N-Europe

Iwata Asks Interviews

Dante

Main topic for the Iwata's interviews. :)

Volume 1: Wii Hardware

Part 1 - USING STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY IN UNPRECEDENTED WAYS

Part 2 - A DESIGN FOR EVERYONE

Part 3 - Wii: BORN OUT OF A CONCRETE VISION

Volume 2: Wii Remote

Part 1 - TAKING CONTROL BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

Part 2 - NO BARRIERS: A CONTROLLER FOR EVERYONE

Part 3 - TOWARDS A NEW STANDARD

Volume 3: Wii Channels

Part 1 - FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY

Part 2 - REDEFINING THE GAME-USER RELATIONSHIP

Part 3 - Wii AS A SHARED SPACE FOR ALL THE FAMILY

Part 4 - AIMING FOR WORLDWIDE Mii COMMUNICATION

Part 5 - A FRESH WAY TO VIEW YOUR PHOTOS

Part 6 - SHARING IDEAS, INFLUENCING EACH OTHER

Volume 4: Wii Sports

Part 1 - A TRULY GROUND-BREAKING COLLECTION OF GAMES

Part 2 - DID ANYONE SAY IT SHOULD LOOK REALISTIC?

Part 3 - THEY TRIED TO SERVE AN IMAGINARY BALL!

Part 4 - GAMES THAT EVEN THE PEOPLE WATCHING CAN ENJOY

Volume 5: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Part 1 - THE INDEFINABLE ESSENCE OF ZELDA

Part 2 - IDEAS BORN OUT OF FUNCTIONALITY

Part 3 - LIKE TRYING TO MOULD CLAY

Part 4 - ALWAYS STRIVING TO STAY TRUE TO THE SPIRIT OF ZELDA

Part 5 - "MAKE IT 120% ZELDA!"

Part 6 - THE HANDS-ON APPROACH

Part 7 - FOCUSING ON THE PLAYER'S PERSPECTIVE

Part 8 - A FIRST-RATE LINK, EVEN BY NINTENDO STANDARDS

PART 9 - EACH PHILOSOPHY BENEFITS FROM THE EXISTENCE OF THE OTHER

Part 10 - I SIMPLY WANT EVERYONE TO ENJOY THIS WORLD

Volume 6: WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Part 1 - WITH ONE OF THESE REMOTES, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING

Part 2 - "THIS IS RIDICULOUS" IS THE BEST POSSIBLE COMPLIMENT

Iwata wants people to like him. He is trying to come across as more human in all these interviews. He also puts himself in the centre of game development...as if he has a big influence...

Isn't he just a corporate suit ? and not real games person like myamoto? Or have i got him wrong?

Reggie is an exception as for a corporate suit hes actually got a butt kicking personality. But sorry no love for you Iwata with your silly hair cut

You've got him wrong. He probably doesn't have too much of a hand in the development of games right now, but I think he tries to much more than he needs to.

As he said at that one E3 conference, "On my business card I'm the president of Nintendo. In my brain I am a video game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer."

Or something like that. And I think that portrays him well.

These interviews are awesome and very insightful. I think, though, that they should be presented in video format, with english subtitles. It would be much more interesting, for me anyway, to watch them like that, to see the chemistry between them as they laugh away at annecdotes, than to just spend countless minutes reading on the computer...

I personally think Iwata strays off from his questioning-position. However, I finjd that Nintendo's image certainly will change (and has changed) thanks to this man. We don't have allot to thank Yamauchi for, except him to serve as leather for purses when he's dead. I think Iwata has a personality - certainly because he gives english speaches, wich, to be honest, is a good way for him to show that he actually want to promote Nintendo. Great man, but that's my thought.

I personally think Iwata strays off from his questioning-position. However, I finjd that Nintendo's image certainly will change (and has changed) thanks to this man. We don't have allot to thank Yamauchi for, except him to serve as leather for purses when he's dead. I think Iwata has a personality - certainly because he gives english speaches, wich, to be honest, is a good way for him to show that he actually want to promote Nintendo. Great man, but that's my thought.

In 1970, Hiroshi Yamauchi was observing a hanafuda factory. He noticed an extending arm, which was made by one of their maintenance engineers, Gunpei Yokoi, for his own amusement. Yamauchi ordered Yokoi to develop it as a proper product for the Christmas rush.

The 1970s also saw the hiring of Shigeru Miyamoto, the man who (along with Yokoi) would become a living legend in the world of gaming and the secret to Nintendo's longevity; his creative vision was instrumental in determining the path Nintendo's future (and indeed, the industry's as a whole) would follow. Yokoi began to mentor Miyamoto during this period of time in R&D, teaching him all that he knew.

"Isn't he just a corporate suit ? and not real games person like myamoto? Or have i got him wrong?"

HAL Laboratory, Incorporated

In 1982, after succeeding at college, Iwata was recruited by HAL Laboratory, Inc. for a full-time position. He became the company's coordinator of software production in 1983. Some of the video games he helped create while he worked there were Balloon Fight, EarthBound, and the Kirby games. Iwata was eventually promoted to president of HAL in 1993. Nevertheless, he and his branch sometimes aided in the creation of Nintendo video games, himself on a freelance basis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoru_Iwata

:)

Dante you should work on the news or articles section on the main page, you do more on the forums than i ever see on the homepage.

As i've said before, there is a lot more to news posting than just finding the news. You sometimes have to re-write entire pieces to avoid plaigarism (sp? Its late). Then, there's the html coding for articles. Getting a piece up can take anything from 10 minutes to a half hour. Try and fit that around things such as work and school/Uni, it's not an easy thing. ;)

• 2 weeks later...