NEurope
Dante

Wii Retail Details

Looks like peoples in the retail industry are getting pretty stoked about the Wiis about to make it into their respective stores. We got our hands on the CompUSA hardware / software markup sheet for Nintendo's new console, as well as some spy pics of some Target Wii endcaps and the variety of accessories those will be stocking, as well. No, we're not that hard up for stuff on the console, but we do think that $12.50 is a pretty weak margin on the console, while, as expected, games, and accessories have a much fatter profit for retailers. Anyway, check it out (price on the left is, of course, retail; price on the right is cost):

WII CONSOLE - 249.99 / 237.50

WII REMOTE CONTROLL - 39.99 / 32.00

WII POINTS CARD - 24.99 / 17.00

WII CLASSIC CONTROLLER - 19.99 / 14.50

WII NUNCHUK CONTROLLER - 19.99 / 14.50

WII GPAK ORGANIZER&TRAVEL - 29.99 / 18.95

WII RAYMAN RAVING RABIDS - 49.99 / 41.2

WII THE LEGEND OF ZELDA:TW - 49.99 / 40.00

WII RED STEEL REVOLUTION - 49.99 / 41.22

www.engadget.com

wii_store_10.jpg

wii_store_09.jpg

wii_store_08.jpg

wii_store_07.jpg

wii_store_06.jpg

wii_store_05.jpg

wii_store_04.jpg

wii_store_03.jpg

wii_store_02.jpg

wii_store_01.jpg

wii_store_12.jpg

wii_store_11.jpg

(Edit, never mind I read it wrong) $10 is pretty good per game.

Incidently, how much is the markup for other console games?

Nice stands! Dog tags look cool.

Man if I worked there I would've stolen what I need to get my gaming on. I wouldn't care if I got fired, I'll just make a run for the border.:santa: (And I would do it in a santa hat too.)

Controller Gloves..? Interesting...

Looks like Nintendo are getting in with quick-fix controller colours in the absence of other Wii colours. They'll make the Wiimote look very unsexy, though. Still, maybe it'll protect that pristine white plastic from sweat and grime.

I thought the gloves were third party until I saw the official Nintendo badge.

Nice find, Dante. :)

BTW, writing on the side of the stand = WII SYSTEMS COMING SOON. Looks like they plan to display the accessories before the launch?

Woah cool, different covers for the Wiimotes - I only hope we get them here *cough* Gameboy Micro *cough*

And do the game prices translate to Euro as well?

50€ per game would be very nice. After all they retail for 60€ at the moment.

Man how much do I wanna run around that warehouse giggling like a maniac! :bouncy:

I'm deffo ganna get a dogtag, could work out to be a nice bit of viral advertising by Ninty.

As already mentioned in this thread a good move to release Wii Mote gloves to deter from the fact that theres only white and people want other colors, but they should also have a Wii Console glove, so people that aren't happy with the white console color could have a black looking console. I know it'd wreck thes sleekness of the console, but it also has a major advantage in that it can be used to protect the Wii when you take it with you on your travels seeing that its relatively tiny compared to the other consoles on the market.

I'm definitely going to get myself some Dog Tags and Lapel Pins, these may just sell more than some of the actual games themselves.

As already mentioned in this thread a good move to release Wii Mote gloves to deter from the fact that theres only white and people want other colors, but they should also have a Wii Console glove, so people that aren't happy with the white console color could have a black looking console. I know it'd wreck thes sleekness of the console, but it also has a major advantage in that it can be used to protect the Wii when you take it with you on your travels seeing that its relatively tiny compared to the other consoles on the market.

wii_store_07.jpg

Aren't those grey/blue and black/blue accessories a Console glove/Bag type thing?

nice i accept all except price of the nunchuck controller.50 euro doesnt sound that bad for games though

wii_store_07.jpg

Aren't those grey/blue and black/blue accessories a Console glove/Bag type thing?

Not sure, I thought that was a game case... If its there great, if not, then you'll just need to resort to using an alternative case if taking your Wii on holidays with you and color complainers will just have to accept the color of the console for which I personally don't have any issues with. Suitable color choice for their differentiation strategy with this console. NES was grey, not white.

And do the game prices translate to Euro as well?

50€ per game would be very nice. After all they retail for 60€ at the moment.

50 euro doesnt sound that bad for games though

Dont get your hopes up lads. Those prices in $$$'s will not translate to €€€'s. The manager of Game Dawson Street told me I can expect to pay €280 for the Wii console.

Im expecting to pay €60 easily for a game, and €55 for the Wii-mote/Nunchuk

Dont get your hopes up lads. Those prices in $$$'s will not translate to €€€'s. The manager of Game Dawson Street told me I can expect to pay €280 for the Wii console.

Im expecting to pay €60 easily for a game, and €55 for the Wii-mote/Nunchuk

He's wrong. NoE have confirmed that the Wii console will cost 250 euros, the games will most likely cost 60 euros, and the Wii-mote (not counting the nun-chuck) will cost around 40 euros.

Controller Gloves..? Interesting...

Looks like Nintendo are getting in with quick-fix controller colours in the absence of other Wii colours. They'll make the Wiimote look very unsexy, though. Still, maybe it'll protect that pristine white plastic from sweat and grime.

I thought the gloves were third party until I saw the official Nintendo badge.

They are third party, just officially licensed by Nintendo.

"gloves"?

Damnit I want actual black controllers and consoles, not damned accessories, damnit

*still holds out for last min surprise*