NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Wii Adverts

It would be wise if they got the adverts on prime time on ITV, on Coronation Street and I'm a Celebrity. The number of viewers of them is ridiculously high.

Yeah, but ads are therefore ridiculously expensive! I think the shows they're picking to advertise around are the best for the people who they're trying to appeal to.

ITV is actually losing a lot of money at the moment, the advertising market is weak and to stay alive they have to have those stupid quiz shows running all night.

Literally those quiz shows where idiots phone up and give stupid answers are keeping the lights on at ITV.

Perhaps they should have learnt that people want to watch a film at that kind of night.. or at least something vaguely stimulating. Not 'ITV night screen'

Anyway.. advertising on Corrie shouldn't cost much, but I think Nintendo would have more luck hitting the same people on the 10am-6pm Channel 4 slots.

Saw the same advert again during the UEFA Cup Highlights on channel 5 last night.. around 11.45..

..and I really hate all those quiz shows

i really like the tv adverts. plain and simple ans too the point. nintendo rule and there def gettin better at advertisen. am i right?

Just before he left earlier to get my sister, my dad said the Wii advert where it shows the nunchuk aswella nd shows a bit of zelda was played. Im not sure what channel, but i know it was at about 3.

Good to see my dad knew what the game was aswell.

Nickelodeon are showing Zelda ads almost every advert break. Put on replay for the break at 7.15 approx.

I've seen the Wii advert quite a lot now, E4 seem to show it at regular intervals.

However I have not yet seen the zelda advert.

The Zelda advert starts with the Wii logo and the loading thing circling it, and it starts off with the music that plays when you solve a puzzle and a door opens (diddle doo doo dee dee dee dee doo!). Then in both I've seen theres a bit that show the guy using the Wiimote and Nunchuk to fight the Darknut for a while, then it shows the menu screen and TP logo.

The second ad shows horseback fighting, archery, and the large boar attacking the village.

Man, what the hell, i saw the advert from cubed3 of zelda

What a crappy ad. Sorry

Heres how you do it.

There was a much better ad on not so long ago, on channel 4. It starts off with that classic Zelda "jingle." (the one when you figure out a puzzle).

Immense. Thats the only word for it.

I haven't seen a single ad yet on tv here. =/

Maybe I'm just not looking at the right channels or at the right times... or maybe there's just no ads at all. Which wouldn't surprise me.

Saw the Wii sports ad on ITV! It's great! And I just saw the Zelda one on youtube, and personally I think its really ideal for a tv advert. NOE is getting this right!

That's the one! :D

Of course, its much better when you see it on the telly.

Thats the one I saw when I was at the gym today (yesterday).....I saw it twice mainly because I heard that Zelda jingle which got my attention in the first place. :D

Thats the one I saw when I was at the gym today (yesterday).....I saw it twice mainly because I heard that Zelda jingle which got my attention in the first place. :D

I was talking to Conor on MSN, and when we heard the jingle we were both typing "OMG!"

It just captures your attention straight away. You know what it is from the first few seconds. Great plot. :)

Did anyone see a different advert that showed the guy playing actually using the wiimote to fish? Would like a URL to that vid if anyone has it...

Is there three adverts? I saw the two yesterday that I described, but the fishing one?

Still haven't seen the Wii adverts at all. Maybe I need to watch more telly , although I did see the Zelda one last night.

Saw a Wii:Sports one, on ITV during 'I'm A Celeb....'.

Thats the way to do it Nintendo!

Theres no doubt in my mind that Nintendo has already out-done their Gamecube advertisment in a matter of days. It's literally everywhere, so everyone is informed and EVERYONE can enjoy the wii together happily!