NEurope

I am an elderly 20, although I look about 18. I still get ID'd in unfamiliar places, bah.

I'm 18,19 in December.

I use to be such a happy guy, now im just a cynical, angry bastard.

Haha, so true. I'm 19, 20 next April. No more teenage-ness for me...sigh.

I've been here for 5 years... Im now 23 so i joined when i was 18....

Damn it's been a long time.

I've been here for 5 years... Im now 23 so i joined when i was 18....

Damn it's been a long time.

I'm fighting so hard to not make a comment.

Based on the data I've collected from this thread the collective age is: Damn. I screwed up on my first try. Worry not! I'll try another time. My age is 26.

Collective age currently: 863 year

Those in the their 18 years made up the bulk of the age with a collective age of 199 year. There were 11 people in that age group. They were also the biggest age group.

Runner-ups were those in their 20 years totalling 140 year. There were 7 people in that age group being also the runner-up in age groups.

The youngest age group was the 14 years. They totalled only 28 year. They were also amongst the smallest age group.

There were four people who didn't share their age with no one. Those had the age of 31 years, 25 years, 23 years and 27 years (being revealed by another member).

We have 2121 members under 18, and 333 over the age of 18 (as of today)

I lurked alot before i joined. My english wasnt very good, because i lived in a ghetto. Far too much black speech.

I joined when i was 15 i think.

Im 19, The forum has not changed my life in any way.

That is all.

numberwang_host_2.jpg

That's Numberwang!

That surprises me. I suppose that because I'm over 30, and all the people I play games with are over 30, I assume that there're loads of older gamers out there.

These numbers probably scupper my plans of suggesting going for a few beers with anyone going to the Oxford Street GAME midnight release of the Wii...

I suppose you have to take off at least 20% for members who are inactive, spambots or whatever. But still, yus, its a majority kids forum (so stop the foul language! :p)

I wouldn't mind going for a couple of beers with you, mtg101. But, I live so far away from you. One plane ticket to Oslo (appr. £60) and then towards London (probably around £30). Plus, hotel expenses which I am not sure how much it costs. =)

I suppose you have to take off at least 20% for members who are inactive, spambots or whatever. But still, yus, its a majority kids forum (so stop the foul language! :p)

I agree that kids shouldn't be exposed to foul language on the internet: they should learn that sort of thing in the school playground, as I had to.

However, if we're to set a good example by not using bad language and correcting the kids when they use it, shouldn't we do the same with bad language usage?

To that end, Ashley, your last sentence would have been better written as "Still, yes, the majority of forum members is kids". :heh:

To that end, Ashley, your last sentence would have been better written as "Still, yes, the majority of forum members is kids". :heh:

Oh, a cardinal sin. Correcting grammar and still not getting it right.

Oh, a cardinal sin. Correcting grammar and still not getting it right.

It is a well known 'fact' that while you're correcting someone else's grammar on a forum it's impossible not to make a mistake yourself. However I haven't found an error in my response yet. Please point it out to me.

It is a well known 'fact' that while you're correcting someone else's grammar on a forum it's impossible not to make a mistake yourself. However I haven't found an error in my response yet. Please point it out to me.

It's 'are' not 'is' before 'kids'.

It's 'are' not 'is' before 'kids'.

The "is" is referring to "the majority", which is singular. So while it should be "most of the members are..." it should be "the majority is...".

The "is" is referring to "the majority", which is singular. So while it should be "most of the members are..." it should be "the majority is...".

The majority is below 18.

but

The majority of forum members are kids.

I'm 22, been here since I was 17 I think, Johelian pointed me here, I have to say that of the regulars (Jordan/Dabooker etc) I think I have noticed a change in post 'maturity' to some degree (not always tho :P).

I am an elderly 20, although I look about 18. I still get ID'd in unfamiliar places, bah.

Same here man, kinda annoying but... one day you'll be wishing you looked young enough to get ID'd again!

I'm 15, I joined when I was 14. Not a very long time.

Also, I wish I was older. Scratch that, I wish I was taller. D:

I am 17 and have been browsing these forums for quite a few years....just before the release of the Gamecube when these forums were known as Cube Europe.

There was a period about a couple of months ago when I hardly started to come on at all. But recently I've been here quite alot.

I agree that kids shouldn't be exposed to foul language on the internet: they should learn that sort of thing in the school playground, as I had to.

However, if we're to set a good example by not using bad language and correcting the kids when they use it, shouldn't we do the same with bad language usage?

Grammar is as superficial as Jordan (the busty woman, not the forum member). You understand the sentence from the context. Same with words, why should I have to use words in the dictionary. Or even within common usage. So I may say "oh frak I'm so plum flustered over this doodathing" but doesn't mean its unintelligable (within the context, the person would know what the "doodathing" is). Im a firm believer in the descriptive linguistic approach.

And Shorty, you do look under 18. But I always get carded too, its fine. Enjoy it before we all become old and wrinkly. Cause that's truely worse than bad grammar :p