NEurope
Zechs Merquise

FIRE EMBLEM: A blockbuster made on a shoestring...

Stocka would you say it's worth £29.99?

I think I migh wait till January though cause i've got a few games to complete and then there's the Wii.

I think I migh wait till January though cause i've got a few games to complete and then there's the Wii.

Well although you didnt ask me I will answer with a firm YES

I imagine this will be one of those hard to find games in years to come.

From what i've played so far, and knowing you love the cube RPGs, definately YES.

If anything it looks like the price is going to rise (aka Skies). On Gameplay for example its gone up from £29.99 to £32.99

Yes, I will strongly advice anyone wondering if they should or if they shouldn't purchase this sweet gem right not to go and buy it. It's far superior to the GBA-versions as it has easier way to reset the game and begin again. You might not clock more then purhaps 10 hours on the game, but that doesn't include all the times one of your characters die and you start the mission again knowing this time more what not to do.

On some of the missions I might have done this at least fifty times, maybe even hundreds. You'll do it, because you really care about all the characters and want them all to survive. I won't reveal what happens if you do so, but trust me on this when I tell you that you'll be very pleased indeed.

There's also the issue of connecting your GBA-games to the GC-versions to unlock artwork from those games. In my opinion that's a very nice addition, especially if you've gone far in both games. You see, the further you'll reach in the GBA-games the more characters will be unlocked in that game, which in effect gives you more beautiful artwork to gawk at. I promise you, their really nice to look at and I'm not really that great art-lover. ;)

I think it's worth it. For me FE series arrived way so late in the west. It's a fairly "new" franchise compared to the likes of Metroid, though in Japan it is nearly just as old.

As a result, the NGC version also fell short of becoming a blockbuster. FE brand just doesn't have the same penetration as Zelda and Metroid. It falls into the same 'sort' of category as Skies of Arcadia Legend on NGC - it was a game that deserved more attention, but it arrived too late as a "failed Dreamcast game" into NGC scene and disappeared into obscurity.

It's a shame when that happens to a good game.

Despite the lack of cut scenes (which is CRIMINAL as they're probably the best cut scenes I've ever seen, I just love the style of them and the animation is soooo beautiful) I've not had this much fun with a game for a long time. Infact it's been a long time indeed since i've been sat up past midnight just plugging away on one game.

The more I play it the more fun it gets. I think i'm pretty far now, and am having one hell of a time. I've never wanted to level up characters so much since Pokemon, there's excellent depth.

The more I play it the more fun it gets. I think i'm pretty far now, and am having one hell of a time. I've never wanted to level up characters so much since Pokemon, there's excellent depth.

It's the same for me, I think I'm on Level 20 now, and I love all the characters, it's the class change feature I adore, you just want to see them grow and develop, much in the same way that pokemon evolve.

It is a masterpiece. And the way you have to strategically decide who to level up where and when, against what type of baddies... makes it unlike the way in Pokemon you can just spend time levelling up. Although in Fire Emblem you can award bonus exp to people when youre in the camp so get them up to speed, so it all balances out.

What about for Wii then, we'll be getting that one as soon as it appears...?

Yeah, but what I mean is all us Fire Emblemists are getting it as soon as its out on Wii.

Which we are, of course.

I certainly will. Infact its possibly my most wanted Wii game after Zelda and Mario Galaxy

EDIT:

WOW! The Serenese Forest cutscene with the Heron is BEAUTIFUL :shock:

You're well into the game, keep going. Thats possibly the longest chapter you're on right now, so enjoy it and make sure you make it through with every one intact.

I'm glad you said about it being so anticipated for you, cos I thought that maybe I was alone on having it so high up my list. I'd love ot have it for next Christmas. :santa:

This is great !! i loved it i got to chapter 21 then my memory card got corrupted :(

Have you restarted it? Ever completed it? Get back to it in your spare time :yay:

Have you restarted it? Ever completed it? Get back to it in your spare time :yay:

Havent played it since, all my games were deleted of the memory cards :( the only game i completed again was Tales of Symphonia and Zelda WW.

I'll play it this week untill i get Nintendo Wii =)

I certainly will. Infact its possibly my most wanted Wii game after Zelda and Mario Galaxy

EDIT:

That cut scene is amazing! I wish there were so many more of them. I really want Petrine to be in one because I reckon she's HOT!

I can't wait for the sequel.

Just completed it earlier this evening! WOW, what a game. Bloody huge too!

Fantastic ending, I really loved the whole experience. Amazing characters, I sometimes found it hard to belive that they're not actually real :heh: superb personalities. And the amount of effort gone into the script is unbelieveable, the game is like an engrossing epic fantasy book, and don't get me started on the brilliance of the art.

Really excited about the sequel, and am so pleased that I bought Path of Radiance.

EDIT:

yeah the cutscenes in the game are BEAUTIFUL! They look so damn good.

Just completed it earlier this evening! WOW, what a game. Bloody huge too!

Fantastic ending, I really loved the whole experience. Amazing characters, I sometimes found it hard to belive that they're not actually real :heh: superb personalities. And the amount of effort gone into the script is unbelieveable, the game is like an engrossing epic fantasy book, and don't get me started on the brilliance of the art.

Really excited about the sequel, and am so pleased that I bought Path of Radiance.

The ending is superb and leaves it open nicely for the sequel. I reckon this game could be turned into an epic anime, or better still a massive Lord of the Rings style movie franchise.

Has anyone on here actually finished the game 15 times to unlock everything? Its something I have always fancied doing but other games come along and get in the way.

Has anyone on here actually finished the game 15 times to unlock everything? Its something I have always fancied doing but other games come along and get in the way.

No chance, it's a great game, but 15 times? I mean that's a bit steep. The one thing i'd have loved to see is a multiplayer mode whereby I could pit my team that I've built up against other people's teams. Nintendo really missed out with the lack of online in games like this and Battalion wars.

I always get the feeling that had they been on the XBOX or PS2 they'd have been major sellers.

Jeez, I wouldn't even finish it twice probably.

I loved PoR...but I thought that maybe ther was a tiny bit lacking in the camp between characters. I'd like to see a more complex relationships system. Or maybe a return of incest. Haha.

But it really is a masterpiece. Terrific game, thoroughly enjoyable.