NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Do you think he's biased???

He is the same person who got fired from Joystiq for the hype Wii news at 1am aka the IBM manufacturing CPUs thing.

What do you get by doing this?

By putting an opinion out? I would have thought that was the point of forums. Not to fall in line and post utterly retarded comments.

By putting an opinion out? I would have thought that was the point of forums. Not to fall in line and post utterly retarded comments.

Yes we get it, we are all fanboys.

Edit:

hot pic

Sorry substeinar, she has to be asian (preferably japanese).

Yes we get it, we are all fanboys.

I'm not saying that at all. I certainly never meant to insinuate you were one. Neither are most posters in this thread. Just the odd couple.

Saying someone is stupid because of a difference of opinion is well... just :shakehead

EDIT- Looking back, I have come across as horribly angry, which i'm not :) Sorry if I caused any offence or owt.

It doesn't uppset me, it's just that calling fanboys in a nintendo forum is a bit redundant. They do get a bit extremist.

i guess you would be a fanman then :laughing:

how do we know your not lying :laughing:

Cuase i aint a sad little boy :laughing:

I'm with Caris here, I mean the guys got a point, even though he writes like he's never seen a newspaper before. The Wii will sell great at first, but in a few years it'll look last gen, while the 360 and PS3 ride the price drops. I have no doubt the Wii will be awesome, but I think its selling potential is short term.

I'm with Caris here, I mean the guys got a point, even though he writes like he's never seen a newspaper before. The Wii will sell great at first, but in a few years it'll look last gen, while the 360 and PS3 ride the price drops. I have no doubt the Wii will be awesome, but I think its selling potential is short term.

Maybe they're planning on launching a new console in 2 years. Unlike PS3's 10 year liftime (acording to sony).

Maybe they're planning on launching a new console in 2 years. Unlike PS3's 10 year liftime (acording to sony).

You know its wierd, I was just thinking that. Okay idea, imagine bringing out a new version of the Wii, say in another 2/3 years, like they did with the GBA SP, but its HD ready, and has improved horsepower. You could use the same controllers/account/games, but it would jut be slightly more powerful. The components would be cheaper and many more would have HD TVs. Plausible?

You're up a little late aren't you Shino?

You know its wierd, I was just thinking that. Okay idea, imagine bringing out a new version of the Wii, say in another 2/3 years, like they did with the GBA SP, but its HD ready, and has improved horsepower. You could use the same controllers/account/games, but it would jut be slightly more powerful. The components would be cheaper and many more would have HD TVs. Plausible?

You're up a little late aren't you Shino?

That's not only plausible, it's probable. It's the perfect solution.

And yes I'm way past my "bed time", but it's not like I have something to do.

This is why Nintendo aren't going to release Wii in black at launch.

Expect the Onyx Wii 1.5 with greater horsepower, increased flash memory and other minor tweaks for a SRP of $249US in 2008 while the original inferior Wii will retail for something like $179US after price drops to compete with the other two consoles.

Label me a fanboy if you want, but that guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Nintendo make a profit. On everything. They are constantly making money. In contrast, Microsoft and Sony lose out with every unit they sell, relying on revenue from licensing and other supplemental sources to even the odds. If anyone was to fold this generation, it wouldn't be Nintendo — Sony would be the prime candidate, unless Microsoft decided its Trojan horse had been sniffed out.

But I've nothing else to do at this time in the morning, so why not break it down by paragraphs?

"Nintendo has always been content with just sticking in there and hitting their niche market — mainly kids and hardcore fanboys." And this is unlike Sony and Microsoft how exactly? Oh, wait, of course, that's exactly what they're doing. My mistake. By the way Mr. Summa, you might want to read up on the Wii and DS, as they're actually focused on bringing new potential gamers into the fold and expanding the market. Ta.

Hmm, seems he doesn't think that a graphically inferior machine can survive in today's market. Shame that. Still, at least the Nintendo DS has the handheld market locked down against Sony's more powerful PSP. Oh, wait...

Ah, he's right, they are different markets. Silly me for jumping to conclusions. I mean it isn't like the PS2 is outselling the Xbox 360 a year after Microsoft's machine's release, is it?

Average consumer? Like all the ones who bought Madden 2007, the annual cashcow of the US, on their PS2s instead of buying the shinier, more lustrous Xbox 360 version?

Hmm, he's right, that could be the case. Maybe he should become an analyst instead of a journalist? I mean he's clearly no good at the latter, and analysts get paid inordinate amounts of money for attempting to pin the tail on the hoverboard-riding, pill-meal-popping, hypothetical donkey.

