NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Wii Adverts

That makes absolutly no sense, especially since MSN messenger is a product by Microsoft. You would have thought the last thing they would be doing would be advertising the Wii on their services.

they basically independent divisions in microsoft. You wouldnt think a big company could use its monopoly to dominate teh world do you? ;)

Now that you mention ive just seen it on MSN. I hardly go on it, but loads of poeple i know go on it, good advertising there.

For anyone not desperate to watch an episode of Hollyoaks on E4... here's the first

UK Wii TV SPOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7s1PUfje4Q

Oh man im having to convince my parents to buy a Wii. That advert is just embarrising. I guess it could be worse. I just dont like the voiceover I think.

I hope the UK ad is building to soemthing better, cause frankly, I reckon it's crap! It showed nothing at all.

I hope the UK ad is building to soemthing better, cause frankly, I reckon it's crap! It showed nothing at all.

we are much further from launch. I will come. Though, if its going to sell out here , them nmught not need adverts yet

Yeah, it's basically the sme as the Jap one. So hopefully they'll do all the other JAP ones too. The first one will definitely start people thinking though.

The UK Ad is the same as the Japanese ads. That means that they will get more exciting. They basically show off what kinds of control you can use. Check out the Wii Website to see vids.

Well, I saw the advert for Gears of War last night on channel 4 during Lord of the Rings, wow is all I can say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcc-ERAEwA

I just thought this was amazing, I really hope Wii can have such evocotive ads.

Saw it too, absolutely fantastic advert! really bloody good!

Seems like NOE kidnapped the lady who does the voice for the M&S adverts and forced her to be apart of the Wii Advert.

Saw it too, absolutely fantastic advert! really bloody good!

Seems like NOE kidnapped the lady who does the voice for the M&S adverts and forced her to be apart of the Wii Advert.

HAHAHA, yeah it does sound like an M&S advert.

I think they should do a Zelda advert like this with a massive orchestral score like the one from the original trailer when it was first unveiled.

HAHAHA, yeah it does sound like an M&S advert.

I think they should do a Zelda advert like this with a massive orchestral score like the one from the original trailer when it was first unveiled.

Actually, now that you mention the original trailer... If it was updated with some differences (link being right handed in it, footage of the Wiimote and Nunchaku being used etc) that actual trailer would work sweet as an advert IMO.

I can still remember the Ocarina of Time advert... and that advert gave me such a rush of excitement to me everytime i saw it! :smile:

I saw my first Wii ads on TV last night. Whilst on Sci-Fi from 8pm onwards, I saw about 5 in the space of two hours. (9pm-11pm)

Nice and simple, I can't wait for the next wave of ads.

The second UK Wii advert has arrived

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6341/1/New_Wii_TV_Advert_Hits_UK_Screens

New Wii TV Advert Hits UK Screens

Quick News: We've just this second seen a new Wii advert. Instead of "What is this?" followed by "This is Wii", the advert asks "What can Wii do?" ending with "Wii can do anything". The 20 second advert features two Wii controllers being used in a number of ways that seem to represent Wii Sports and Orchestra. We caught it on E4+1, but let us when you see it and where!

I haven't even seen the first yet! Bit pointless moving on to the second if there are loads of other people in the UK who still haven't seen the first!

I don't like these UK ads (having watched the first on YouTube).

- They aren't shown enough on the main channels.

- If the whole gradual build-up to Wii is to work then alot of people need to be seeing them, otherwise they'll just catch 'advert 3' for example and not get it.

- The voice over is nearly as bad/annoying as the M&S adverts!

Hopefully these build-up ads wont last long and then we'll get a more traditional 30 second advert for the last 2 weeks leading up to launch; showing the Wii, the controller, games and people playing it, like the Wii sports ads!

Hopefully there will be game specific adverts as well!

Countdown/Deal or no Deal/Paul O'Grady/Simpsons/Hollyoaks tonight will be hotspots if you can stand that much TV.

I imagine that they'll get a slot in the second advert break of the Simpsons.

There was a "Wii Music" wii-mote advert berfore the Oasis concert on Channel 4 the other night!

I jsut saw the advert. The one where it's actually doing stuff, well, one of them. On E4, in between Friends

I saw that ad on the 19th whilst watching Sci-Fi. Maybe it's just not been shown that much more, as I have seen the other one more than this one.

I caught the 'What can Wii do?' Advert on abc1 this morning before I went out to uni.. much better than the first advert :heh:

It would be wise if they got the adverts on prime time on ITV, on Coronation Street and I'm a Celebrity. The number of viewers of them is ridiculously high.