NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
raven_blade2006

Wii Is Flowing Freely!

ohh no my ebay empire comes crashing down.

Hopefully this will allow for price cuts sooner rather than later.

Sooo...If Nintendo sell, say, 10% of all their Wiis by the end of the year, they would beat the PS3 if it totally sold out?

Honestly, if they hurried up with the ad campaign, pretty much all launch games are ready so they should be able to launch it earlier..

I think im just being impatient... >.<

The more Wiis being produced = the cheaper it should be to sell!

I wish they had just released it early, I'd be happy with just 1 or 2 games to last me a few weeks.

Sorta old... The previous article confirmed that Wii production was exceeding expectations. Now this article confirms that Nintendo have now decided to double the amount of units they will have for Wii's launch in North America.

apparantly they dissasembled their stockpile of gamecubes and then reassembled (stephannie) to make a pile of wiis. They are still figuring out what to do with all those virtua-boys. Gameboy 2 no doubt.

The more Wiis being produced = the cheaper it should be to sell!

Where is the logic in that?

Where is the logic in that?

if they dont sell out nintendo will lower the price. ever heard of supply and demand?

if they dont sell out nintendo will lower the price. ever heard of supply and demand?

They wont lower the price right before Christmas, there wont be a price drop for at least 6 months, probably not until next Christmas. Nintendo wont be expecting it to sell out if there are 8 million units available before Christmas.

They wont lower the price right before Christmas, there wont be a price drop for at least 6 months, probably not until next Christmas. Nintendo wont be expecting it to sell out if there are 8 million units available before Christmas.

Yeah, agreed the price won't lower once its launched. But if they got loads stockpiled they might drop the RRP before launch like with the Gamecube. Maybe wishful thinking though

They need to get pods in the shops now! people need to see it!

nintendo are in a good place but i fear their useless marketing sector will ruin it again!

Sony's advertising/hype logic:

Sony: "Ha, ha, ha! Nintendo, you're a failure! You had stock left over, over the crucial Christmas period!"

Nintendo: "But we sold ten times more systems than you, picking up a lot of sales from people who couldn't buy a PS3."

Sony: "Yes, but you failed to get the huge headlines saying how you were sold out! You have failed to create a false demand for your system!"

All that needs to happen now is for the Wii consoles to flow freely into consumers shopping bags [after they purchase it of course, SHOPLIFTING IS WRONG PEOPLE].

Yeah, agreed the price won't lower once its launched. But if they got loads stockpiled they might drop the RRP before launch like with the Gamecube. Maybe wishful thinking though

I've got my fingers crossed that they're going to do that again, even though I'm completely happy with the £180 pricepoint as I was with the GameCube's £180 price.

Sony's advertising/hype logic:

Sony: "Ha, ha, ha! Nintendo, you're a failure! You had stock left over, over the crucial Christmas period!"

Nintendo: "But we sold ten times more systems than you, picking up a lot of sales from people who couldn't buy a PS3."

Sony: "Yes, but you failed to get the huge headlines saying how you were sold out! You have failed to create a false demand for your system!"

QFT if I don't mind saying so.. ;) Wise minds think alike, didn't steal your train of thought.

More systems for christmas is certainly good news for Ninty and I can't help but think:

"Haha Sony. No PS3 for Europe and few for the rest of the world" :laughing:

I doubt though that they will lower the price. After all they're cheap compared to the others already and people won't care too much about the price for christmas presents.

Maybe there'll be a slight pricedrop after Christmas though.

Nintendo has really learned alot post Yamauchi era... and the good news we keep hearing from Ninty can only build up our trust as consumers for the brand. I for one can really see a shining light at the end of the gaming tunnel and am really glad Nintendo had the guts to really try to change the industry, and at the end of the day the gamers ar the ones who will see the rewards of that risk. I cannot wait to play the next leap in gaming! lol

Nintendo has really learned alot post Yamauchi era... and the good news we keep hearing from Ninty can only build up our trust as consumers for the brand. I for one can really see a shining light at the end of the gaming tunnel and am really glad Nintendo had the guts to really try to change the industry, and at the end of the day the gamers ar the ones who will see the rewards of that risk. I cannot wait to play the next leap in gaming! lol

Next innovation in gaming, you the human are the controller, controllers won't be used at all. Patches are attached to you, you are simulated on the television screen, it detects real time movements more so than the WiiMote that still has limitations in full 360 degree rotation. Running would be a pain though with quite a lot of people having such limited room in being able to run around and see the television at the same time. This is where you'd probably need a wireless projector helmet where it acts as a television screen, so you could run around outside with this helmet and patches while you're playing the game. Full punch is detected with 100% precision. Every movement you make, even picking your nose is simulated on the television screen PERFECT. I don't know if they will make you actually feel physical pain if you get shot for example because it could be a serious hazard for people that have heart conditions.

Sign in to follow this