NEurope
Stocka

My Sims

MUHAHAHA! i bribed my ex-workmates with coffee and got discount on mysims today ^_______^ :yay:

...oh wait..... its the sims :blank:

l o a d i n g . . .

yes! the loading screens are plentiful and annoying... but the graphics are pretty and what little of the game i've played feels like a nice mixture of the classic play-it-for-3-weeks-solid-and-forget-to-eat original PC game i once knew and loved... and animal crossing. basically, as long as it doesnt get TOOOOO mission based and i can mess around annoying the neighbors by building little fences around them while they're trying to fetch their morning paper - i'm fine playing mysims...until animal crossing comes out :smile:

This game has a constant grinding noise when loading, lots of people on gamefaqs say its noisy aswell. Anyone on here getting the noise aswell?

I also seem to be getting a fair amount of noise when loading.

I wonder if it is just more noticeable due to the frequency of the loading , either that or I wonder if it is something to do with the manufacturing process at EA (a stretch I know) , especially as I had similar problems with my copy of Madden '07.

Have been playing this a lot more and I am enjoying it but I do have some concerns over long term appeal. It's nice to get more Sims moving in to open things up a bit but ultimately the core gameplay stays the same.

It is still quite absorbing though but it is just making me scream out for a new Animal Crossing (the events and such just added more long term appeal).

This game has a constant grinding noise when loading, lots of people on gamefaqs say its noisy aswell. Anyone on here getting the noise aswell?

It's happening with mine too, but am I in the slightest bit bothered...

yes...a smidgen...

should of been 2 player

No. I don't think it SHOULD'VE.

Yes,there is a fair amount of noise when loading, probably due to the way it's programmed. It needs a lot of date which is 'scattered' on the disc. Aside from the noise, it shouldn't hurt the Wii.

And I quite like this game. It has issues, yet I've spent over 10 hour on it alreadyI That's more then on RE4 at this moment, and I love RE4! It's the building, I swear! Oh, why do I have to be this damn creative when building a fridge? It's just a fridge! It doesn't need an excentric design or funky colour that match my carpet! And still, I spend more time than is good for me on these trivialities... Blasted creativeness...

Yep it's extremely noisy on mine. The game is good, but the loading times are really starting to grate!

At the moment, the game doesn't seem like it has alot to it, being the sims, i'm surprised, but i'm not far into it, so i'm hoping that changes.

im geting the noise now it sounds like my wii is going to blow up

how far have you guys got i got 3 stars

EXCELLENT NEWS! Number 2 in the UK :D

Half of the people I know that love The Sims are female and this just fits perfectly with the Wii's audience of getting all types of gamers onto the platform. I hope many have bought a Wii for this game alone. I personally haven't bought this (even though it looks gorgeous and I love the sims and Animal Crossing). I felt stung financially with the other versions of the console sims due to the gameplay turning "flat" quite fast. If this had been online (with updates and sharing furniture/chatting etc I would have bought it in a heartbeat). It's ripe for a sequel with these features.

It seems EA are producing these great little games but the "community" aspect of the games aren't fully realised. Tiger Woods is another guilty piece of software alongside this and SSX Blur. Hopefully with FIFA and MADDEN having online features worth playing, the probable sequels to all of these games will include some sort of online play.

It's easy to blame Nintendo but EA should have really got major online elements into this game.

It's easy to blame Nintendo but EA should have really got major online elements into this game.

Online would have been nice but for that to happen EA really need to get their servers sorted out.

The glitchy lag and loading is bad enough in this game already (so much so that it is really killing my enjoyment) so combined with EAs laggy/unreliable servers this game online would be a complete mess.

Maybe by the time the inevitable sequel drops this things will hopefully be ironed out.