N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brain just hatched an idea. Does anyone think we might get Wii version of XBLA titles when original content is allowed to be developed?

UBISOFT INTERVIEW

GS: Does Ubisoft have plans to produce content for the Wii's Virtual Console and the PS3's PlayStation Store?

JR: Yes, we're always looking to grow our online presence and we're working on ways we can support both Nintendo's Virtual Console and the PS3's PlayStation Store.

GS: Any chance of seeing the original Myst, Prince of Persia, or Rayman make their ways to these downloadable game services?

JR: We can't reveal anything quite yet but we can say that Ubisoft will be bringing some of its popular franchises and some completely new content to Live Arcade in the future. We'll keep you posted.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6166859.html

Yesterday's American titles for the VC included:

Elevator Action - NES

Super Ghouls 'N' Ghosts - SNES

Sword of Vermillion - Mega Drive

I'm waiting for Zelda II more than Zelda 3, which I own and have finished whereas with the second one, I don't own it and have never completed it. :heh: So hurry and get it on the Virtual Console!!

You're a brave, brave man. But I like 2 better than ALTTP as the music is better and more retro. It's already out for those of you lucky enough to have VC though...

You're a brave, brave man. But I like 2 better than ALTTP as the music is better and more retro. It's already out for those of you lucky enough to have VC though...

Try and pick up a cheap wireless router mate. I'll tell you if I see any good uns.

Try and pick up a cheap wireless router mate. I'll tell you if I see any good uns.

Thanks mate. Please PM me with the name of yours and how much it costs. Is it guarenteed to work? I'm sorry, its just that I'm missing out on probarly the best feature the Wii has to offer. Zelda 2 FTW!!! When I get VC, as I have got 200 points I'm getting SM64, Kirby and Zelda2. No SNES games yet, as no classic controller.

Will PM later. I don't know the exact make, but I got it from a sale in Currys/Dixons (not sure, my parents bought it as a sign of generosity two days after my Wi-Fi broke. IT BROKE ON THE 8TH OF DECEMBER.)

Coincidence? I think not! Bet you were too pleased with your Wii to care, though. Anyway, when i went to my high street the other day, I was really shocked to find that Dixons was now Currys (or vice versa). But my voucher still works, though.

Update on the ROMS in the European Wii Shop Channel server:

- Galaga (NES)

- Ice Climber (NES)

- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES)

- Double Dungeons (Turbografx)

- Unidentified Turbografx game

Screenshots are now up for:

fffd000219e75a86ia9.pngfffd000119e7d624sn3.png53047796vg9.gif

74061947ew2.gif62284963eb7.gif15819905up5.gif

I think that five games is too much to release in one week, but at least the ones with screenshots will almost certainly be released this week.

What is that second first personie game that Mike posted up?

Elsewhere... I went and had a nosey around the Shop Channel and lo and behold, I found Zelda II. I was swift to click on the download button and added the game to my other download - the majestic Kirby.

Zelda's as good as I remember, I prefer this one to the first. I've still died a bucketful of times and didnt even finish the first level, I'll go back to it from time to time though. Its nice having those two games always on the machine and at my finger tips, its a cool option not having to get up and change discs! :hehe:

(And getting a Game Over in Zelda II presents you with Pit Jr's sig, freaky. You gotta go a long way to escape the grasp of N-E!)

StarFox 64 headed to VC

StarFox 64 has popped up on the ESRB website. Since the title is now rated, we should expect to see it on the VC sometime soon. I will sorely miss rumble in that game!

I never actually experienced it with rumble. Still, I'm looking forward to playing the Corneria level.

Ice Climber is an absolute classic title. Amazing game.

Don't get me wrong it was released around the same time as SMB so don't expect flashy graphics or a plot or anything... but still great fun and one of my favourite games in my youth ;)

Ice Climber is an absolute classic title. Amazing game.

Don't get me wrong it was released around the same time as SMB so don't expect flashy graphics or a plot or anything... but still great fun and one of my favourite games in my youth ;)

Yeah, Ice Climbers has special place in my heart also, because it was game that I got along with my NES. Small trivia... did you know that Ice Climber's FDS version featured seperate selection screen / music for mountains? :)

I think I'm gonna hold off buying any more VC games (except maybe a couple of TG-16 games) since I can't play most of them right now (all I get is a black screen). Ever since I use the official component cable I've been unable to play SNES and NES games. Until last week Megadrive games were also an option, since I was able to play them just fine, but I ended up buying Streets of Rage and Comix Zone only for them to not work with my TV.

I really don't get it why Nintendo keeps ignoring the problem... :hmm:

Have you tried pressing the Home-Button on the Wiimote after starting a game?

Btw.: The problem is maybe not even related to Nintendo but just that those games might output a resolution that your TV doesn't support over component (too low). Although I still don't guess what difference it makes if you press the Home-Button or not (because at least for me after pressing the Home-Button the game works fine before I sometimes get a black screen - but I believe only if the game is resumed instead from started from the beginning).