NEurope
Zechs Merquise

FIRE EMBLEM: A blockbuster made on a shoestring...

I don't regret paying one penny of the £30 I spent on it from play.com. It's without a doubt one of my favourite Gamecube games.

Finally beat level 8 last night and then got all the way to the end of the next level just to have one of my characters get killed by the boss as he got 2 shots instead of one.

I have to say im loving playing it on normal as there is a greater challenge and a larger sense of urgency. The sense of relief when overcoming the amount of enemies is a great feeling and I recommend playing it on normal again to all those ( like me ) who just went through it on easy. I dread to think of how hard the HARD mode is going to be....

well I finally gave in and payed top yen for this game... i pisses me off how some GC titles just don't get cheaper.. for instance the ps2 version of the lego starwars game you can get on any street corner for almost nothing.. the GC version is only available at internet stores (at least for me) and at full price or "more"...

But back to Fire Emblem.. great game.. and I also play through the game without any casulties.. trying to avoid using Titania too much in the beginning as I have a slight hunch that the other charachters need the xp..

And also the "cat people.." they are great in a tight spot.. but take to many good xp away from my gang..

well I finally gave in and payed top yen for this game... i pisses me off how some GC titles just don't get cheaper.. for instance the ps2 version of the lego starwars game you can get on any street corner for almost nothing.. the GC version is only available at internet stores (at least for me) and at full price or "more"...

But back to Fire Emblem.. great game.. and I also play through the game without any casulties.. trying to avoid using Titania too much in the beginning as I have a slight hunch that the other charachters need the xp..

And also the "cat people.." they are great in a tight spot.. but take to many good xp away from my gang..

Glad to see another person picking up this gem of a game.

Titania is a great character to use later on in the game but like you said early on she can eat away at other characters experiance points.

I have wanted the game for AGES now, and more than any other GC game, but i've struggled to find it for £20 or under. I want it so much but I am trying to avoid paying £30 for it.

I feel the same way about Sacred Stones, but like you today I caved in and got it.

Glad to see another person picking up this gem of a game.

Titania is a great character to use later on in the game but like you said early on she can eat away at other characters experiance points.

I let her gain XP in the bonus XP bit and also from boss battles, I let my lesser characters pick off the easy targets to pick up their XP.

Really got back into this game, it is just soo stupidly deep and big andyou need to replay it like 15 times to unlock everything-wow!!!!

I'm currently on Chapter 13 and LOVING it. Between this and Metroid Prime my Wii is finally seeing some play! ^_^

People NEEEEED this game!!!

Titania is god!

Glad you are liking it Takeo, it really is a great game. Who is your favourite character so far? Read through the thread ( or was it the other one? ) and you will see the love I give to Soren, hes awesome!

soren.jpg

Look at him! He so cool!

I raelly do want this game.Seen it in America for 50 dollars but in the end didn't get it cause money was tight cause of everything I was buying.

Turns out I had 80 dollars left :cry:

Hero-of-Time, why do you like Soren? From the word go I was waiting on him turning against me and being an enemy spy! Ilyia (if thats the right character?) was my Mage of choice once she joined me.

I've only played through this once, but I loved it while it lasted. Really. Replaying missions to make sure everyone survived wasnt as big a bore as I feared and the story, sheer scope, and themes within the game are really engaging!

Once I completed it I checked that menu that shows you the characters you got along the way, and it turned it out I only missed two - so I was pretty chuffed with that! If I had missed a whole lot I would probably have been more tempted to get through it again.

I've let boyd die cos i couldnt be arsed restarting the prison break chapter after getting to the end.

Soren FUCKING ROCKS!!! He's pretty damn strong too!

I wasn't sure which thread, so i revived the most recent one.

Hero-of-Time, why do you like Soren? From the word go I was waiting on him turning against me and being an enemy spy! Ilyia (if thats the right character?) was my Mage of choice once she joined me.

I was expecting that aswell. To be honest I always like moody/dark characters, probably why I like Squall of FFVIII fame so much.

I also enjoy the little twist that occurs regarding him...

I also enjoy the little twist that occus regarding him...

H-o-T, you couldnt summarize that little twist in a spoiler box just to refresh my memory could ya?

Finally beat level 8 last night and then got all the way to the end of the next level just to have one of my characters get killed by the boss as he got 2 shots instead of one.

I have to say im loving playing it on normal as there is a greater challenge and a larger sense of urgency. The sense of relief when overcoming the amount of enemies is a great feeling and I recommend playing it on normal again to all those ( like me ) who just went through it on easy. I dread to think of how hard the HARD mode is going to be....

You also unlock other shit if you do it on normal and hard. I think i'm on easy, but i'm continuing a save i had from when i first played ages ago. Continued from Chapter 6 i think.

Titania is god!

Watch out that you don't abuse her too much. She can practically clear entire lvls by herself, but your other teammates will miss out on the exp.

