NEurope
Stocka

My Sims

Those two ideas combined woudl be a scorching game imo.

Mii's playing a fully fledged game, like animal corssing woud be awesome.

It does look pretty decent from those scans.

Animal Crossing diluted the Sims formula. It made it more of a pleasure and less of a chore.

I don't want the Wii version to become more of a chore just because the Wii has the ability to emulate a mop.

Leave that to the Sims.

Using Mii would be a good idea, but this looks cute nontheless. Although I liked the reality of the other sim games, this is a refreshing change. And yes, the ability to use a mop with the Wii will probably generate a series of cleaning games... Fun fun fun.

Part of me thinks this is Animal Crossing.

1. EA develop Animal Crossing in the Maxxis studio in America

2. the Sims is not as popular as Animal Crossing.. why would Japan get an exclusive?

3. I don't see the English words "EA" or "the Sims" anywhere.. not even a "Will Wright" perhaps suggesting this is not the Sims.

Who said this is the Sims Stocka?

To be honest, I think it looks rather like the Harvest Moon series.

If you look closely at the characters in the bottom right corner and compare them to the characters in Magical Melody, they look very similar in the way they are drawn.

Also, if this was Animal Crossing, then the characters would surely be animals instead of humans? And the town picture looks as though it belongs in Harvest moon; simply the graphics and the people wandering around.

Few months ago in Famitsu was that EA has brought a Japanese company and going to make The Sims for the Wii.

Who said this is the Sims Stocka?

Jeux-France, and this is indeed from latest Famitsu. I don't really find this surprising as Japan is only market where EA haven't been very successfull. Notice that coming Sim City DS is also custom tailored for japanese market with anime-esque graphics and asian buildings.

Makes sense, hope you didn't spend too much on this one EA.

I see a floperooney.

Sim City DS however will be pro.

So, this is what the new EA Japan gets up to...

Are they sure it's on the Wii? Looks like a DS game.

Far too high res to be a DS game, EA Japan has made a good move.

I guess they've given a fair bit of creative freedom.

Big problem with the Sims was the shitty user interface.. perhaps some Zen like design principles and the Wiimote in mind might streamline this interface making it easier to tell you Sim to clean up.

I think it looks cool, I see no problem in a mix between Sims and AC to be honest.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6345/1/The_Sims_on_Wii_-_First_Scan!

Quick News - The first scan of Boku to Sim no Machi, the Nintendo Wii-specific version of the popular Sims franchise has appeared. Developed by the Japanese arm of EA (also working on Sim City and a training game for DS), it is due in 2007.

I hope the extremely plain visuals and complete change in graphical style to the other Sims games; Is so you can upload you Mii Characters into the game? At least I hope that's why!

Although you can create characters that look even more like you in the normal Sims games, so I really don't see the advantage!

and surely games in the style of the traditional Sims games on Wii would sell better? As the series has such a fanbase and would attract more people to the Wii than this version!

i think it looks cool... and it's nice to see ea japan are not just following the ubisoft route and porting loads of xbox games....

The change is to appeal to young Japanese girls who like kawaii things instead of the realistic avatars you have in the Western Sims.

I doubt the Mii is compatible.. the characters clearly aren't the same. There's simplifying a style (as they have done) and there's oversimplifying it (as Mii integration would do)

Although you can create characters that look even more like you in the normal Sims games, so I really don't see the advantage!
I do, more realistic means more of a simulation and less of a blob with a face on it.

and surely games in the style of the traditional Sims games on Wii would sell better? As the series has such a fanbase and would attract more people to the Wii than this version!
Under that logic people would buy a GBA just to play the Sims pets on it while they're on the way to work? No. The Sims always has been a PC game solely because it hit the non gamer market.. it's cheaper to buy an update than it is to buy a whole new patched version on a console.

With the Sims 2 doing well and the Sims 3 on the way I can't see this doing that well outside Japan.

I like those scans. The trees can grow then die, is a good feature, dont know why.

It would be really good if they implemented Mii's into this, as that picture under the moving of the roof looks like a more complex Mii plaza thing on the wii already.

I wanted Animal Crossing to be more like thins living with other real people in one household.

Call me weird, but why do you have to move the roof on top of your house?

This looks very much like if Animal Crossing and The Sims had a baby.

On the other hand, could this steal some of Animal Crossings thunder?