NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

IGN Weekly 30 with 10mins of Wii interface direct feed!

ooo like that option for HDTV. Definitely getting a component cable now for my HDTV. Watched the vid, and the discs going into the slot, looks seamless. nice and smooth

yeah this got me wondering. Is it technically possible for the Wii to do HD? As far as I understand the 360 renders everything internally as HD regardless of whether u have a HDTV or not then downgrades it accordingly?

Could there be a possibilty of some kind of add one being created that would enable HD? Like render supported games in HD?

I am completely speculating here and admit I don't really know whether its even possible/plausiable just asking.

PioRow One worrying feature was the fact that the guy indicated it was hard to get the component cable and the wii he was using was run through composit as the 480p option was greyed out.

This is in america because you can only get them online for some crazy reason.

I'm sure we will be able to atleast get 3rd party tho as a last resort.

One thing worth noting was that when he was looking at the save files it said next to Tramua Center the number 2, maybe this is number of blocks? wonder how many blocks we get on the Wii's flash memory?

For the person wanting to know about hard drives and the like being able to be used - Nintendo has confirmed this to be no.

The only way to upgrade the memory of the Wii is through SD cards

i wish they had gone onto the data management settins i want to know how it works with the sds memory sticks and internal data

only 48 channels that means less than 48 vc games per storage device. even if you have an 8 gig sd :(

yeah this got me wondering. Is it technically possible for the Wii to do HD? As far as I understand the 360 renders everything internally as HD regardless of whether u have a HDTV or not then downgrades it accordingly?

Could there be a possibilty of some kind of add one being created that would enable HD? Like render supported games in HD?

I am completely speculating here and admit I don't really know whether its even possible/plausiable just asking.

I dont think Nintendo would want to so early in the Wii's life. But didnt Shigsy say something about adding HD to the wii later on, like in 5 years or something.

The HD option is only for it to be seen in 480p, while the normal ones are 480i. If it looks better then hell yes!!Mario Galaxy looks gorgeous in those screens, it'lll look like that in my room........*drool*

I dont think Nintendo would want to so early in the Wii's life. But didnt Shigsy say something about adding HD to the wii later on, like in 5 years or something.

The HD option is only for it to be seen in 480p, while the normal ones are 480i. If it looks better then hell yes!!Mario Galaxy looks gorgeous in those screens, it'lll look like that in my room........*drool*

But then it'll wreck the name of nintendos new home console after the wii.

Wii:HD

HD is actually impossible for the Wii as (assuming the Wii resembles the Cube) the Wii's GPU has only so much memory for so much pixels on the screen. 480p widescreen is an inch away from its maximum already, so no cable can make it go HD.

i wish they had gone onto the data management settins i want to know how it works with the sds memory sticks and internal data

only 48 channels that means less than 48 vc games per storage device. even if you have an 8 gig sd :(

There is an infinite amount of channels to use up.

There is an infinite amount of channels to use up.

Yeah thats what i thought anyway... and if you buy and download a VC game and delete it from your Wii... the game is still yours and you can still download it again from the net as it still knows that you have brought it.

Cool looks good, good thing you have a single code for online, which means you can have your own non-unique name to play under.

Also, Gears of War looks good to say the least...

Ahhhhhhhh Gears of War can't wait assuming i get the game the day before release like I usually do it will be Wii in the morning at bluewater then dart home to play Gears what a day!!!

This is in america because you can only get them online for some crazy reason.

I'm sure we will be able to atleast get 3rd party tho as a last resort.

The reason I am worried is that I am getting a USA console from my local import shop. If the component cables are hard to come by then either I wont be able to get one or it will be stupid money.

Also if its hard to get in the USA it will be even harder to get over here.

They mention "good luck finding [component cables] which makes me wonder if they're going to have them available for launch. I hope so, or even a VGA cable would be great.

Ahhhhhhhh Gears of War can't wait assuming i get the game the day before release like I usually do it will be Wii in the morning at bluewater then dart home to play Gears what a day!!!

I assume you mean the fusion tour not the actual release day

Larger storage solutions are a must. :wtf:

I think a 2 GB SD card should do the trick.

Not to mention 4 or 8.. Which I believe I have seen. And they'll probably make a 16 one soon (if they haven't yet), seing as the rate at which they're churning out these things.

Not to mention 4 or 8.. Which I believe I have seen. And they'll probably make a 16 one soon (if they haven't yet),

Which, at the moment, are either HCSD Cards (High Capacity Secure Digital) or non-industry standard, and may not work with the Wii. Wait for some american to find out before buying above 2GB (same with the "High Speed" ones)

Ah, right, I wasn't sure about them really, I just knew I'd seen them somewhere. I'd say it's pretty likely non-standard SD cards will work though.. Unless Nintendo have crapped up the SD card reader for some reason.

Or maybe I'm wrong and very few things support them. I don't really know much about SD cards, as I don't use them much (apart from a SD Micro card for my phone).

HD is actually impossible for the Wii as (assuming the Wii resembles the Cube) the Wii's GPU has only so much memory for so much pixels on the screen. 480p widescreen is an inch away from its maximum already, so no cable can make it go HD.

I wasn't thinking a cable I was thinking some kind of hardware add, similar to the N64 expanision pack, in the USB ports? i know that would obviously affect the consoles look, but was just wondering.

When did they say that each VC game would take up a channel space? I would think that there's probably just one channel for the VC and then a games browser from within that.

I would assume that the 48 channels that are there by default are only the ones on the 512 MB internal Wii memory, and then there will be added more channels when a SD card is inserted.

I might be wrong, I haven't heard anything else anyway, and it seems somewhat likely.

I wasn't thinking a cable I was thinking some kind of hardware add, similar to the N64 expanision pack, in the USB ports? i know that would obviously affect the consoles look, but was just wondering.

Nah, USB ports are way too slow to support HD output, but then again so is the Wii. I'm loving the idea of an HD Wii, but it's sheer impossible for it to happen.

I think the Wii Channels are customisable. You should be able to select what are the active channels from the channels you have access to.

Nah, USB ports are way too slow to support HD output, but then again so is the Wii. I'm loving the idea of an HD Wii, but it's sheer impossible for it to happen.

as well was just a pipe dream, ,maybe one day in the far future we will see one

They mention "good luck finding [component cables] which makes me wonder if they're going to have them available for launch. I hope so, or even a VGA cable would be great.

Eurogamer has reported that Component cables will be availible "through the normal retail channels"

I think amazon have them online to order for under £20

I do like the Wii interface, but it looks so gigantic to me. Anyone had the same feeling when Matt showed it off that it lacks 'details'? To me it felt like gigantic buttons (wich is obvious) lacking texture and true emboss. Have to see it with my own eyes and no internet between it to give the final opinion, though. And for those channels: each VC game appears as a channel, but you can delete and download them again. One thing, don't break your Wii because all your VC games will be lost and cannot be redownloaded (All payments are connected to your Wii Console, not your 'account).

Why hasn't Nintendo gone for accounts + stars systems anyway? I liked the idea of using my worthless stars for something usefull...

Sign in to follow this