Wait, has he gone from predicting the future to prescribing it? I think he has. Still, at least he recognises that Nintendo are going to be well off financially, and at the very least they'll still hold their core audience which kept both the N64 and 'Cube alive pretty well.

Wait, what? Where did that come from? Generally journalists back up their claims, Mr. Summa, or at least end at a logical conclusion. I mean you just said Nintendo would be perfectly happy even if they were third place, so why would they exit the console business? I don't think he's thought this through, really. I mean I'm getting the impression he just chewed up a forum post and regurgitated its contents so he could make a quick buck. For shame, Mr. Summa.

But seriously, I'm not saying the Wii is a guaranteed success, but whilst this 'journalist' might turn out to be correct it's through no fault of his own as throughout that article he tried his best to ignore all the facts and contradict himself.

In conclusion then, the Wii is not preordained to be a success, but this article is utterly worthless. As was the expenditure of my time on this post. Bugger.

I thought your care level was dangerously low? Maybe my fanboy comment hit home ;)

And yeah, people who write about games professionally normaly know more than blind fanboys :laughing:

People who end up writing about games in the mainstream media usually know less than your average housewife - The biggest selling UK newspaper's "professional games journalists" were telling me about how well Animal Crossing: Wild World on the PS2 was doing in the charts the other week.

Does anybody know how many units of Xbox 360 has been sold?

How much of a head start do they have?

who cares... i just want the frigging wii and play some games and have fun..

but ok.. this is what we do while waiting for the damn machine

Does anybody know how many units of Xbox 360 has been sold?

Let see....

Microsoft said during their Leipzig press conference that Xbox 360 has sold 1.3 million units in whole Europe. NPD says that Xbox 360 has sold 2.672.710 units in USA so far. NPD's numbers don't include Wal-Mart, so it's fairly safe to say Xbox 360's is around 4.6 million mark worldwide.

After reading that it's really obvious that he has no clue. As you can see from the first two replies to his article he's been getting some actual criticism rather than just 'blind fanboy devotion', yet he'd rather stay in his sugar-coated reality where whatever he says is right and anyone that disagrees with him is just a fanboy with no real opinion. He really does come across as a pretentious arse.

I don't know what to think of this article. It's way to harsh though. He can't predict the future like his doing.

Europes market is VERY unpredictable. I thought because of the success of the PS2, the PSP would outsell DS 3:1, but it's the other way round. I'm sure the Wii will be the top console in Europe IF Nintendo doesn't feck-up the game releases like it did with the Gamecube and now it's doing with the DS.

It's obvious the Wii will sell more then the GC, i'm sure of that. Everything else where sale figures are concerned, we just have to wait and see!

Over to you Nintendo, good luck.

The thing is hes right.

I LOVE Nintendo, but i have a bad feeling about the Wii, hes not biased cuase he applauded Nintendo alot, but what he said makes sense.

HD-TV so fuck, its not everything...

Yet.

In a few more years time alot more people will Have HD-TV's and that brings the PS3 and 360 higher up genneral games, and i just think the novelty of the joypad will wear off quick and just become annoying, and again going with the HD-TV issue HD-DVD and Blue Ray have just came out so thats another thing that will take time to affect the Wii.

Short term A-ok, Long term i couldnt say...

Yep your right caris, as everyone from the north of england is.

Short term will be very much like the golden age of nintendo, then the gold will turn into fools gold and we'll be back( not so back I must remind you) to the late N64/GC scenario all over again

yeah I kind of think it will happen. Iwata said that the next console will have HD, this is sort of like the "Bait" so we can fall for the "Hook Line and Sinker". Like PS1 to PS2.

I don't know what to think of this article. It's way to harsh though. He can't predict the future like his doing.

Europes market is VERY unpredictable. I thought because of the success of the PS2, the PSP would outsell DS 3:1, but it's the other way round. I'm sure the Wii will be the top console in Europe IF Nintendo doesn't feck-up the game releases like it did with the Gamecube and now it's doing with the DS.

It's obvious the Wii will sell more then the GC, i'm sure of that. Everything else where sale figures are concerned, we just have to wait and see!

Over to you Nintendo, good luck.

The reason why nintendo is messing with DS games is the fact that off gaming websites theres loads of games that scored between 6.5 > 7.5 so they gotta try and delay them then we have translation time

He's right that it doesnt matter. 3rd place is a subjective term and its not new territory for them.

Not only do they survive in 3rd, they thrive in it.

( not so back I must remind you) to the late N64/GC scenario all over again

man the GC would've been #1 had the N64 played disks instead of cartridges. Its the reason why companys didn't make much games for their system, CDs are cheaper to make than cartridges.

Sign in to follow this