NEurope
Dcubed

Calling all importers, has your Wii arrived yet?

My Twilight Princess just arrived, but I've got no Wii to play it on yet :cry:

What about you?

May I asked why you have imported? The Wii is only 15 days away from release in Europe. Is it an impatient thing or just for the future in that you may get games before the PAL versions are released ?

"or just for the future in that you may get games before the PAL versions are released?" Bingo! (Cheaper games too!)

Plus there's the extra virtual console games that won't come out over here like Chrono Trigger and the fact that you may not neccessarily get a 60hz mode with PAL games.

I may import in the future! I'll see what the release dates are like until about March next year and by that time they will hopefully be readily availible on the shelfs and i can buy one from VGP!

So far i'm only a little annoyed about Excitetruck being a launch title and Europe having to wait till Feb! HOWEVER Nintendo seem to be changing, aren't USA and Europe getting Wario on the same day in Jan for example?

For now though, i think i'm happy with going with PAL. Which makes a damn change, quite frankly.

15 DAYS TO GO! 15 DAYS TO GO! : peace:

I would import if it wasn't for the fact that I'd have to pay a HELL FREAKING LOAD in customs, most likely.

My Twilight Princess just arrived, but I've got no Wii to play it on yet :cry:

Ha, that's harsh!

Cons.

- Friends cant borrow games

- You HAVE to import games from now on, and restricts going into shops

- You cant trade in

- If you randomly see a great sale or discount you cant get it.

I'm giving importing a chance.

I want PAL60 with progressive scan.

I also want reasonable release schedules and a fuller virtual console.

For the internet generation importing isn't such a big deal.. I don't tend to buy a game unless it's worth keeping.. and I rarely see reductions on Nintendo software except fort he bargain Twin Snakes I found for £15 (£25 on eBay)

As far as I'm concerned the Wii is portable enough to take around a mates.. the controllers are unversal.. so multiplayer isn't such a big deal.

Trade in prices are shit, often charging a 60+% commision. eBay has a fair NTSC market for GameCube and imported DS games.

On a related note, is it sure that US controllers are "universal"? I will be buying a German Wii in 2 weeks, and to save some cash I wanted to buy 2 extra controllers/nun-chucks in the USA during my vacation there over christmas.

I imported my cube, I due to the cheap prices in the US despite customs I came out in quite a large profit on if i had bought in the UK. Plus the the cube there were major waits for major first party releases which i got to skip.

I havent imported this time, there seems to be little point as yet, but depending on the game price situation and virtual console situation i may get a NTSC wii a few years down the line (excatly the opposite of what I did with the cube)

I'm planning to get a NTSC Wii when they release another color (they're bound to). Unless that happens very soon, if so I'll have to wait a bit.

I am planning to get a JPN Wii but as price is £213 due to low stock i am gonna wait till it drops. might get a Pal machine in two weeks also though so i have two machines.

Not sure yet as JPN 360 at £160 looks very tempting..

Pro - No scratches on your discs.

[sarcasm]Oh yes, getting games earlier and cheaper is a pain in the butt, and the CodeJunkies crew (or any other crew for that sake) will never create a Wii freeloader, I just know this.[/sarcasm]

- You cant trade in

You can sell the games on eBay though, and buy brand new games for the money instead. And some stores take import games too (at least here in Norway)

- If you randomly see a great sale or discount you cant get it.

Why would you want a discount when the retail price of the US game is about the same as the European discounted price? And most online stores have discounts too.

None of these so called cons will stop me from importing.

But I will make one con I really think is a possible import-stopper for you though:

- Need a stepdown converter to play.

(sorry if any of these replies seemed to nosy or cocky etc.)

Plus there's the extra virtual console games that won't come out over here like Chrono Trigger and the fact that you may not neccessarily get a 60hz mode with PAL games.

*sigh* This fucking bullshit rumour still flies around.... It's nice to see that Revo-Europe didn't take any kind of responsibility for spreading baseless speculation. "You can buy games only from European server" sure did sound like "There will be only PAL-titles".

I believe I've heard it's impossible to create a Freeloader for the Wii. Or something. I dunno why or how, but I heard that at some point.. God I hope that's not true.

Cons.

- You cant trade in

Those are both positives. True about swapping games with friends though.

Those are both positives. True about swapping games with friends though.

I fail to see how not being able to buy games in shops is an advantage.

Importing also means that people can't give you games are presents as they wont work.

I'll buy a ntsc Wii when i get can get one in black <3

Good point actually. By the time i may import one they might be availible in another colour....that would be good!

:grin:

And they're likely to get more/earlier colors than us too. I wouldn't be surprised if I ent up with both an NTSC and a JAP wii.. or just a JAP wii if they release a freeloader ('cause let's face it, they'll have AWESOME COLORS in due time).

Cons.

Sorry to flog the dead-looking horse, but.. thats a bad thing? :P