NEurope
Cube

The end of a console's life - Not all that bad.

So, the GameCube is at an end of it's life, virtually no new games, nowhere sells much stuff for it, and so you may as well forget about it, and wait for the Wii.

But actually, there's one great thing about the end of the GameCube's life: Cheap games. Sure, there may be no new games, but how many people have got every good/great game on the console? I, myself, due to money, missed out on a load of graphics, that I've only just bought recently. Now, for the price of one game, you can get quite a lot of good games.

People complain about a lack of support for the GameCube's end of life. I say it's a good thing: No support means no shops stock new material, which reduces the price in games. I see nothing new as a great thing: You just have to get what you missed.

The bonus thing is that you can still carry on with these games when you get the Wii.

(Games I've got recently: Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Battalion Wars, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Viewtiful Joe, SpiderMan 2, Billy Hatcher and Soul Calibur 2)

Is anyone else living out the great games they missed?

Yeah I agree with this you can get games dead cheap now, I recently bought Enternal Darkness, and hope to buy Wave Race Blue Storm. I've found that ebay is an excelent source for cheap games, and would'nt mind getting a fourth controller if I see one.

:sad::weep::cry: *insert bagpipe playing smily here* :cry::weep::sad:

_____________[__+__] (<- cofin)

this post being about the cube diying not about the cheap games

" GameCube is at an end of it's life, virtually no new games, nowhere sells much stuff for it"

That was like 2003-2004. The Dreamcast currently has twice the shelf space at my local Gamestation. I havent been able to find GameCube games at my local Game for months now...Maybe they are there somewhere but couldnt find them after a very good look.

I still play so many GC games and need more to complete my collection, so my GC is still alive. Heck, even my NES is.

well I've 'recently' bought viewtiful joe and pikmin although I've already rented/borrowed and completed both. Also bought splinter cell 2, XIII, 007 nightfire, second sight, beyond good & evil, enter the matrix, billy hatcher and freedom fighters.

Want to get resident evil 2 and 3 but they're no cheaper than when they came out.

Also on my list; pikmin 2, ikaruga, geist, timesplitters future perfect, hitman 2, killer7, paper mario 2, prince of persia trio, wario ware. Yatta!

I got Donkey Konga with a bongo (7.99 mint in GS) at the start of September, and Star Fox Adventures (3.99, GAME) yesterday.

My gamecube died 2 days ago after a lengthy symphonia session. All attempts to save it through surgery have failed. I guess I'll have to bury it. Or donate it to my uni.

I know I said I wanted wave race, but since this thread started I've thought of so many more games I want now, and seeing that collection just makes me want more. But sadly even know there cheap, there are so many and im saving up for a Wii at the moment so think my gamecube will live on a few more years yet.

I don't have much to collect anymore:

pelitva0.jpg

68 games. :)

Im pretty much the same. I have around 85-90 games and the only ones left that im after are Mario Baseball which goes for crazy prices on ebay, Ikaruga, Monkey Ball 2, PSO3 and Naruto 3 Jap Import.

Just noticed you also got the Megaman X Collection and Kurin Squash, this man has good taste.

Im pretty much the same. I have around 85-90 games and the only ones left that im after are Mario Baseball which goes for crazy prices on ebay, Ikaruga, Monkey Ball 2, PSO3 and Naruto 3 Jap Import.

I'm still considering buying Alien Hominid, Chibi-Robo, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Ikaruga, Luigi's Mansion, Odama and Wario Land,

I'm still considering buying Alien Hominid, Chibi-Robo, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Ikaruga, Luigi's Mansion, Odama and Wario Land,

I highly recommend that everybody picks up Chibi-Robo as its such a fantastic and often overlooked game.

There are still some games I want (I like, only have about ten GC games, so of course I missed out on a ton), but I don't know of any place here where I can buy them cheap. New or pre-owned. =(

*still wants games like Pikmin 1 and 2, and other ones that she probably just can't think of right now*

There are still some games I want (I like, only have about ten GC games, so of course I missed out on a ton), but I don't know of any place here where I can buy them cheap. New or pre-owned. =(

*still wants games like Pikmin 1 and 2, and other ones that she probably just can't think of right now*

You definitely need to get the Pikmin games! Can't you get them off ebay or something and then have them shipped to you?

As for games I want, I want to get Soul Calibur II again for when the Wii is released, because I absolutely love it on DC but I actually prefer to use the Gamecube pad for it. With there being sod all beat em ups about on 360 or Wii I'm going to have to find out this little gem.

Oh, and yes, everyone should own Chibi Robo despite it having rubbish graphics, and generally looking really crap. because it's actually really good. I played it loads in the first few days I got it and finished it straight away which is unusual for me.

Consoles never die!

And yeah i've been trying to get a few on the cheap but it's pretty hard. I mainly want Fire Emblem but I can't get it for under £25. I also want:

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

DK Jungle Beat

Killer 7

pelitva0.jpg

I have about the same number of games. Heheh...Quite a few different ones though, though it's harder to tell with all those US & Jap boxarts in that pic :heh:

Shouldn't 1080 be at the start of your list? ;)

The games I've really enjoyed, that I bought recently are XIII & Rebel Strike. (about £5 each)

I hope to add Rogue Leader, Resi 3, Resi CV:X, Chibi Robo and possibly quite a few more (depending on what the Wii brings). I reckon my collection will end up around 75.

Oh, and yes, everyone should own Chibi Robo despite it having rubbish graphics, and generally looking really crap. because it's actually really good. I played it loads in the first few days I got it and finished it straight away which is unusual for me.

I was the same, I finished the game in 2 days as I was hooked on it. I personally didnt think the graphics were that bad, especially the reflections on the floors and Chibi. What makes this game such a joy to play is the music and sound effects. The little sounds make when Chibi walks across different surfaces is awesome.

pelitva0.jpg

Nintendo Puzzle Collection instantly gives you 100 bonus points. Panel De Pon FTW!

You can pick up a copy of 1080 avalanch for full price here in NZ. The system is dead here but the prises are still in full swing.

Hate the world.

I recently got Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut, Star Fox Assault, Viewtiful Joe 2 and today I got the ultra-rare Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I thought it proper to give my GameCube a proper send-off with some top-notch titles.

:awesome:

pelitva0.jpg

Hmm... needs more Ikaruga!

I've been looking at that pic trying to spot a game that you didn't have that I did! Wario World!

I might have to buy Chibi-Robo. I haven't bought a GameCube game for ages but I do have loads (about 45+ games). Still got some I need to complete but I'm not really sure if I can be bothered.