NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Who's importing their Wii?

I'm importing this time, I regretted going PAL this generation and I've learnt my lesson. With the news that Ninty have region locked the VC meaning that you can't download the likes of Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and Super Mario RPG I now feel even more vindicated in my decision to import this time.

So who's importing the Wii and where from? (I'm probably gonna go with VGPlus, they've never let me down!)

What makes you think a US Wii will let you download US games when its in Europe?

Gah. Just wait and see you mother truckers.

Always jumping on the bandwagon before you know where it's headed.

I would have thought a US Wii would do that, Cube... Though it means you wont be able to get any PAL exclusives like.... oh.

Nobody likes paying Nintendo Europe's prices, especially with the prospect of getting a poorer and later selection of games.

Just wait and see what the facts are first.. the fact that it is region locked does not mean that the system will have only region specific titles. That is unless Nintendo Europe is retarded.

I wish Nintendo UK could gain independance from Nintendo Europe meaning we get games the same time as the US because there will be one language conversion.

I'm importing mine, put my £100 deposit down at my local import shop, raven games. Guy said it should be £180-£200 and a £250 maximum price.

As far as downloading stuff I'm not particularly fussed if it doesnt work, the online side of the Wii is a bonus, its not what I am buying the machine for.

I'll be getting the console, a extra wiimote+nunchuck, component cable and zelda. Not expecting it to be cheap, thats why only one game. Any other games will be ordered online, dont mind waiting a few weeks for additional games as Wii sports and Zelda will be enough to keep me happy.

The reason for importing is because I'm not convinced by the UK approach to the whole 480p component side of the console. At least I know with the USA console I will be getting 480p through component. Also games should be released a bit earlier and with the wonder of the exchange rate and websites i should be able to get games cheaper than UK.

I'm just going to get a PAL Wii and hope that some industrious little Chinese fellas will start working on a chip to bypass the region protection.

I'm not importing but I feel screwed over by this. NTSC games could play fine on Wii, just require 60 Hz mode for it, damn it.

This has put me off a Wii, all my friends have a 360 so i'm probably going to get that before Christmas

I'm not importing but I feel screwed over by this. NTSC games could play fine on Wii, just require 60 Hz mode for it, damn it.

It's more a matter of finances that work, companies don't like importing.

I dunno whether I will or not,we're getting screwed now and I don't wanna import everygame I want.

I don't see the point. I'm just gonna get a PAL one, no need to mess around with import taxes and stuff when importing games.

No, I'm not importing. To be honest, I don't want to have to order my games online. It makes it harder for other people to buy you presents, and who's to say the VC games won't get converted to PAL format eventually? If the demand is great, they will do it. Try emailing Nintendo and Square-Enix if you really want to see Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG.

This is really disappointing news. I can't see any reason why they would region lock the VC, it's stupid, and we'll miss out on some games that are gems. I've always wanted to play Sin and Punishment!

I wasnt gonna. Ive never imported a console, don't intend to.

Being region free, and the fact that I cant get Harvest moon 64 now, is annoying, but not tempting me to import

I'm importing this time, I regretted going PAL this generation and I've learnt my lesson.

How can you regret PAL this gen with Freeloader?!?! :hmm:

WiiConnect24 = Patches, which means freeloader will have to be periodically updated to evade Nintendo's patches.

That is innevitable.

I really wanted to take advantage of the virtual console a lot.. which is why I'm waiting.

The hardware for the Wii itself,pretty much sucks apart from WiiConnect and the Wii-mote.All the rest is an attempt to please non gamers because of the extras and the parents so they can limit their kid.

The hardware for the Wii itself,pretty much sucks apart from WiiConnect and the Wii-mote.All the rest is an attempt to please non gamers because of the extras and the parents so they can limit their kid.

B-But, innovation m8

Yup, you are right. Cube + Waggle FTL

I was going to, but NO i'm not importing a Wii now!

I don't trust this online business. If you have a USA Wii in the UK, what server is it going on? The European one? Too confusing.

Probably be a huge mistake not importing one where the games are concerned, because i can still see Europe waiting 3-4 months after the USA release. Take Excitetruck for example, why not at launch?

Overall? A European one for me! I'm only interested in Zelda at the moment anyway so as long as we are getting that on launch day i don't care.

Sign in to follow this