I'm on another playthrough now myself, and while i tried to raise ilyana and tormod after that, i ended up using soren instead. I think he got lucky with the lvl ups, cause he's a better frontliner than most of my tanks (gatrie, boyd). He pretty much dodges everything and is one of the few who can actually double bosses.

It's also alot easier to care for Soren as he's a main character as well. The same counts for titania, but i prefer raising characters myself (oscar/astrid combo): peace: .

You also unlock other shit if you do it on normal and hard. I think i'm on easy, but i'm continuing a save i had from when i first played ages ago. Continued from Chapter 6 i think.

Going through hard mode at the moment, but aside from the first few turns of every episode, it really isn't that much tougher. There's so much more experience to get from the hordes of enemies, that you end up with 3 strong retaliation tanks fast enough (Boyd, Ike & Oscar with Titania as a bonus).

H-o-T, you couldnt summarize that little twist in a spoiler box just to refresh my memory could ya?

[spoiler=]"Soren is a branded. He's half-laguz, half-beorc -- a union that's completely forbidden in the world of Tellius. Soren has known about this for a while, he even reveals it to Ike at one point of the story, at which Ike responds that "It doesn't matter" because he's his best friend and he's also necessary for their goal."

I think last time I played I was halfway through Normal but one of my guys died so I stopped playing, should really get back to this game.

The depth of this game is making my head ache!!!

love it :D

Advance Wars never did this to me :heh:

Anywho, do the characters 'jobs' upgrade themselves over time or am i forced to use that seal on them every time?

Anywho, do the characters 'jobs' upgrade themselves over time or am i forced to use that seal on them every time?

If you mean their Classes then yeah once they hit level 20 they start back at level 1 but are more powerful. Some only level up when you get to a certain point in the story or do something, Ike is one of these cases.

AAA fair enough. I suppose there isn't a level cap then?

AAA fair enough. I suppose there isn't a level cap then?

Once you get to level 20 for the 2nd time that is it, no more exp for you!

Once you get to level 20 for the 2nd time that is it, no more exp for you!

poo, k. i'll hold off using the seals till my fellas are having some trouble then.

Upon finishing the game, numerous things become available for access:

Sound Room

Theatre

After completing the game, connect a GBA on two separate occasions, once with Fire Emblem inserted, once with Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones inserted, which will unlock Illustrations, which not only include the Path of Radiance drawings, but from the two aforementioned games as well.

Trial Maps are additional areas to battle in, usually facing harsh odds, challenging the player who has mastered the game. The following requirements must be met after Path of Radiance has been cleared:

Trail Map 1 = finish game on any difficulty level.

Trail Map 2 = finish game on Normal or Difficult mode.

Trail Map 3 = finish the game on Difficult mode.

Trail Map 4 = connect the GBA to the GCN with Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones inserted.

Trail Map 5 = connect the GBA to the GCN with Fire Emblem inserted.

Trail Map 6 = connect the GBA to the GCN with Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones inserted.

Allied units can be unlocked as well, by meeting the following conditions:

Oliver = complete story mode 3 times.

Shiharam = complete story mode 5 times.

Petrine = complete story mode 7 times.

Bryce = complete story mode 10 times.

Ashnard = complete story mode 15 times.

Look at this! A Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance thread!:smile:

Great game, as everyone posted. Good missions, great plot and, above all, great characters.

I still prefer Fire Emblem 7 for the GBA, mainly because there are different paths, small changes to the plot depending on who the lord is and a better support system (even if it was hell to get the supports for some of the late characters).

However, Path of Radiance still shines, since the gameplay elements are so different and unique to the portable ones. The Laguz were a nice addition, given you know how to use them. Lethe was dependable and useful, but Mordecai was a little more useless. The FMVs had terrible voice acting, but other than that, gorgeous. I prefer the still paintings, though.

And, of course, it possesses the great replay value from the Fire Emblems, that being, the supports. I don't want to read them in a FAQ. I want to read them as they are supposed to be read, even if it takes a lot of work (it sucks that I can't read them whenever I want, though).

By the way, my MVP was Boyd. The guy has incredible speed, power and HP. Counter and Wrath work wonders with him. The addition of bows was a nice plus, too.

Oh, and do try to beat the game on Hard mode. It's a great challenge and there are a few changes, like the addition of Fog of War in certain missions.

P.S.: How many people got Stefan or the Vague Katti on the first playtrough?:heh:

P.S.: How many people got Stefan or the Vague Katti on the first playtrough?:heh:

Not me :p But i have him now!!!

I had a funny support conversation once.

Rolf was in it ( I believe with marcia, could be someone else entirely) and he was practicing his bow skills on some trees. Sounds like fun, but it's quite a challenge when you're in the middle of the friggin ocean on your way to beignon!

:D :D

poo, k. i'll hold off using the seals till my fellas are having some trouble then.

If you end up not needing them, use it once a character is lvl 20. They need another 100 exp to reach their advanced class, so you can get that for free without the loss of potential stat points :)