NEurope
Stocka

My Sims

This is (/looks to be) a slightly different take on Animal Crossing, making it slightly differently awesome. Duh.

looks really good, hope it isn't overly simplified gameplay wise as it could turn out to be awesome game.

this does look really good, still wonder though if it will makes its way here, or if we will see ports of the normal style sims games. I hate to admit it they would be massive sellers....

It its not online inn one form or anothother I'm not getting ifi does come ou over here. Its not he same appeal as Animal crossing, that has animals this is just other people. If it has online meeting up then i might get it.

More details from Nintendo Power

Wii

- The original town you start in is the same town of your grandparents

- Among others, the town will have a mad scientist, magician, chef, hair dresser, and florist

- townsfolk will ask you to build things for them

- Artistic style was chosen to obtain worldwide appeal. The Sims doesn’t sell that well in Japan.

- Development team was partially inspired by the Sesame Street song “Who Are the People in your neighborhood?â€

- Use Nunchuck for “direct movementâ€, Wiimote to point and move objects

- it is unknown whether you control your character as in Animal Crossing, or you direct your character as in The Sims franchise

So....why don't they just bung this on the DS?

I think they are.

Anyway...shouldn't we change the title to My Sims now?

I have never bothered with the Sims games in the past , but I must admit that this one has me very interested , although how it will compare with any future Animal Crossings remains to be seen.

- Use Nunchuck for “direct movement”, Wiimote to point and move objects

- it is unknown whether you control your character as in Animal Crossing, or you direct your character as in The Sims franchise

Hang on, doesn't the first point there answer the unknown in the second point?

No, the Nunchuk can motion sense and also use the analogue stick. It could be referring to the fact that you use both the stylus and d-pad to move in ACWW.

New Sims info:

Now EA has a few more nuggets of information on the new direction the series is taking. Previously announced with a vague release date of EA's coming fiscal year, MySims is now expected to be available this fall.

EA also confirmed that the game will involve more than just dressing up digital dolls. Players will shape a rundown town into a flourishing community, and help pre-made Sims adjust to life by building new businesses or improving existing ones. Gamers will also be able to design furniture and appliances from a selection of building blocks, patterns, and "engaging creativity tools."

For more information, head over to the game's Web site

(http://www.mysims.com/)

There's an updated trailer on there as well.

This thread really needs some catching up...

Game | Life preview:

The first thing you're going to want to do is create a Sim. It's easier than most other create-a-character things I've used before -- all you have to do is point to a spot on your character's body or face and start clicking A, and you'll start cycling through all the available parts.

(...)

you can change the character's voice, sliding a bar up and down to alter the pitch that he'll speak in. Mumble in, I mean. In Simlish.

(...)

Building a house is, again, quite simple. Using the analog stick on the nunchuk to rotate and zoom, then using the directional pad on the Wiimote to rotate the pieces you're using, is as natural and simple an interface as I've ever gotten out of a 3D object builder. I wasn't fighting with it, I was just building my house.

(...)

The only restrictions they're going to put on you are that you must put a door on your structure, so your Sims will be able to walk inside of it. Past that point, it's all you.

(...)

There are plenty of prefab objects a la Animal Crossing, but you can build and paint your own crap using a very similar tool. As in the Create-a-Building mode, you're given a few restrictions -- in the case of a [pizza] oven, the Sim has to be able to walk up to it and put a pizza in -- but you can then go completely nuts. I made a bed last night, which I piled pillows all around like the best pillow fort ever.

(...)

Once you're done satisfying your creative urges, it's time to go out and hit the town. The rest of the villagers will want things from you. Flowery decorations for their apartment, perhaps. Or they might need your help to launch a rocket in the town square. Or you might have to venture outside of town to retrieve some things for them from the forest. Or you could just be a total dick to everyone in town. Which probably doesn't help you very much in the long run, but it's hilarious to watch your character taunt other people in town, which will eventually lead to a fistfight. A very, very cute fistfight.

Source: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/handson_mysims_.html#more

IGN Interview:

IGN Wii: Sum up for us what MySims is all about.

Tim: MySims is a brand new version of The Sims made exclusively and specifically for Wii and DS. It has a completely different look -- doesn't look like anything you've seen before. It really looks like something that was made for Nintendo. The game really involves building an entire town, so as a player you get to build an entire town including the furniture. You still have all the classic Sims creativity, but it really has a different feel. It feels like it was made specifically for the console. We hope we're offering the most immersive creative experience yet on a console.

IGN Wii: Who is making the game and when did production start on the project?

Tim: It's being made by The Sims division in Redwood City at the headquarters of Electronic Arts and we started working on it last year about February.

IGN Wii: So are you planning to use Nintendo's Miis in MySims?

Tim: Are the Miis going to be incorporated into the game? When we started developing MySims, we hadn't seen the Miis and didn't even know they existed. I think that they're very cool and great spokespeople for the Wii platform, but I think MySims are completely different. When you see them together you're going to realize that they're very different characters, but I think both of them have that trait, which is that when you look at them you're going to feel like they're something created for a Nintendo console. In deciding to make MySims specifically for Wii as opposed to any of the other next-gen consoles, that's what we really wanted.

IGN Wii: What do you do in MySims?

