NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

Japanese gamers what in the hell is wrong with you!!!

We showed you the No More Heroes launch event last week, in which executive producer Yasuhiro Wada and Goichi Suda were out in front of a game retailer willing to sign autographs. I thought it was great to see them out there promoting the game, and willing to meet up with the public. Too bad no one cared…

After 20 minutes of being outside the store, not one single person came by and bought the game. All those people walking by, and no one was interested in the game. The situation was so bad that someone from Enterbrain that was covering the event actually went inside, bought a copy, and brought it out for the pair to sign.

Japan, you are really getting on my nerves. I like training games too, but they aren’t the end all/be all of gaming. Where did your heart go?

From GoNintendo

Whats happening to Japan...

Its hardcore market has bombed into nearly nothing.

Yeah maybe I am overreacting a little, but I really liked the OTT style and shock value of the art style in this game. As with Killer7.

Plus I like to throw my toys out of the pram whenever we get an inferior version than NA. This sort of treatment really f**ks me off.

Besides the publishers will probably only listen with there wallet's anyway, so saying I won't buy would be the best way to get noticed. And I don't want to make myself a lier do I?

I agree, i'm not asking or telling anybody else to boycott the game, we need more games like this on Wii, it's just the big brother attitude & unnecessary censorship, people telling me what i can & can't view or play otherwise i will turn into a crazed bloodthirsty serial killer that annoys me & the only way i can put my view across is to not buy an unnecessarily censored product as the power of money outweighs the power of any petition or e-mail ( i have also e-mailed & signed the petition ) in this so called democratic country.

Erm, can somebody please pick my toys up, i seem to have thrown them out of my pram!!

Are Japan getting the same watered down version of the game as Europe ??

I can't believe not one person showed up to that event. What the hell is wrong with Japan? They care for nothing apart from RPGs and Training games. Seriously what hell, all the good games are bombing now.

I agree, i'm not asking or telling anybody else to boycott the game, we need more games like this on Wii, it's just the big brother attitude & unnecessary censorship, people telling me what i can & can't view or play otherwise i will turn into a crazed bloodthirsty serial killer that annoys me & the only way i can put my view across is to not buy an unnecessarily censored product as the power of money outweighs the power of any petition or e-mail ( i have also e-mailed & signed the petition ) in this so called democratic country.

Erm, can somebody please pick my toys up, i seem to have thrown them out of my pram!!

Are Japan getting the same watered down version of the game as Europe ??

You want blood on the game and you're angry because you don't have blood in the game, that makes you a... :indeed:

Japanese gamers what in the hell is wrong with you!!!

From GoNintendo

Not many hardcore gamers in Japan own a Wii, that's it really. When it turned out that what's its name game, Monster Hunter 3 or whatever, was going to be on Wii, the hype for the game plummeted by miles. No one cared about it much anymore.

You want blood on the game and you're angry because you don't have blood in the game, that makes you a... :indeed:

The blood is not the issue, but i've had my rant now, got my toys back in the pram & feel a helluva lot better.

Yea Japan has the same version as us. Body turns to black ash and no blood.

If Japan keeps up like this and hard-core players aren't concerned about the games much, it makes me wonder what support will be like in the future. Will they keep making games of make it cash ins/training games.

Or will developers count on other territories for sales like Europe and the US.

Not many hardcore gamers in Japan own a Wii, that's it really. When it turned out that what's its name game, Monster Hunter 3 or whatever, was going to be on Wii, the hype for the game plummeted by miles. No one cared about it much anymore.

If Capcom ruin that game I will never forgive them.

This is the kind of thing that has had myself and many others worried. With Japan blantantly disregarding traditional games surely many 3rd parties are going to say to hell with it and just release mini game collections. Ok so Im jumping the gun a little but still it is a worring sign.

But then what do the hardcore gamers own?

360 sales are never particularly high. PS3 sales have risen, but were never amazing either. The only 3 systems that sell well are the PS2, Wii and DS.

Surely there's a good hardcore following amongst the Wii owners?

This is so very starnge.... Nintendo always said they need to expand the market since the hardcore market was not sustainable - and judging by mediocre Jap sales of Galaxy, a non-interest in NMH, perhaps they were right.

But then what do the hardcore gamers own?

360 sales are never particularly high. PS3 sales have risen, but were never amazing either. The only 3 systems that sell well are the PS2, Wii and DS.

Surely there's a good hardcore following amongst the Wii owners?

I think most are still happy enough with their PS2's and perhaps DS's. The PSP seems to have been selling quite good recently too and has always done "okay" and I think it's almost entirely going off hardcore sales. It could be there's a largest hardcore userbase that own PSP's in Japan than the DS, or at least close to equal (the big hardcore titles on the PSP tend to sell as much as the big ones on DS, other than really huge Nintendo ones).

Fact of the matter is we're basically not seeing any third party hardcore Wii games enterting the Japanese top 10 charts at all and even the Nintendo ones haven't lasted as long as anyone would expect on such a popular system.

Zelda, Mario, No More Heroes, what's wrong with Japan? If they're not going to give a good game the praise and support it deserves, I don't think they should get everything first. They should wait like Europe and America, who actually appreciate a fine videogame, or not get it at all.

I agree, if Japan boycott games like this then they don't deserve them first. They should get releases for other area shortened or release them here first since it will sell more here than Japan.

What's the point in releasing a game somewhere it barely sells first.

Can I just point out that however disappointing this is, they was outside one shop, on a work day, for 20 minutes!!! That is all. It may not be that bleak, and the did sell ONE copy, in 20 minutes.....thats not bad. If every shop in japan sold one copy every 20 minutes that would be some good sales ;)

Kidding of course, though I'm sure it isn't quite as bleak as it is looking. It will sell poor to average but do very well in US and average over here! It's worrying for the future, but I genuinely believe that hardcore games will havce legs on the Wii - when Wiis are plenty in stock and people can actuallu buy the thing, more gamers will pick the machine up and along with it they will have a nice selction of quality titles to play - No More `Heroes being one of them. Also, games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Monster Hunter, Megaman ( ;) ) etc will get gamers to buy the machine and thus pick up games like No More Heroes. Save this thread for ever - my prediction is that by the end of the Wii No More Heroes will prove to be a decent seller in Japan!

Perhaps Nintendo, Capcom etc..should stop releasing games early in Japan which they don't care about and release them here in Europe where they will sell? Just a thought.

Perhaps Nintendo, Capcom etc..should stop releasing games early in Japan which they don't care about and release them here in Europe where they will sell? Just a thought.

I second this mans way of thinking. To hell with Japan, start treating us Euro peeps with respect!

Exactly, Japan's market is totally weird, give us more attention!

Japan is fucking stupid i swear. Seriously, if this game bombs there i'm gonna be mega pissed. I mean, 3rd parties make an effort with Zack & Wiki and NMH and then BAM, they sell like shit.

They only really care for handhelds tbh.

*GASP* they must have a time machine.

or maybe they saw it coming. You don't live in japan.

maybe this is the decline. the wii and ds just delayed it.