Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

No More Heroes

Smiter

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having now watched a bucket load of movies and trailers for this, I have to say I still stand by what I said before that I prefer the lack of blood. The effect that happens when you kill enemies in the EU and JAP versions both looks cool and feels like it fits in much better with the general feel of the game.

Blood isn't everything. A game can still be great and even violent to a degree without it....

Having now watched a bucket load of movies and trailers for this, I have to say I still stand by what I said before that I prefer the lack of blood.

Do you have any links to video/s of the EUR/PAL version?

Blood isn't everything. A game can still be great and even violent to a degree without it....

Killer 7 couldn't work without the blood, it was an integral part of the gameplay.

No, but in Halo/Bioshock you have a reason for killing somebody :\

In No More Heroes, it just doesn't make sense at all :S

Do you have any links to video/s of the EUR/PAL version?

Killer 7 couldn't work without the blood, it was an integral part of the gameplay.

Yeah 1up.com go to 1up Show and look back a few weeks it was on there. they were reviewing the import... I dont think this is the same as Killer 7 as the non blood killing fits in with all the other retro references through No More Heroes.

Ok just watched the import impressions http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16811 and i see the red "monty python amount" of blood has been replaced by a more subtle amount and it's black. I didn't think my want factor for this game could get much higher, but this video made it happen.

Killer 7 was about collecting the blood to use as serum, as well as the odd special move like Kaede's wrist slash to reveal hidden messages.

Guest Jordan

I have to say, i'll miss that blood. It looked totally nuts and hella fun to play from the looks of things.

Ah well, i'll still be buying it.

I would do it!

Also, do you only play games for their story?

How old are you Maase? I sense some inexperience my Mafia Padawan. Also, you are not an Underboss! Change your sig!

Im 13, but it doesn't matter :\

I need a reason for killing guys, even Mario Games have one reason, damnit :\

This is killing, killing, killing, killing, i bet there isn't any cutscene about any story :\

A game without story sucks, period

And ok, i didn't know that makes diference what i am in the signature or not, im now a Consiglieri, geez :S

This is killing, killing, killing, killing, i bet there isn't any cutscene about any story :\

And ok, i didn't know that makes diference what i am in the signature or not, im now a Consiglieri, geez :S

WE ALREADY HAVE A CONSIGLIERI! ;) I'm just kidding. But change it. Seriously.

Now you don't know where I'm coming from!

change it

Aaanyway there are sooo many games without story that are awesome. Not to mention that this does have a story even if it's not as deep as Killer 7's. Games are to be played for fun everything else is just accessory.

I recommend you read the NGamer review that was posted a few days ago.

And the game's story is a guy called Travis buys a lightsabre off eBay and sets off on a mission to become the world's number one assassin by killing the previous best assassin's. In order to have sex with said hot chick in EchoDesiato's sig. :) Reason enough for you? :heh:

I recommend you read the NGamer review that was posted a few days ago.

And the game's story is a guy called Travis buys a lightsabre off eBay and sets off on a mission to become the world's number one assassin by killing the previous best assassin's. In order to have sex with said hot chick in EchoDesiato's sig. :) Reason enough for you? :heh:

exactly, surely that should be the motivation behind killing people not the blood?!!!!

Everyone should read the NGamer review and watch The 1up Show from a few weeks back that will make any doubters see how the awesome effects fit in with the game....Its just another little touch that lends itself well to Travis' position as cool geek.

exactly, surely that should be the motivation behind killing people not the blood?!!!!

Everyone should read the NGamer review and watch The 1up Show from a few weeks back that will make any doubters see how the awesome effects fit in with the game....Its just another little touch that lends itself well to Travis' position as cool geek.

Yep, as said in the NGamer review it's effectively the ultimate homage to videogames and geek culture, which is what I love about it. :)

DUDES AND DUDES

Long story short

http://wii.ign.com/articles/843/843635p1.html

My water just broke do you know what this might mean?

USA rate the game-they see how important the blood is 1+1-2+3= there might be more chance we will get the blood version

I very much doubt that will happen. About time people get over the fact that we are getting a censored version...

I think releasing this before Brawl was a very wise decision.

Jan 22nd 2008 for USA Now.

Very wise indeed.

And nice to see a release date moving forward for a change, although it would be even nicer if it was the European date. :heh:

You definitely importing then Owen?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!