Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

VC European Misery Rumour

dazzi

I was speaking to my bro yesterday (ohio) and he said theres a rumour going about, about the european VC games. He said apparently why there is only 15 games on launch for europe is because not only are the games region locked but nintendo has decided that only the consoles released in your country will u see the VC games for.

Simply this means if you live in the US/JAP your fine but yet again nintendo has thrown another shovel of shit on the euorpean's, as the MSX and PC Engine did'nt hit their shores it means only NES, SNES and N64 games will be availible,

So not only are we paying more than the rest of the world, we wait longer as usual (and sometimes don't even get the games!) and now we miss out on a potentially huge back catalog of excellent games. I suppose the only way around it is to import a US/JAP machine as I asume the only way they can regional lock the games and terrorties is via a regristration scheme like the PSP.

I'm not sure wether this is old news to u lot but as an american living in the UK this is a big shiny nintendo boot in my bollox lol

Anyway I looked on the officail wii sites and the rumor seems to be truth - bummer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG Nintendo, this makes me angry enough to want to shove a cactus up your collective asses, what the fuck are you thinking? I want Chrono Trigger, and I want the original Metal Gears, is that too fucking much to ask for? Well is it you stupid fucks??? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

US/JAP get 30 we get 15 and no MSX nor PC engine stuff, unless u have or played these consoles you won't realise what a shitload of classic games we miss out on. Not to mention the JAP/US only NES,SNES +N64 games we won't get either

it should all be region free so anyone can download any game from anywhere but as usual nintendo love to mess things up

roll on the piss poor UK ad campaign

OMFG Nintendo, this makes me angry enough to want to shove a cactus up your collective asses, what the fuck are you thinking? I want Chrono Trigger, and I want the original Metal Gears, is that too fucking much to ask for? Well is it you stupid fucks??? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Virtual Consoles Potential Revenue: $10,000,000US+

ACTUAL Virtual Console Revenue: $1US

so the genisis and turbografix 16 never made it to europe.

actualy it wont work importing either the vc server will check where your internet conection is coming from so the only way you can get the games is to import the console and bring it to where you imported it from (jp or north america) to get the games then go back to europe.

i'll be buying way more than 1$ US of vc games

Well, I'm not jumping to conclusions yet, since there is still so much that hasn't been finalised, but if we only get Nintendo consoles and the MegaDrive and/or Master System (MS isn't on Nintendo Europe's VC page), then that's pretty poor in comparison to US/JP.

Ah well. At least we still get all that Nintendo history - I hope NOE put some effort into releasing games like Chrono Trigger and Sin and Punishment.

Just download the roms. Jesus, this continually unnecessary bitching is making my head hurt. If you really wanted to play these games you'd have imported/downloaded them by now.

Plus if you're really angry at Nintendo, downloading the roms of the games you desire will serve a beautiful double-purpose. To play but not pay.

as the MSX and PC Engine did'nt

Wrong, utterly wrong. Why you people can never check their "facts" before posting? Is that so hard? Or are you just crying for attention by spreading false information? I'm so fucking tired of this baseless rumour mongering that spreads around net, especially when it gets mixed with real information and known facts.

But to correct you. Both MSX and PC-Engine were published in Europe. PCE's European name was Turbographx (notice no "16"), and you could buy it in (at least) France, Great-Britain and Germany. But because it was released in small quantities, it's extremely rare these days. MSX was, in other hand, relatively popular computer during its heyday, though it was never so popular as C64.

I was speaking to my bro yesterday (ohio) and he said theres a rumour going about, about the european VC games. He said apparently why there is only 15 games on launch for europe is because not only are the games region locked but nintendo has decided that only the consoles released in your country will u see the VC games for.

Simply this means if you live in the US/JAP your fine but yet again nintendo has thrown another shovel of shit on the euorpean's, as the MSX and PC Engine did'nt hit their shores it means only NES, SNES and N64 games will be availible,

So not only are we paying more than the rest of the world, we wait longer as usual (and sometimes don't even get the games!) and now we miss out on a potentially huge back catalog of excellent games. I suppose the only way around it is to import a US/JAP machine as I asume the only way they can regional lock the games and terrorties is via a regristration scheme like the PSP.

I'm not sure wether this is old news to u lot but as an american living in the UK this is a big shiny nintendo boot in my bollox lol

Anyway I looked on the officail wii sites and the rumor seems to be truth - bummer

Hense 'rumor' in the title :indeed:

Just download the roms. Jesus, this continually unnecessary bitching is making my head hurt. If you really wanted to play these games you'd have imported/downloaded them by now.

Plus if you're really angry at Nintendo, downloading the roms of the games you desire will serve a beautiful double-purpose. To play but not pay.

Agree'd. But if your unlucky son of a bitch like me, all emulators are crap for my computer as my computer is next to dead.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!