NEurope
Dog-amoto

GAME balls up preorders

I find these rumours of shortages hard to believe.

Me 2. Argos still have plenty of stock left for pre-order, my store has only taken 4 pre-orders and there all from staff.

I hate GAME, they are useless. Recently ordered a NEW copy of Killer 7 from GAME, not only was it not sealed but the box was battered :( very disappointing.

I ordered Mario Kart Double Dash from Game just after it came out, and the box was all cracked. :(

I assume they'd have to. As long as I didn't open it they'd have to refund me.

Yeah I know I would like to think you could but I swear I read they don't do refunds on hardware... I might be wrong. Obviously if it's faulty they'd have to. Best bet is as stated above, check both shops have one and cancel one!! Or, get both and flog one on Ebay for vast sums if they do sell out.

The other option is to sell your pre-order to someone who really wants one on launch day (maybe a small child crying outside the store!!:D )

Yeah I was thinkin of getting them off both stores and selling one on eBay. But I always hated people who do that sort of thing...seems I may become one lol.

So far I think I'll get both, try return the one to GAME, if not, eBay.

Yeah I was thinkin of getting them off both stores and selling one on eBay. But I always hated people who do that sort of thing...seems I may become one lol.

So far I think I'll get both, try return the one to GAME, if not, eBay.

GAME have scrapped the 10 day return and replaced it with a different 28 days one, we now seal all consoles and games that leave the store and if the seal is not broken then you can return it for a refund or exchange within the 28 days, if the seals broken sorry. I'd check your local GAME is doing this though as i can't remember if its a whole company thing or not?!?!? can't remember.

I'll ask at work tomorrow to see whats happening to the pre-orders as we have almost 200 wii's on our books and if we don't get enough then I won't get mine:(

I hate GAME, they are useless. Recently ordered a NEW copy of Killer 7 from GAME, not only was it not sealed but the box was battered :( very disappointing.

The battering could be the royal mail, and I doubt it would have been sealed in the warehouse. Not all games are sealed, such as Tomb Raider and PES6. (Plus the online store is a different company anyway)

GAME have scrapped the 10 day return and replaced it with a different 28 days one, we now seal all consoles and games that leave the store and if the seal is not broken then you can return it for a refund or exchange within the 28 days, if the seals broken sorry.

If you're really careful with sealed games you can just peel them open at the top and remove the plastic without damaging the seal and just pop it back in after 28 days, seal the top up and waltz on in for a happy refund.

I have not tested this theory, nor do I plan to.

GAME stole my grandmother.

BOLOX, also.. this works well for condoms too.

This thread scared the crap out of me. I received a GAME envelope today and after reading this I feared for the worse. Turned out it was a GAME catalogue though :laughing:

"The Next Level" indeed..

I know the GAME over the road from us are sending people who ask about the Wii to us (Gamestation) because we expect to get more stock. Very very weird imo. I'd imagine that GAME have a similar returns policy on hardware to us: if it's not faulty and you've opened it up then no return for you.

The battering could be the royal mail, and I doubt it would have been sealed in the warehouse. Not all games are sealed, such as Tomb Raider and PES6. (Plus the online store is a different company anyway)

The battering was done before it was packaged, there were small cuts in the transparent plastic that houses the sleeve.

I ordered Mario Kart Double Dash from Game just after it came out, and the box was all cracked. :(

It looks like I'm not the only one who's had this problem either. I've also ordered from both Gameplay.com and Play.com, both who sent out the games in their factory seal and they were MINT. I suggest people beware of ordering from GAME's online store, if like me you like things to be perfect, caution is well advised!

If you're really careful with sealed games you can just peel them open at the top and remove the plastic without damaging the seal and just pop it back in after 28 days, seal the top up and waltz on in for a happy refund.

Hopefully no idiot will be unable to spot this when returning a game. (the staff that is)

I am number 15 at Gamestation, Manchester city centre so I will definitely be getting one. However I might choose to sell it on ebay...

________

Black White

Edited by the_mars_volta

I ordered mine from Gameplay, so do you reckon it'll arrive on the 8th? Cus I need to book the day off work to stay in and get it.

Hopefully no idiot will be unable to spot this when returning a game. (the staff that is)

You'd be surprised.

I wouldn't really try that though, it'd require way too much effort.

Killer 7 was certainly sold sealed. I bought Killer 7 online from Game many months ago and the game was surely sealed. Unfortunately Game likes to send returned/used copies to their customers, especially during online sales. I returned several games in the past to them because those idiots sent me used copies. Example: Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. They sent me a not-sealed game, with damage and clear signs of wear on everything including the manual (with more than one page partially ripped), the disc was incredibly scratched (it looked like someone cleaned the whole floor with it; it had scratches everywhere, fingerprints, lots of dirt/dust, ...) and even the memory card was dirty and a little damaged (and funnily enough it even had some saves from the previous owner).

And I don't know which version of PES6 you are referring to, but I bought the X360 version for my brother from Gameplay and as usual it sure was sealed.

Chances are you pre-ordered too late and are not within the stock allocation.

The same has been said about my bro's pre-order, their not sure whether he can get one at launch, the only way I personally can miss out is if my game store gets 3 or less units, doubtful.

I should altleast get one from my local GAME because I was one of the first,but i'm waiting to see how many my GS are getting so I can go with them at mid-night launch.

And I don't know which version of PES6 you are referring to, but I bought the X360 version for my brother from Gameplay and as usual it sure was sealed.

Annoying as fuck Microsoft seal, or plastic seal?

They're the most annoying things on Earth.

Mhm particularly when you have to open 80ish games in one morning.

how can u be so sure what number u are on the list? unless you asked at the time. those slips might be wrong. as in mine they started taking pre-orders before using the pre-order slips so they were out of count. i was told i'd be about 29th. Pre-ordered back in 30/09 at GAME.

However, I recall reading on their notice that Loyalty Card holders get priority allocation. So even if u pre-ordered first but don't have a loyalty card, it don't mean u are first in the queue.