Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Worldwide Advertising

raven_blade2006

Was it something like they were spending about 6 million in Europe to advertise the Wii?

They've done bugger all for advertising and the US launch is only a few weeks away now and they could fit a good few more on that webpage.Even though they havn't advertised it in the US,all the pre-orders are selling out :heh:

For the love of Buddah Nintendo please advertise your console this time round. Gamecube = Shit promotion but DS's advertising has been rather good if a little quirky. More people know about the PS3 than the wii so advertising well is crucial.

Sony is better at advertising, they always spend more money.

Thus Nintendo will struggle to get the spotlight.

However there is a special edition of Richard and Judy on the 9th of December. I e.mailed the producers and their researchers are talking about doing a Wii feature.

Richard and Judy being an area where many Touch Generations games have been marketed at the old demographic.

Wii adverts will probably be too long, poorly paced and fail to show off how the controller works. But they are sure to intrigue and inspire curiosity whatever they show. Which is probably good enough to spark some hype.

*Looks at US PS3 advert*

With decent DS adverts I've seen pasted all over Sheffield, I'd say Nintendo are getting better, and Sony are getting much, much worse

I want zeppelins in the sky with Wii written on them.. I want Wii written on the moon and the wii logo on everything moving... I want nintendo to put the Wii logo on the shirt of manchester U and Fullham.. i want them to find the Wii logo on mars right beside that "face" they already found.. oh bugger...

im going to play Gun now

*Looks at US PS3 advert*

With decent DS adverts I've seen pasted all over Sheffield, I'd say Nintendo are getting better, and Sony are getting much, much worse

I've seen a PS3 ad on the ads around a footy pitch when I was flicking through the channels too. Nintendo should just advertise everywhere: Mags, Underground, Towns, TV, Net, :heh: Most of it's going on the net though -_-

He isn't. He's being sarcastic about that horrible Sony advertising...

Can't believe those commercials succeeded, but then again they must've made people wonder. What does the 'third place' mean anyway? Were they laughing at Nintendo?

He isn't. He's being sarcastic about that horrible Sony advertising...

Can't believe those commercials succeeded, but then again they must've made people wonder. What does the 'third place' mean anyway? Were they laughing at Nintendo?

The 3rd world? 3rd rate? 3rd class post? :wtf: 3rd this gen?

Guest Stefkov
What does the 'third place' mean anyway?

God are you stupid being first or third means everything!!!!!!!! We cant all live with third place consoles in out living rooms.

It'll be against the law if we all lked nintendo they are third place.

One advert that springs to mind......Talkman! that was great wasnt it? people going out on the street and holding it up to peoples faces. yeah great advert.

Why am I on a sarcastic spurt I dont know.

I love the ds adverts, most of them short and sweet, especially on channel 4. The Tetris advert is imo quite funny. People wearing tetris blocks.

Yeah those DS lite stage ones are very original.. the New Super Mario Bros. ones aren't really very good though.

It's like "OMG YOU CAN USE THE TOUCH SCREEN" when the main feature of the game is it is old school Mario.

They did have some normal adverts as well though with a guy sitting on a sofa enjoying it.

Nintendo advertises quite a lot with Future publishing (FHM springs to mind) but viral marketing is king now.. they should just do some edgey sexy Nintendo viral adverts with the Wii mote akin to the old Channel 4 ones.

Where random women would say "Can I touch it" then leaning over to the croth of this guy with a DS.

SUICIDEDDDDDDDDDDDD

pspadjump.jpg

Silly Sony.

Nono nothing to do with Nintendo. Rather the "Third Place" ad campaign was a glimpse of the future, where Sony hugely delay all their consoles in Europe. You see, after Japan and America, we are the Third Place...