NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

oh man, I still remember the day I read on Digitiser/teletext that Super Mario RPG wouldnt be getting a release in Europe.

I'm guessing if we ever did get it, it would have to be part of another Hanabi Festival thing =/

pokemon puzzle challenge - the first game out this year im actualy willing to buy

Seems Super Mario Bros Lost Levels may have a re-release on the VC...the Nintendo Channel lists it with a release of 14th September 2008

MSX games have at last been added to the Virtual Console in Japan, with Aleste being the first game made available.

It also supports a keyboard as a controller.

Nicely spotted, but I think that's when it was released last year. It's a Sunday, so it's extremely unlikely that it's legit.

Seems Super Mario Bros Lost Levels may have a re-release on the VC...the Nintendo Channel lists it with a release of 14th September 2008

Super Mario's Picross has the same date, so it looks like an error.

Yea looks like an error. Though has anyone here actually completed Lost Levels yet?

When or if you get past level 1, the game takes/gives back your virginity, and then a pixellated Shigsy head appears on the screen and laughs.

Yea looks like an error. Though has anyone here actually completed Lost Levels yet?

I did on the GBC version. I got stuck on level 4 or 5 on the VC version and gave up.

No VC update this week, just one wiiware game called Actionloop Twist. :) for 1,000pts

Ok this week we have 4 VC Games.

Master System

Alex kidd in mircale World (Damm tough compared with the Megadrive version)

Neo Geo

Fatal Fury 2

Ninja Combat

C64

Nebulus

I thought there were two C64 games? I can't remember what the name of the other one is right now, does anyone else? Or did it end up being a late update from last week...?

Yeah Last Ninja 2.

I thought there were two C64 games? I can't remember what the name of the other one is right now, does anyone else? Or did it end up being a late update from last week...?

Yeah Last Ninja 2.

Yeah forgot about that one, but the music is so annoying. Makes me wonder how I could enjoy some C64 games back in the day.

Master System

Alex kidd in mircale World (Damm tough compared with the Megadrive version)

Are you kidding me? Please tell me your not kidding me! I dont care that im skint and have no job. If this is for real im buying this!!! Best. Game. Ever.

oh man, I still remember the day I read on Digitiser/teletext that Super Mario RPG wouldnt be getting a release in Europe.

I'm guessing if we ever did get it, it would have to be part of another Hanabi Festival thing =/

It has been rated by the Australian OFLC so we could be getting it after all.

Link

No VC console games this week, instead we got 2 more Wiiware games (Cocoto Fishing Master and Block Breaker Deluxe)

Urgh, why can't they just release both VC and WiiWare games every week? This is ridiculous. =/

It's not like we're getting anything good off the VC though, and this week's WiiWare offerings is just the icing on a very crappy cake. I expect Nintendo to announce some new console support at E3 to keep it alive.

Nintendo dont need to announce new console support, they have to support the consoles that are already on the VC! There is a massive amount of classic games that has yet to be released but instead we get drip fed tripe.

In other news I snapped up Alex Kidd the other day, man that game is hard. I spent a good few minutes just sitting at the start of the first level listening to the classic Alex Kidd tune. Ah happy days :)

Wish they would hurry up with 3rd Party N64 VC games. I want Mystical Ninja Goeman 1 & 2 :(