the Flame has a thumb trackball (Like the Blackberry pearl, which is a beautiful phone to look at). If I needed to achieve the iPhone method of menu's, there is already a simple mod kicking about.

Eh? People don't mug you to keep the phone, they sell them. $500 or whatever it costs? I think someone's going to steal that.

As I said it wont be a desirable phone to most ppl due to the size, why would anyone nick what they cant sell ?...Even a second rate smackhead knows that isnt worth the risk.

You are more likely to get your spanking new RAZR nicked....My phone has an off tariff street value of £1300 as I said no-one glances twice...they are more likely to think you have a prehistoric brick, unless you are walking around the street playing it full blast with scooter or some other chav house choon and the display strobing the apple logo and £500 at regular intervals.

Sign in to follow this