NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gj15987

Glasses

I started wearing contact lenses about six years ago, which I got from Specsavers. I just didn't like the idea of wearing glasses all the time. My prescription has changed quite a bit sincet then, though, so I really must get somenew glasses for first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I don't think I'm very safe driving in these ones anymore.. :p

I wear glasses for reading and stuff.. i can hardly see lecture boards myself =P

I went to Specsavers and got somealright FCUK ones for free (I had some sort of healthinsurance type things for some reason..). They're alright.

I've worn Glasses since I was about 4, because I have a squint in my left eye. I've also made myself slightly short sighted since going to uni and spending all day starting at a computer screen. But yeah last pair of glasses I got came from specsavers. They had a voucher in the paper for a half price eye test and the glasses where on BOGOF so I got another pair with a tint in for driving. Thinking about trying contacts soon though but im pretty squeamish with the thought of putting my finger in my eye. :red:

Thinking about trying contacts soon though but im pretty squeamish with the thought of putting my finger in my eye. :red:

I had that at first too when I heard I needed either glasses or contacts. Really didn't want contacts cause I just hated the thought of having to touch my eye. But my entire family talked me into trying contacts, and I have to say I'm glad they did. I highly prefer my contacts over my glasses and the touching your eye thing really isn't anything bad. Besides, you're actually touching your lens, not your eye. ;P

But yeah, don't let that silly thought keep you from trying out contacts.

Im short sighted, but its only like -3

I still wear glasses the whole time though, because I'd loose them otherwise

I'm short sighted, I wear my glasses most of the time for convenience. I was at a gig last night and I had my glasses in my pocket for some stupid reason, and I noticed today when I woke up that they were missing.. Found them on the street near my house, in a pile of leaves, broken :( The lens are ok though and the frame looks repairable, so it's not a total loss.

I love my glasses! I wear them all the time, as if I didn't I wouldn't be able to see. >_>

Anyway, I have never gotten scratch resistant as it always gives them an annoying greenish, more smudgable lens imo. I'd spend a lot on them - get ones that suit you and wear them all the time, instead of just putting them on when reading the board - it'll help your life as a whole.

Haha, so I went there...had the test, and basically I more or less have perfect 20 20 vision, im just ever so slightly short sighted. The woman recommended I just sit closer to the front in lectures rather than get glasses lmao.

My short-sightedness isn't too bad, but without glasses I wouldn't be able to read any of this from where I'm sitting now (~50cm from the screen). I got to Vison Express as it is very convenient for me. They tend to have spare appointments most days, and after your appointment they have your new lenses and frames ready within an hour.

Haha, so I went there...had the test, and basically I more or less have perfect 20 20 vision, im just ever so slightly short sighted. The woman recommended I just sit closer to the front in lectures rather than get glasses lmao.

Bullshit.

I was sitting in one of my uni lectures the other day, and the lecturer was writing on the board and I just thought to myself...my god I can't see a thing. My eyes have never been perfect but now they're getting worse

Bollocks. If you can't see well in a pissing lecture room, saying you have 20/20 vision = Bullshit.

Cause a multi car pileup and use the "The woman recommended I just sit closer to the front in lectures rather than get glasses lmao" excuse. See how far if gets you.

Bullshit.

Bollocks. If you can't see well in a pissing lecture room, saying you have 20/20 vision = Bullshit.

Cause a multi car pileup and use the "The woman recommended I just sit closer to the front in lectures rather than get glasses lmao" excuse. See how far if gets you.

Haha....aaannndd what's gotten up your arse? Not my fault my eyes are like 19.5 and 19.75. Either that or the woman did the test wrong.

I think someone needs to go and relieve some tension.

lol specsavers.

Anyway I don't believe in glasses - sounds silly, I know. Na really I have glasses (cost me £100) WHAT a waste of money, I never wear them. Anyway I believe that in the long run your eyes will only get worse with glasses, as you wear them constantly your brain will become lazy and more acostomed with the glasses meaning it will rely on them alot more. IF you are going to wear glasses then I suggest only wearing them when you really, really need them and not 24/7.

But that doesn't matter because I'm not answering your question at all lol. My glasses are "Jai Kudos" very sauve and sophisticated which suites me perfectly haha and it cost me £100. They look nice, I can't see myself having different glasses but I feel like shit when I think of the £100 haha

I got some glasses a month or two back when I started Uni. I had the same problem, couldn't see the board (I only ever use them at Uni, my prescription was that slight). Luckily I'm still 18 and in full time education and got my glasses for under half price. Still cost me £110, I did chose FCUK frames though. I got them from D&A, but got my eyes tested at boots.

lol specsavers.

Anyway I believe that in the long run your eyes will only get worse with glasses, as you wear them constantly your brain will become lazy and more acostomed with the glasses meaning it will rely on them alot more.

I think that too, thats why ive put off going fo 3 year.

Like i said in my other post i look a arse in all glasses i try on, so i wouldnt be bursting at the chance to wear them anyway. It is just reading far away that does me, im not struggling to make out objects or anything.

lol specsavers.

Anyway I don't believe in glasses - sounds silly, I know. Na really I have glasses (cost me £100) WHAT a waste of money, I never wear them. Anyway I believe that in the long run your eyes will only get worse with glasses, as you wear them constantly your brain will become lazy and more acostomed with the glasses meaning it will rely on them alot more. IF you are going to wear glasses then I suggest only wearing them when you really, really need them and not 24/7.

It depends on whats wrong with your eyes really. In my case being neither massively long or short sighted I have to wear glasses all the time otherwise I get vision blurring and ocasional double vision (because of my squint). Whereas the glasses make my eyes stronger over time.

I went to the optitions today (finally made the effort), and yep, im shortsighted. Got some £100 glasses which actually suite my face....now i realise how crappy my vision was.

(sorry for kicking up the thread again)

I just ordered some new glasses today. Came in at about £200 as I have about -6 short-sightedness in each eye so my lenses would be mega thick if I didn't get the thin ones.

I used to wear contact lenses (for about 4 years) but I wore them too much (every day of the week for about 15 hours) and the optician said that my eyes had started growing new blood vessels to cope with that. I may go for the laser surgery in the future but for now glasses are fine.

I think that too, thats why ive put off going fo 3 year.

Like i said in my other post i look a arse in all glasses i try on, so i wouldnt be bursting at the chance to wear them anyway. It is just reading far away that does me, im not struggling to make out objects or anything.

i put it off for about 5 - 6 years, then i went, and they said, few years earlier it could of been repairable, now iv got shit eyes for rest of my life, bear in mind i was only about 7 wen i was first told to wear them, If i got told this now, id be straight down their.

Wow, you guys spend a lot on glasses. I usually just steal mine from the kid's changing rooms at the local swimming pool when they're all in the water. It's a fucking goldmine in there. Plenty of pairs to try out before a daring escape.

I miss my glasses, I really need to get a new pair....my eyes hurt after a while on the PC.

Wow, you guys spend a lot on glasses.

I just get free ones from Specsavers. I've never spent any money on glasses.

I just ordered some new glasses today. Came in at about £200 as I have about -6 short-sightedness in each eye so my lenses would be mega thick if I didn't get the thin ones.

Arrived today. They feel weird.

photos449xn7.jpg

I want a pair of glasses. Which pair do you reckon would suit me?

Also, shy timid girls that wear glasses turn me the fuck on.

So yeah, when can i be a 4 eyes.

Sign in to follow this