Tim: As a player, you start out in this town that's become kind of run-down and you really focus on rebuilding it, getting people to move back in and really creating a place where people want to live. As new people move in, they're going to have things that they want you to do for them. It's very different from a classic Sims game because we've given you a lot of creativity tools to build the buildings in town, but also to build the furniture. So, if somebody needs a chair for their house, you're not just going to a catalog and buying it -- you're actually building it out of building blocks. You get to decorate it, you get to paint it, you get to build it, and when you put it down in their house, you see them go and use it. It's a very different experience. It really is almost like an entire world that's built out of building blocks and you use the capabilities of the Wii -- that incredible controller -- to build the entire environment.

IGN Wii: How does the game use the Wii remote?

Tim: When we said let's make a Sims game specifically for Nintendo, one of the things we had to think about was, okay, what are we going to do with this controller? How does it help us make a great Sims game? Not, what are the gimmicky things we can do with the controller, but what are the things that are really going to allow us to deliver a Sims-type creative experience? What we realized is that using the Wii remote is almost like having a hand. It's almost like having a mouse on the PC. There are a lot of different things that you can get out of the Wii remote and what we really wanted to do was to make it easy for players to have a creative experience like they have on the PC. So, the world is made of building blocks and in MySims there is a lot of picking up and grabbing, placing and stacking, and then you can go and paint and apply your creativity to everything. Everybody's town is going to look completely different.

IGN Wii: Will MySims use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to take gamers online?

Tim: We haven't announced our online strategy yet for MySims, but we recognize that it's a great feature of the Wii and we definitely want to take full advantage of all the capabilities of the system.

IGN Wii: Is the game single-player focused?

Tim: I think MySims is a very personal experience. We've had multiplayer features in other products that we've done, but what we've really found is that it is a personal experience. It's more about sharing what you've done. Showing people. Saying, 'Check out what I've done. Look at this.' We see the Wii as a platform that people play together so we want the tools to be very easy. We want it to be that if someone is sitting there playing and their mom walks into the room, they can go, 'Hey mom, why don't you build something.' And they can just throw the controller in her hand and she'll be able to do it."

IGN Wii: Is MySims going to impress people from a visual standpoint?

Tim: I think what's going to impress people from a visual standpoint is that everything you see in the game is something that you essentially created. In an effort to allow that freedom, I think the game has a very Nintendo look to it. But for us it's really about unlocking player creativity as opposed to pushing the graphic envelope on the product. We will always fault on the side of player creativity, even if it means that we can't make things look graphically the same as somebody who is making a linear product where you know where the player will be at all times.

IGN Wii: EA recently revealed the game has a forest level. What's that all about?

Tim: There is an additional level, which is this forest level -- a very different place where players will be able to go and explore. One of the main focuses of the gameplay is that players will collect what we're calling essences, and essences are really different elements from the world, be it wood, flowers or whatever they can find within the environment. And those really become their paint palate. So as a player, you're going to be compelled to go and explore the entire world to pick up, essentially, new paints.

IGN Wii: Tell us about the DS version of the game. Will there be connectivity between handheld and console?

Tim: The DS version of MySims is actually being developed in Japan. One of the things we did when we decided to make MySims and focus on the Nintendo platforms is that we really wanted a game that could work not only for the US and Europe, but also for Asia and specifically Japan. We knew from our research and from the success of The Sims in general that The Sims as a product, because of the very realistic character style, never really resonated with Japanese players. So, of course, MySims has a very, very different look and style than what you're used to. To that end, both the Wii and DS games were started simultaneously and there will be a lot of similarities between them, but we're taking full advantage of the DS platform and how it differs from Wii. We haven't really talked about the connectivity between the DS and Wii at this point in time.

IGN Wii: Finally, why should fans be excited about this game?

Tim: If you have a Wii, the reason you should get MySims is because it will unlock your personal creativity like no game on a console has before.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776719p1.html

mysimswiiscreens2007032pu4.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032jx4.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032kv3.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032bg9.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032vh4.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032nn6.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032py9.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032eu2.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032dy0.jpg

mysimswiiscreens2007032bn4.jpg

Character images:

art_005.jpg

art_006.jpg

art_007.jpg

art_008.jpg

art_013.jpg

art_014.jpg

art_015.jpg

art_016.jpg

art_017.jpg

art_018.jpg

art_019.jpg

Source: http://www.ngcfrance.com/news.php?operande=0&idx=7337&r=1

Videos:

-> http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10199

-> http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10188

-> http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10189

-> http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10190

If this game has the right advertising then I really do think it'll sell a load of Wii's to everyone who loves the Sims, which is one of, if not the most successful non gamer game ever.

Nice update there Pedro.

I have never been a fan of the Sims games but with the release of My Sims that may very well change.

If this game has the right advertising then I really do think it'll sell a load of Wii's to everyone who loves the Sims, which is one of, if not the most successful non gamer game ever.

I totally agree. This title could be a suprise system seller for the Wii if it turns out good and is marketed right.

It's very 'cute' isn't it?

I'm looking forward to it, alot actually. There seems like loads to see and do...

I'm looking forward to it aswell, and hopefully will cheer my girlfriend up that the cute looking characters of Little Big Planet won't be appearing on the Wii.