NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gj15987

Username

I love being The3rdChildren. Hell, the thrill I get from people always telling me it's grammaticalololololololy incorrect is just immense.

You'd think people would consider it's origins, maybe google it, before pointing out to you that they think you've got your own name wrong. *sigh* Am I the only one who would google something way before I would tell someone their reference to that of which I have no knowledge is inaccurate?

I sometimes thought about asking to have my username on here changed to "Roostophe", which I use in other forums and YouTube (And also use it for Xbox Live if I get it). But I reckon you're all used to me as "The Villan", as I have been since C-E. So, y'know...it stays...

mine will never change even though im just mcj to most.Change your name.Can't understand numbers in user names.

I think you should change it. It's pretty...impersonal. You should try and find something catchier.

Course, I'll probably have a better name whatever you do. Mine is Awesom-O-3000

Change your name.Can't understand numbers in user names.

He was born on the 15/09/1987??

Mine is Awesom-O-3000

Danny Dare sounds better.

He was born on the 15/09/1987??

thats not what i meant.I just mean i dont like using numbers in user names

You'd think people would consider it's origins, maybe google it, before pointing out to you that they think you've got your own name wrong. *sigh* Am I the only one who would google something way before I would tell someone their reference to that of which I have no knowledge is inaccurate?

what is the3rdchildren from. i tried googleing it and i only got bio pages on him from various sites :confused:

what is the3rdchildren from. i tried googleing it and i only got bio pages on him from various sites :confused:

shinji.jpg

there

Some perceive my username as a sign I am stupid and cannot spell, however I assure you this is not the case. You see, there is a vivid and rich explanation, so rich perhaps that if it were a pudding it would be a christmas cake.

It's all related to a Japanese anime called ShinSeiki Evangelion, or Neon Genesis Evangelion as the official English title goes. In the series, youngsters at the age of fourteen are capable of piloting giants known as Evangelion, biomechanical humanoid fighting machines. However, these children are given a special classification in the order they are selected by a group known only as Marduk.

Rei Ayanami was the first to be discovered, so her classification is the 1st Children, a literal term for the "The first of the children", I believe. Soryu Asuka Langley was the second, and is therefore the 2nd Children. Finally we come to Shinji Ikari, primary protagonist of the series, who is identified by Marduk as the 3rd Children, and classified as this throughout the series. It is from this classification that my username originates.

Of course, it later becomes apparent through the investigations of Ryoji Kaji that Marduk does not exist at all, it is merely a coverup for an even more horrifying set of secrets relating to the Children and why they alone are able to pilot Evangelion.

Ranting aside, it's basically a cool Engrishy thing from Japan, and handily because of this it's rarely taken on forums and so forth. And there you have it.

I suppose I have to write something as well...

I always took The3rdChildren's name as irony, or something of the like. My own name's are just strings of random things surrounding me. I made this name just after eating beans on toast, and since my name is Tyson, it seemed to make sense to call myself TysOnToast. I think it's memorable.

..my username is for Fernando Morientes (Even though he doesn't play for Liverpool anymore.. some would say he never played at all :heh:) ..but I'd like to think I'm pretty distinctive.. showing a lot more Liverpool love than most :bowdown:

I suppose I have to write something as well...

Just follow my lead:

*ahem*

Evangelion ftw!

Mine is a simple combination of first and second names, I some times add 'Master' to the front of it if I can't use just 'JonSt'

Mine is a simple first and second name. With Kowalyszyn shortened to kov.

I don't think you should ever change your username (not just you, everyone). It's just...so silly!

Mine is from the Retro Gamer magazine forums. and i could never be arsed thinking up a new one.

I don't think you should ever change your username (not just you, everyone). It's just...so silly!

I changed mine, it was slightly different for the first two weeks I was on the old boards. Anyone who can remember my first board name gets 10 imaginary rep.

I also tried a different one about 1.5yr ago because everyone assumed I was short. I mean, where do people get that idea?

My username comes from when my brother set up an email address for me oh-so-many years back. My first name is Nick, my surname starts with 'C' and I was fat, so fatnickc it was.

But i'm so fresh!

I was thinking of changing my name, dunno what too though, dunno if I'm memorable enough for people to say "hey wheres Twilight_Link gone?"

Was thinking if just something simple like Tedd (my name is Edd [and that second d is very important!] so just chucking the T from current name infront), but not sure.

At the moment I just think my name is too long!

I recognise you as another one of them people with a Zelda type name and set up. Not a bad thing... and I wouldnt really like to not see old Twilight floating about anymore... not that I know the first thing about you like! ::shrug: But I do recognise you as one of the familiar names going about, so dont demote yourself to being a newbie again!

Id be tempted to change me name/ make a new account and see if I could get noticed more, but I doubt I will. Im happy enough with my name cos I use it for email aswell, I dont wanna change everything... or become an annoying spammy n00b! :geek:

..my username is for Fernando Morientes (Even though he doesn't play for Liverpool anymore.. some would say he never played at all :heh:) ..but I'd like to think I'm pretty distinctive.. showing a lot more Liverpool love than most :bowdown:

Ah, old Nando. Seeing as he wasnt quite the success we all hoped, your name is... a bit wick. But full marks for all the Liverpool support you show, even in these tough times (but when are the times not tough when youre a Pool supporter, eh? :cry: )

As for the thread starter, Mr gj15987, ok so its not the catchiest of names... but its different from all the rest and its recognisable - though I didnt know you were from Swansea til I read this thread. Change it at your own peril :bowdown:

My username is actually LFC-based too. It used to be 'FieldsOfAnfieldRoad', named of course after the great Liverpool song, but people kept calling me just 'Fields' so I asked Ash to change it.

And darksnowman, times may be tough at the moment, but I think you will find that not only are we the most successful English club ever, but also the most successful English club of the 21st century. So it's not all bad, eh? :D

My username is actually LFC-based too. It used to be 'FieldsOfAnfieldRoad', named of course after the great Liverpool song, but people kept calling me just 'Fields' so I asked Ash to change it.

And darksnowman, times may be tough at the moment, but I think you will find that not only are we the most successful English club ever, but also the most successful English club of the 21st century. So it's not all bad, eh? :D

Yeah I guessed that you were FieldsofAnfieldRoad. Thanks for the words o' encouragement, but its tough at times to judge the club on anything else apart from present form. Hopefully things'll come good, hopefully.

I took my name from a joke... been thinking of changing it though. I probably don't post enough for anyone to notice me anyway :p

Sign in to follow this