N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

Just read a bit of news on VC-Reviews regarding Square-Enix and their stance on the VC.

We’re definitely looking into all the other download mediums. We don’t think the games and the IP that we have have lost value yet, so we haven’t decided if releasing them on VC is the best idea.

It’s a matter of the package — which is downloading. You look at a game, and you have to decide whether it will be better to be sold in a retail store, or if it will be better for download.

We’re making that decision carefully for each of the games that we have. It comes down to the games that we think we could make a good remake of haven’t been on VC yet.

So that's a definite maybe.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone actually checked out Star Parodier? I just had a look at it on Youtube and it looks hot! When I get some Wii points (which will be when I get some free space) Star Parodier could well be my first foray into the Shop Channel world of the Turbografx.

Just read a bit of news on VC-Reviews regarding Square-Enix and their stance on the VC.

So that's a definite maybe.

That's a definite "why the hell should we release a cheap version of our vastly superior games when we can keep remaking it over and over a-bloody-gain?"

That's a definite "why the hell should we release a cheap version of our vastly superior games when we can keep remaking it over and over a-bloody-gain?"

I wonder though: The could also make remakes for WiiWare though and get the money from there :)

I don't know if I should get any Hanabi Festival game, Cho Aniki might be worth it for comedy purposes alone :P

I like your style, I wouldn't mind some Cho Aniki some time either! If you fancy something a bit less conventional then take a look at Star Parodier, a cute em up that looks pretty fine.

What are Toki Tori and Lostwinds like/entail?

Check out the WiiWare threads or the LostWind threads for impressions.

Its understandable that we only got 1 game this week what with WiiWare launching.

Heres a youtube vid of this weeks game. I havent a clue whats going on in it and it somehow reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Krusty loses the Itchy and Scratchy show and it gest replaced with an eastern european cat and mouse show.

To quote Krusty " What the hell was that??!! "